Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Alf33

Life is short, so eat dessert first.
Jun 8, 2013
Some pictures of the new Skeletones show. It's a good, easygoing, enjoyable family show. The musicians are very good.

Attachments

• IMG_1564a.JPG
    IMG_1564a.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1570a.JPG
    IMG_1570a.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1572a.JPG
    IMG_1572a.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1575a.JPG
    IMG_1575a.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1576a.JPG
    IMG_1576a.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1571a.JPG
    IMG_1571a.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 18

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
So unsure if I got an unlucky show or something, but there were 0 musicians for the show, just singers to a weak track. Did they change the show to be this way or what?

Either way, even if it had the musicians, I think it is a vast downgrade compared to last year's. The simplicity and intimacy of last year's version was refreshing and felt like a fall version of the original Bel Concertino, now it just feels like a Festhaus-esque "Halloween classic song spectacular!" Has been ported to Il Teatro. Oh, and how DARE they do the time warp. Idk if they did it last year, but that song exclusively belongs in Abbey Stone (or old Festhaus stage) with nurses and other visual distractions.

As it stands now, this Ice rates this show a massive glacier on the hot or cold scale.

They should put this show as it is in Festhaus to replace that Phantoms trash and bring back Starfright to Il Teatro.

Reactions: Mwe BGW

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
To be fair, many years ago there was a San Marco Halloween show that included time warp, monster mash, and a few other classics. So while the Abbey Stone version of Fiends was arguably a far better rendition, there is historical precedent.

May 29, 2013
Either way, even if it had the musicians, I think it is a vast downgrade compared to last year's.
I think you're in the minority opinion on this one. In the groups of park regulars I hang with, it's running about 20 to 1 that this iteration is an improvement. While people miss the live musicians, the energy level of this year's show elevates it to a show that's a draw rather than just a space filler. My own opinion is that last year's show was a great concept (way better than a "DJ") that never quite clicked. This year, due to great casting, the performers sell the show every time.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad