Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wings said:
I made this, I have a few more things I want to do with it, but I have to go some where so I thought I would get some suggestions now.

I like it, it's definitely a different font, what were your plans as far as the remainder of the title ("Fans Forums"), if you had any plans thus far. Was it going to be the flags all the way, or perhaps incorporate other images or themes from the park?

A little change, I gold matted the outside and I added images of attractions in addition to the flags.

And Yes, I did like the font - for some reason it reminded me of either Griffon or Curse of DarKastle

Attachments

• bgwlogo.png
    bgwlogo.png
    61 KB · Views: 20
I have finished!!! Woo! Hope everyone likes it. Also, I figured out a cool slogan..

"BGW Fan Forums, where the latest rumors, updates, and stories are posted by the fans, for the fans."

Let me know what you all think! :)

Attachments

• BGWFanForums_LogoFinal.jpg
    BGWFanForums_LogoFinal.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 30
:exclamation: A+ :exclamation:

This is amazing! It is great! I'm sitting here staring at it and thinking how amazing it is. There is only one thing... It is fine as it is, but, "Fan" should have an "s"... I hope it isn't too late. If so, it is GREAT how it is. :D

Yeah, I love it. If you can add an s to make it BGWFans, then it goes up as the logo immediately.

Great job, Nora!

Alright; I cannot believe I just fixed this is ten minutes - a record I think...

But here it is! :shy:

Ach - I now see some tweaking yet - I have to go to work, but I can fix the little blip on the "B" from BGW when I get home today. Lucky me I only missed an S. :-/

Attachments

• BGWFansForums_LogoSmall.jpg
    BGWFansForums_LogoSmall.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 26
Thanks!! Yay! It feels good to finally get it done. :D

My concept was current Rides on the Left, the "past" on the right. The Big Ben in the center to symbolize the passing of time. I picked the log flume in the center as well because this ride has been a staple since the park opened. Ironically, yet quite awesome in a happy accident way, the map on the "past history" side included Hastings, Threadneedle Faire, and the La Mans Cars. I also put dear Mr. Bob Bauman, a Busch Gardens icon, who passed away Saturday, November 7, 2009, at the age of 95 on the right as well.

I wanted to change the tint to black and white to the right... but the color change looked odd. I kept it all in color.

Glad everyone liked it. :shy:

Chris, if you want me to put the slogan underneath "..where the latest rumors, updates, and stories are posted by the fans, for the fans." or something else.... let me know.

Oh yeah, I picked the font as it was the closest one to your font on the BGWFans.com site (that was an available selection on Photoshop)- and also used the colors above to tie-in to your color scheme for the forums with the Blue.

Hooray for my art degree - I get to use it after all.

Nora said:
Chris, if you want me to put the slogan underneath "..where the latest rumors, updates, and stories are posted by the fans, for the fans." or something else.... let me know.

Yeah, if you want to add it to the bottom that will work, that way the fonts will match up and look better. I'll probably end up rotating between the one that's currently up and the one you make that includes the slogan.

Awesome work Nora!!! They should have you designing stuff for the Park. How hard would it be to get shirts made up with that on it so when we go to the park we can identify ourselves? Again love the work Nora and yeah isn't it nice when you can use the $20,000 piece of paper once in a while.

That is a good question. I know I have the ability to print images from home on T-shirts/ sweatshirts as I did with my "Save the Wolf" Big Bad Wolf image that I wore to the park. (see attached) But I also think Walgreens sells photo prints on shirts and sweatshirts now for a reasonable fee. I can find out if you are interested.

Chris what do you think about having group sweatshirts?

Attachments

• WolfTeeShirtSmall.jpg
    WolfTeeShirtSmall.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 16
Yeah, if the logo could be modified to just say, "BGWFans.com" I think it would make a nice shirt/other items.

I've got experience with this. It all depends on the intended message. Are you using it to describe the forums, or is it more to attract potential users? What tone do you want? a bold "here I am" tone, or a light, "come on in" tone. Knowing these things will help you pick the one that's right for you.
Now for some examples:

For everything Busch (optional "past, present, or future" at the end)

This is a more general slogan that is more for attracting potential users. It gives them a sense of a vast amount of subject knowledge in an easily accessible format. For instance, you may have realized that it just says Busch(the local nickname) instead of specifying which park it is. So with the title, Its complete, and also avoids restatement.

The spot for Busch Gardens Williamsburg News, Rumors, and Talk

This is that informative one. It doesn't sound as inviting, but the slogan is very descriptive and is a bit less dependent on the title.

In the end, after looking at all the options and considering the things I mentioned just go with your gut and you should get a winner.

Nora said:
That is a good question. I know I have the ability to print images from home on T-shirts/ sweatshirts as I did with my "Save the Wolf" Big Bad Wolf image that I wore to the park. (see attached) But I also think Walgreens sells photo prints on shirts and sweatshirts now for a reasonable fee. I can find out if you are interested.

Chris what do you think about having group sweatshirts?

I love your logo and everything, when you are making T-Shirts I will be happy enough to get one as long as its not crazy expensive like $20.00. That's a lot for me anyway. Good job, sometimes I wish I had Photoshop and can do all that cool stuff. OH - members who order a t-shirt could get their screen name on the shirt, good idea or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad