Login or Register to Hide This Ad

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
The ride should be improved for next year, all they really need are the MACK Megacoaster restraints or something similar to those and they should be fine.

Aug 28, 2012
Chantilly
Just got back from Hershey a few hours ago. We rode Skyrush twice, once in the front row then in the second row. The restraints are definitely better than before, they still tighten throughout the ride but it presses down on your entire thigh instead of just one spot like the old ones did. It's also very noticeable how much it slows you down as you reach the top, it's more apparent after riding I305 a few times last week and comparing the two. All in all the ride in the front row was great but the outside seat in the second row seemed pretty rough during the first bank.
Also, i had read that they had improved the loading/unloading process but it still seems as bad as before to me, maybe I'm missing something?? I hate how it unloads from the same side that it loads from and that they open the gates while people are still grabbing the stuff from the bins.

EDIT: I haven't been to Hershey since mid-summer last year so I'm not sure if the restraints are different from the end of the season or from the off-season.

Aug 25, 2012
ZJhauler said:
I hate how it unloads from the same side that it loads from and that they open the gates while people are still grabbing the stuff from the bins.

YES!!! Iated that. It was so disorienting. Bad planning on their part.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
ZJhauler said:
EDIT: I haven't been to Hershey since mid-summer last year so I'm not sure if the restraints are different from the end of the season or from the off-season.

They brought in the new restraints in like Mid-July, iirc.

The thing I don't get is that they have more than enough space on the other side for loading and unloading on opposite sides. There's enough space for three people to stand side by side and they still won't touch the walls or the trains, more space than some other rides I've been on lately. Either it was a snag in building to code, or Hershey had no idea how much of an impact it'd have on capacity. Considering their typical operations I'm leaning to the latter.

The ride is a capacity nightmare still anyways. A friend of mine went a few weeks ago and said the queue line looks like it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes and it took almost 3 times that...

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
Sounds like a perfect candidate for a dual load/unload station. Only issue would be implementing the bag drop thingy (then again you shouldn't be bringing huge backpacks to a theme park in the first place).

One of the ride leads told me there isn't room on the other side for an exit platform because the wall for the maintenance bay squishes the platform.

- Can't wait to ride this beast for the first time this summer :cool:

Reactions: FrontSeatMafia

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Skyrush still isn't kind to people who cherish their legs, but I feel so much better not seeing gigantic bruises across my legs like someone smacked me with a baseball bat. The ride was so much more enjoyable, and the slower lift hill crest made the ride seem like it was a little less intense (but I still got juggled around like the numbers in the powerball wheel).

netdvn

Team Instinct
Jan 12, 2012
in the rear
dvn225.deviantart.com
I honestly didn't have a problem with the lapbars when I rode this in July. It sits comfortably in my number one spot for favorite coaster. Yes the lapbars stapled you in, but it was more annoying than actually painful. Cheetah Hunt gave me a far worse stapling that was actually painful.

The ride itself is crazy intense. Far more aggressive than any other coaster I've ridden before. I love being thrown around with the lapbar being the only thing keeping you from falling into the river. It's definitely exhilarating.

- Looking forward to riding this beast again next year. :cool:

warfelg

Advisory Panel
Mar 16, 2016
Found this throwback while cleaning. If you know much about the marketing campaign it shows how early I was involved:
540AF383-EFFD-4A8F-89DB-A507FC5FC3D7.jpeg

Reactions: b.mac
Jul 5, 2017
At Hershey this morning. Skyrush does not look likely to open today. Noticed some workers at the cable motor this morning, the ride remains closed. Hope they can get it operating today!

Also side note: WTF is with Storm Runner and Fahrenheit’s seatbelts???? I barely got on Storm Runner and Fahrenheit was no shot on the test seat. Definitely hoping Skyrush opens today 😓.

EDIT: Skyrush opened today! Analysis: “HOLY F***”

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2017
Sorry for the double post but I wanted to share my thoughts on Skyrush.

Um wow. Yeah I didn't know something crazier than Intimidator 305 was out there and yeah this thing is just nuts. I only got one lap in the 2nd row on the wing seat. I just remember noticing how exposed and open I was as I was ascending the lift hill at mach speeds and then as we crested the drop I just remember feeling the sensation I've always feared on roller coasters. I luckily avoided a "thighcrush" scenario and the op did not staple me nor did I become stapled during the ride. As we crested the drop I noticed my butt began ascend to the heavens in a way that made me think at first I was falling out of the train. That is how loose you are on this ride. When you get airtime on Skyrush it's not like you're barely coming out of the seat you are literally being pulled by your legs rather than your entire lower half like on a B&M Hyper. I just remember that sensation and it was the moment I realized how insane and wonderful Skyrush really is as a coaster. It's certainly a thoosie dream if you avoid the thigh crush scenario. That was the most insane 45 seconds on a roller coaster I've ever experienced and I deeply cannot wait to ride Skyrush again. At the current moment it's contesting VelociCoaster and El Toro for my #1 spot but I certainly have a thing for intense rides. I'd argue Timbers and I305 could contest as well but I've ridden I305 like 70 times so I mean it's not what it was when I first rode it anymore. I do like Skyrush more than I305 thanks to the trains and it legitimately makes me wonder what I305 would be like with THOSE trains. We will never find out but man...........(Jeffrey Wright voice) what if?

Reactions: Brambo

Brambo

Cyberdyne Systems Software Engineer
Oct 31, 2019
Virginia Beach, VA
I got 3 rides on it when I was there a few months back... If you think row 2 is crazy you have to try a back row wing seat next time you can. Absolutely insanity. I understand the gripes behind the restraint, but I really don't think there is much else u can do when the airtime is so violent. Twisted Timbers / Colossus have the same "thigh crushing" feeling from the airtime. Of course your legs are going to hurt after the ride when double your weight (or more on some of skyrush's hills) is pulling you out of the seat. I'd even venture to say I like the skyrush restraints more than RMCs...so much more open feeling.

Jul 5, 2017
Yeah comparing the seats to Timbers I strongly prefer Skyrush just for the fact my legs are free and open despite the restraint coming down on the thighs themselves.

Apr 22, 2019
Skyrush is painful. Twisted Timbers is also painful. Skyrush is better, but I can only ride it once, pretty much. But man that one ride is something else. If you're going to ride it, ride it back outside seat. It's nuts. Twisted Timbers I can ride a few times in a row before it hurts too much and ends up not fun. Personally neither of these top El Toro, which for me, at least, is also insane, but eminently reridable. I could ride El Toro non stop all day probably.

Reactions: Brambo
Login or Register to Hide This Ad