Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Saw this interesting post today;

Thought some people may like to try to get in on this and share their constructive HOS feedback.

In an effort to prevent the BGWFans social media accounts from becoming a never-ending bitch-fest over the park's horrendous public communications as of late, I'm going to vent about it here instead.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Das Festhaus; not Das Fest Haus. Unbelievable. Just read the sign on the goddamn building. How is there so little oversight in the comms process at this point that shit like this makes it to publication?!

"COASTERS" fails to disclose the important information that two coasters will be closed. Why do they say "5 Haunted Houses" but not "6 Roller Coasters." It seems a bit disingenuous if you ask me.

Last edited:
True. In this case there are punctuation issues and a naming error, but my point remains the same. I'll just amend my last statement to "...learning actual grammar, punctuation, proofreading, etc..."

Reactions: Nicole
I’m beginning to think 90% of the time BGW’s Twitter/Facebook (Or have they changed their name to Fakebook yet?) is run by an outside social media company that has never set foot inside BGW.

I vented a bit about it elsewhere but this is a terrible look for BGW to have this happening. I don’t know enough about the other SEAS parks but I’m guessing it’s all across the parks (would be odd to hire only 1 park a social media consultant).

They need to get it back in house, like I suggested elsewhere do some “takeover” days, and they should also “sign off” tweets (like #ad or #ParkPresident or #maintenance). 1- this all gives it a more personal feeling. 2- lets you know where the information is coming from. 3- makes it a little more interactive.

This is a pretty wild tangent, but it's three in the morning so what the hell.

There are times when I fantasize about what would happen if I just applied to a position in the park's marketing department. Would they even make it past reading my name before my application found its way into the shredder? Maybe, instead, it would just be added to a beat-up, coffee-stained, ten year-old manila folder labeled "BGWFans Kompromat" and buried in an old, creaky filing cabinet in the darkest room in the building. Or, what if someone read my resume as a joke, shoved it to the side, and then, as they drove home after work, found themselves thinking "But... What if... What if that ten years of shockingly relevant experience actually makes Zachary the best candidate we have?!"

Ah... Dreams... Maybe one day...

This is a pretty wild tangent, but it's three in the morning so what the hell.

There are times when I fantasize about what would happen if I just applied to a position in the park's marketing department. Would they even make it past reading my name before my application found its way into the shredder? Maybe, instead, it would just be added to a beat-up, coffee-stained, ten year-old manila folder labeled "BGWFans Kompromat" and buried in an old, creaky filing cabinet in the darkest room in the building. Or, what if someone read my resume as a joke, shoved it to the side, and then, as they drove home after work, found themselves thinking "But... What if... What if that ten years of shockingly relevant experience actually makes Zachary the best candidate we have?!"

Ah... Dreams... Maybe one day...

tenor.gif

Reactions: Thomas
I think it's all a ruse by the evil one who has been pulling the strings all along. I predict a hell-spawned storm of glitter in our future. I dare not speak his name.

Reactions: Applesauce
Busch does not care about Social Media marketing. They will give you a cellphone and a broom and dustpan and send you out in the park. That is no BS. Back when I was on the media list and knew who was "the social media team" I regularly saw them in the park doing just that when the park was super busy.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad