Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
They did buy SeaWorld Ohio years ago so there is a history there. That said I find it unlikely remember it was only a year aghost that a Merlin purchase was believed by some to coming soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: deacfan31
Dismal news, if true. Really puts perspective on all of the attractions/capex. The refinance of the debt. John Reilly's apprehension to really discuss the new CEO search details. Curious if that is a major sign of the sale, or a reason to disbelieve it.

***edited to add additional comment***

Reactions: deacfan31
This is a rumor that has cropped up every other year since BEC was spun off from AB In-Bev. I'll believe it when it happens.

SixFlags has been doing ok in the last couple years but they can afford to drop a billon on SEAS.

Just 1 year and 8 months since Zhonghong Zhuoye from China became SEAS majority shareholder. But all is not sunny and daises.

BEIJING—A Chinese property developer whose owner bought a stake in SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. is piling up overdue loans worth hundreds of millions of dollars, as a government campaign to control debt starts to squeeze China’s property sector.

Zhonghong Holding Co. disclosed in a regulatory filing Monday that it defaulted on more than 1.1 billion yuan in borrowings, doubling in the past five weeks a pile of overdue debt that totaled 2.27 billion yuan ($360 million).

Full stories -
Chinese Developer’s Pile of Overdue Loans Raises Fears It’s Just the Beginning.

Chinese Developer Defaults on $364M in Debt One Year After $449M Blackstone Deal.

Zhonghong bought the stock from the private-equity giant Blackstone Group for $23 a share. The price in May 2018: $17.

Last edited:
First, I think the sourcing is sketchy.

That said, I recommend people look at other parks SF has bought. Good theming needs to be maintained, which requires investment I don’t see them making. Additionally, they would need to continue to work within the theme in the future, which seems even less likely.

Just look at SFDK for a good example.

I just went to Great Adventure a couple of weeks ago, after many years of staying away. I really, really hope the corporate priorities in evidence at that park are not the future of Busch Gardens.

Which is not to say I believe the SF rumor any more this time than last time, or the time before...

I just went to Great Adventure a couple of weeks ago, after many years of staying away. I really, really hope the corporate priorities in evidence at that park are not the future of Busch Gardens.

Which is not to say I believe the SF rumor any more this time than last time, or the time before...
Six flags has Bought a SeaWorld park before, and made their preexisting park combined with the SeaWorld Ohio park. Who’s to say they can’t do that here? If they do, they could totally do with the animals and things like that, after all, they have done it in the past. I just hope no theming is taken away and they don’t turn it into Busch Great Advertisement.

We live less than 45 minutes from Six Flags America, and yet we still have memberships to BGW.

Please, I really hope this doesn't happen. Six Flags management is terrible. They do everything as cheaply as can be, with no regard to the customer's experience. They figure if the ticket price is low enough, they'll pack in the parks. And, once they sell the pass/membership, they don't care how badly the customer is treated. They'll come anyway, they already have the ticket (and once in the park, people need to eat/drink).

Six flags has Bought a SeaWorld park before, and made their preexisting park combined with the SeaWorld Ohio park. Who’s to say they can’t do that here?

Okay, but do what here?

This is what ultimately happened that other time:

(And personally, I don't assign 100% of the blame to CF for this. Not nearly.)

geauga2.jpeg

We live less than 45 minutes from Six Flags America, and yet we still have memberships to BGW.

Please, I really hope this doesn't happen. Six Flags management is terrible. They do everything as cheaply as can be, with no regard to the customer's experience. They figure if the ticket price is low enough, they'll pack in the parks. And, once they sell the pass/membership, they don't care how badly the customer is treated. They'll come anyway, they already have the ticket (and once in the park, people need to eat/drink).

To be fair to SFA, in my experience, they have far and away the best customer relations and friendliest staff in the region. Maintenance, on the other hand, sucks.

I would also note that in my opinion, they also have the best woodies.

The only upsides to this: I'll quit complaning about Verbolten if Six Flags rethemes it to Poison Ivy, Alpie and Apollo run in the same cold as Batman and Nitro, and hopefully Six Flags rips the Comfort Collars off the Sky Rocket IIs.

I'd hate to get Gadv South and Sfdk East. Gadv's atmosphere was one of the worst I've experienced.

Reactions: halfabee
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad