Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Lord Robert

"Not pet. Wingman."
Apr 18, 2014
This was previously in the Concept Think Tank which I shared with how the 1975 live show from Busch Gardens' past, Ghosts of the Globe, could be revised today if the Entertainment Team ever decided to bring to show to light. Here's my version of the plot to this concept/idea.

It is set in modern times, a young group of actors have been hired to put on William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet inside the old Globe Theater, this event excites a young actress named Julia who hopes to play the role of Juliet with "true gravitas" and "make Shakespeare proud". But the same can't be said for her twin brother Jonathan, who has been slapped with a prop and costume manager job and it's very clear that he doesn't want to be here for he has "better things to do than to watch people dress weird and speak old people". Julia prepares for dress rehearsal and for some mysterious reason, she notices a very old book and quill standing there without an owner, she looks at it for a minute until the director calls of all the actors on stage. She puts the objects down and gets ready for the part she hopes she'll do justice.

All is going well until Jonathan makes mocking comments constantly to the annoyance of everyone including Julia. The director calls for a lunch break and everyone leaves except for Julia for she is furious at her brother for being "an immature brat" and "not taking this grand piece of theater seriously!". With that, the two begin to have a nasty fight, during which the old book magically opens up and the quill begins to write words, unbeknownst to the two siblings. After Jonathan insults her badly, she angrily tells him to "vanish and leave me alone forever!" which the book writes it down and causes Jonathan to vanish in a puff of smoke and magic dust transports him inside the book which horrifies Julia. Julia immediately regrets what she said and begs the book, as if it's a living being, to find a way to get him back.

(At this point until later, this is where the show from the 1975 version and the "new" version are the almost the same: a magic lute appears and plays by itself, The Minstrel appears before us and narrates in song, sings to Julia, takes her to the grand cavern with the golden throne, the grand portrait of William Shakespeare, a long table for a feast, and candelabras all around the cavern. The Ghosts of Shakespeare's plays who arrive for the feast are all here in the new version with two additions: Queen Elizabeth I and Silvia from The Two Gentleman of Verona.)

The feast goes remarkably well with Puck entertaining the ghosts, Queen Elizabeth notices Julia looking rather down and she gestures Julia to come to her at the golden throne to ask her what's wrong. Julia explains to Elizabeth that she had a nasty argument with her twin brother and wished for him to vanish because of him being rude and "unfair" towards her. Elizabeth thinks that it was probably because Jonathan was unappreciated for the hard work he did and only acted out to get attention because he felt that he's been invisible, even his own sister. Julia realizes this and she promises to do everything she can to fix it which makes the Queen very happy. Suddenly, after the ghosts and Julia perform a beautiful waltz, the wind grows cold and strong to the point where the candles go out; the ghosts are terrified as to what is causing it.

A dark shadow appears before them that transforms into the Ghost of Lady Macbeth which instantly terrifies the other ghosts (with the exception of Queen Elizabeth I and Julia). Lady Macbeth is offended that they have held a banquet without inviting her and is asking why; Julia bluntly tells her that she "caused a great downfall to her own husband Macbeth that led to his doom, so of course they wouldn't invite you, you wicked fool!". Lady Macbeth is instantly angry and decides to punish her (and the ghosts) the same way she punished a "insolent young man", which Julia realizes that Lady Macbeth was the one controlling the old book after all and she takes the book and opens which suddenly materializes Jonathan. Julia is happy to see her brother and apologizes to him for not appreciating the hard work he has done for the show, which causes him to apologize for "acting out very badly"; they make up which causes Lady Macbeth to summon Caliban from The Tempest in rage.

They both cast a spell to "get rid" of the ghosts, leaving Julia and Jonathan behind; Lady Macbeth and Caliban corners them, but Romeo and Queen Elizabeth return in an attempt help the two siblings. Jonathan notices Caliban attempting to cast a spell at his sister and shoves her out of the way, the spell was a knock-out spell which Lady Macbeth orders the creature to "deal with the insolent fool". Caliban unpins his cloak and puts it above his unconscious body and uses his dark magic to float the body in midair and pulls it, causing the body to vanish. Julia is shocked and begs for someone to help them, Queen Elizabeth notices the grand sword next to the throne and picks it up, threatening the two villains with it; Lady Macbeth fearfully asks if that is the great sword Excalibur which Elizabeth confirms. Elizabeth uses it to summon the ghost of the great wizard Prospero also from The Tempest to not only bring Jonathan back (which he does with his strong powers), but to end Lady Macbeth and Caliban's chaos. Lady Macbeth attempts to stop this but Elizabeth stabs her in the stomach, which the sword's pure magic causes her to melt away.

(Also the battle between Prospero and Caliban the same in both versions with Prospero in a new, more grand costume.)

Prospero walks towards the group but Caliban attempts to kill him with a dark sword. Suddenly, Jonathan quickly grabs Excalibur and starts a small sword fight with the monster. Caliban is defeated and grounded to the floor with an angry Jonathan exclaiming: "This ends now!!". As he raises the sword to end Caliban once and for all, Julia intervenes and stops Jonathan and begs him to spare Caliban for he has been "vilified by so many people for over 400 years" and "has never been shown a kind heart". Julia gets Caliban's cloak and shows him kindness that he has never experienced and becomes terrified of it as well, he runs away deep in the caverns. Prospero tells Julia that he has been moved by what she has done and also tells Jonathan that he is very lucky to have a sister like her, something that Jonathan definitely agrees with.

The ghosts say their goodbyes to Julia and Jonathan, they suddenly notice a magic force that takes them back to the Globe Theater which then causes both the book and the quill to vanish without a trace. They both tell the other actors of what they experienced but they all don't believe them, Jonathan then takes this time to apologize to all of them and explains his behavior, they forgive him and decide to go home to get ready for the "final day of dress rehearsals tomorrow", the last ones to leave are the two siblings who walk out together, hand and hand. As the music swells, the curtain closes, ending the show.

Care to share some additional ideas of the entire look/production design? Let your imagination loose. :)

Reactions: jornor
Here's a script version I came up with (note there is many differences from the synopsis and could be reduced to fit the 30 minute limit).

INT. THE GLOBE THEATER
It's a grand, small scale stage version of the great Globe Theater in England that is the one of the main projection sets for the show which is about to unfold before us. There is a curtain before the show begins that resembles a piece of parchment with black ink that says: "Ghosts of the Globe" on it. The show begins with rousing music and the curtain opens.

The scene is in the old Globe Theater where a group of actors have decided perform one of William Shakespeare's most well known works: "Romeo and Juliet" as a celebration of the author's birthday. A few performers appear on stage, scrambling to find their Elizabethan era costumes for the dress rehearsal today. A prop boy by the name of JONATHAN PARTRIDGE is trying to be noticed and helpful, but everyone ignores him. One of the actors scrambling is his twin sister JULIA who is playing Juliet in the production. Julia runs to her dressing room where she and her brother reside. She finds him, he looks bored out of his mind.

JONATHAN
Oh, hey sis.

JULIA
"Oh hey sis"? Is that all you have to say silly? Now where's my head piece that I-?

Before she can finish the question, Jonathan hands her the head piece she's been looking for.

JULIA
Oh, thanks Jonathan.

Jonathan begins to be annoyed.

JONATHAN
You know Julia, I'm getting tired of just handing around costumes and props to everyone who treats Shakespeare like a legend. Which I don't think is true.

JULIA
He is a legend Jonathan, without him we wouldn't have modern day theater to begin with. I only hope I can play Juliet with gravitas and honor the name of Shakespeare.

JONATHAN
Oh really? A man writes people like they're speaking a different language, people having bad communication skills that would've prevented tragedy, like this stupid play. Oh and people looking like fools.

JULIA
But that's how people were like back in the late 1500s. Shakespeare used a special language that used to be spoken but is no longer used. Oh, I wish you would appreciate his work better.

Jonathan scoffs at that remark.

JONATHAN
Ha! That will be the day!

He leaves, leaving Julia alone. As she looks ready for the dress rehearsal she notices something interesting: an old book and a quill are on her dressing room table and she investigates these items with a small amount of curiosity. Suddenly the CALLER is heard.

CALLER (V.O.)
Everyone to your places!

Julia hears this and takes the two things with her. She and the other actors are getting ready for the famous scene on the balcony. As Julia puts the two items down on the floor, the DIRECTOR comes in and everyone pays attention.

DIRECTOR
Good afternoon everyone. I'm certain you all practiced your lines?

The actors unanimously say yes.

DIRECTOR
Very good, now let's start with the balcony scene where Romeo and Juliet are together and vow their love in secret.

Jonathan, in the audience, makes a cynical comment.

JONATHAN
Even though they shouldn't have done it.

The Director and the actors ignore the remark and start the scene. The actor who plays Romeo is with Julia who plays Juliet are in character.

ACTOR #1
How silver sweet does lovers' tongues by night, like softest music to attending ears.

Jonathan makes another comment.

JONATHAN
Unless you're mute or deaf.

Julia is annoyed but does not show it. She continues the scene.

JULIA
Tis almost morning, I would have thee gone.

Jonathan does it again.

JONATHAN
Then why did you bring him here then?

This time the actors can't help but to snort in their hidden laughing.

Julia is getting annoyed with him but despite that, she continues.

JULIA
And yet no further than a wanton's bird.

ACTOR #1
I will be your bird.

JULIA
Sweet, so would I.

Jonathan once again makes a comment.

JONATHAN
Good luck finding Merlin to do that for you two.

Julia is starting to lose concentration but fights it, it is visibly shown and is slowly affecting her acting.

JULIA
Yet, should I kill thee with much cherishing? Good night, good night. Parting is such sweet sorrow. For I shall say good night, til it be morrow!

Jonathan makes one final comment to really make her mad.

JONATHAN
And then they died out of stupidity, the end.

Julia has had enough of Jonathan's comments and breaks character.

JULIA
Jonathan I swear I'll tear you in half!

The actors laugh and she feels embarrassed. The Director stops the laughing, and focuses on Jonathan.

DIRECTOR
Come now, there's no need for the commentary prop boy.

Jonathan is slightly mad at that.

JONATHAN
Excuse me, I have a name you know.

The Director then turns to the actors.

DIRECTOR
Alright everyone, I guess we'll have our lunch break since we've been rehearsing all day. Call for lunch!

CALLER
Everyone for lunch! Be back on stage in 15 minutes.

The actors leave the stage except for Julia who is absolutely furious at her brother.

JULIA
You really don't get it do you?!

Jonathan is kind of surprised at this amount of anger that unleashed upon him. He shrugs is off as much as he can stand.

JONATHAN
Whatever, it's not as if anyone got hurt or anything, as if those people cared.

JULIA
Listen you, I got you this job because I thought it would be great for a brother and sister to work together. But no, he just had to be a jerk because he's not getting his way!

Now Jonathan is mad and starts fighting with his sister.

JONATHAN
Oh yeah?! Well I didn't want the job in the first place!

JULIA
Then why did you agree to this?

JONATHAN
I don't know! I didn't think that this couldn't be any more embarrassing than working in a Shakespeare play with a sister who doesn't know that maybe Will was kind of a third rate writer.

While this fighting is going on, the book mysteriously opens up and the quill floats and writes on the book the words that Julia and Jonathan are using against each other. The words are seen in the projections on the set.

JULIA
I'll have you know that he was a master at his craft, unlike you, he appreciates the funny and the tragic things of life in an original way which is more than what I can say to a fool like you!

JONATHAN
You're nothing but a prude and a know it all!

JULIA
You're an immature brat!

JONATHAN
You happen to be an ignorant person who doesn't care for others. Oh and at least I'm not a moron who accepts jobs left and right.

Now Julia is furious and decides to throw the big one.

JULIA
I finally figured it out. You are nothing but a shallow, empty, lousy human being. AND AN AWFUL BROTHER!!

Jonathan is shocked and heartbroken that she said that to his face. He then has this look of growing fury.

JONATHAN
You know what? I wish that you can disappear forever and never make my life miserable anymore!

As he says that the quill writes down the words and the book magically casts a spell that causes Julia to disappear. He is instantly shocked as to what happened.

JONATHAN
What? What happened?? Julia? Julia?? Julia where are you?!

He looks at the book which is glowing. He opens it up and is horrified that her name is on the page with her sad image inside of it.

JONATHAN
Oh no. What have I done.

He begins to cry and begs of the book to bring him back, instantly regretting for what he's done.

JONATHAN
Please magic book, bring my sister back. Please bring her back, bring her back. Please, please, please...

As he is still crying, he has failed to notice that the stage has turned dark and mist is all around him. What does get his attention is a lute that was left behind by one of the actors starts to play by itself while it floats.

JONATHAN
What on earth? A floating, playing lute? That's impossible...

The lute floats and lands into the hands of a ghostly MINSTREL dressed so beautifully in period costume. He gasps at the sight of the ghost. As he tries to back away, the Minstrel gestures him to stay and begins to sing his song.

MINSTREL
(Singing)
I am a wondering minstrel, I traveled far and near. To sing of merry England in the days of Will Shakespeare. For Shakespeare wrote of maidens fair, and ghostly spirits in the air. Of villains and their tyrannies, and heroes everywhere. With only pen and ink for tools, he created kings and fools. Come follow me and see the way is clear, come join the wondering minstrel in the world of Will Shakespeare.

INT. THE UNDERGROUND CAVERN
With that, the Minstrel gestures the real world of the Globe Theater to evaporate and transform into an impressive, underground cavern filled with a mysterious dim light. The decor is just as impressive: with a golden throne, tapestries, candelabras all over, an overhanging portrait of William Shakespeare and a long table fitting for a banquet. As Jonathan is shocked and amazed as to what happened, the Minstrel mysteriously vanishes.

Suddenly we hear two voices, sounding as if a struggle is occurring. The lights grow a little brighter to reveal two ghosts that are having a sword duel in slow motion; which cause Jonathan to be slightly scared. They are SIR TOBY BELCH and SIR ANDREW AGUECHEEK from the play "Twelfth Night".

JONATHAN
What the? What's happening here?

The slow motion of the ghosts stop and are fast and furious with their duel.

TOBY
Take this! Thou art an aggravating, foolish rooster!

ANDREW
Ha! Thee have missed. Tis my turn!

Andrew spins Toby around and uses his sword to poke Toby's rear-end. Jonathan sees this and tries to stop them.

JONATHAN
Hey! Would you two stop that? You're going to hurt yourselves you clumsy fools.

They don't notice him and the duel continues. With their loud grunting and sword-play surrounding the place, Jonathan decides to yell at the top of his lungs.

JONATHAN
STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!

Toby and Andrew abruptly stops their duel and turns to see who stopped them. Jonathan is surprised that they actually noticed him for a change. The two ghosts put away their swords and are eager to be friendly with him.

TOBY
But oh, a grand lord in distress.

ANDREW
Fear not for tis I Sir Andrew Aguecheek shall guard thee!

TOBY
No, for tis I Sir Toby Belch who shall protect thee!

They almost trample him but he gets out okay.

JONATHAN
Hey I don't need protection from you two. Wait, this is a dream isn't it? I'm going to wake up and you two shall vanish and this nightmare will end.

Jonathan closes his eyes and pinches his arm. He opens them only to find Toby and Andrew looking rather confused at him. Jonathan is realizing something.

JONATHAN
This isn't a dream is it?

ANDREW
Of course not oh strange lord who dresses even stranger.

JONATHAN
My clothes are weird? What about your clothes?

ANDREW
Now see here boy, these clothes are what makes men men.

TOBY
For once we are in agreement.

Jonathan is slightly curious to that statement, but he remembers what he did before he got here.

JONATHAN
Wait, have you two seen a girl around here who's blonde and has a beautiful red dress on?

The two shake their heads, which makes Jonathan very sad.

JONATHAN
Oh no. I have to find my sister before it's too late.

Jonathan tries to go but the two ghosts stop him.

ANDREW
Wait strange one. Would thee like to join the banquet first?

Jonathan looks at him with confusion.

JONATHAN
Banquet? What banquet?

TOBY
The one behind thee, thou art a silly man.

ANDREW
Indeed. Come let us be merry!

As he says that, grand trumpet music is heard and many more ghosts appear to join the banquet with food and drink, and they are either from Shakespeare's life or his plays. They are: KING HENRY VIII and next to him is his beloved daughter QUEEN ELIZABETH I, MISTRESS FORD and MISTRESS PAGE from "The Merry Wives of Windsor", SILVIA from "The Two Gentlemen of Verona", and the most shocking of all to Jonathan, JULIET herself in person. Jonathan begins to feel safe and right at home with them and forgot to be frightened. As the ghosts take their seats, King Henry addresses them.

KING HENRY VIII
Lord and Ladies of England, it is my great pleasure to welcome you all here for the royal banquet celebration in honor of my daughter Elizabeth who has fought through any challenge with her wisdom, strength and courage. Let's all celebrate her life as a strong queen and a beloved daughter of royal blood.

They applaud his speech and the feast begins, the ghosts are into all kinds of small talk. Toby dances with Mistress Page to old English music, he his quite a hilariously bad dancer.

SILVIA
Good Mistress Ford, tis certainly a magnificent fest thee has created.

MISTRESS FORD
Why thank thee Lady Silvia. It was most arduous to make the food in such a short amount of time.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
It's wonderful as always dear Ford and tell me Sir Andrew, who is this mortal who comes to feast with us?

ANDREW
My dear Queen, this man was summoned by our friend the ghostly Minstrel, for what reason I yet to know.

JONATHAN
It was because of some strange book that cast a spell and made my sister disappear after a fight we had.

JULIET
A fight? What sort of fight?

The ghosts are then interested in Jonathan's story, especially Juliet. Toby and Page joins them at the table.

JONATHAN
You see my sister and I were working on a production of Romeo and Juliet for Shakespeare's birthday at the Globe.

MISTRESS PAGE
The Globe? Tis a truly beautiful sight.

JONATHAN
And then after when I made comments during rehearsals she got mad and that's when the fighting started.

Queen Elizabeth rises from her throne and walks towards Jonathan.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
Why did you do that?

JONATHAN
The fight?

QUEEN ELIZABETH
No, your behavior. You see the ghosts wander the Globe Theater when all is calm and that is when we are free to roam. I saw you and her together and you didn't seem to be a cynic and making others uncomfortable. As a matter of fact you were kind and helpful at first. But during the few weeks you turned into quite a beast.

JONATHAN
I guess I just wanted attention from everyone, just for them to appreciate the hard work I do but they all ignored me as if I was a ghost myself. They all did, except for...

Jonathan finally realizes what Julia was trying to do if it wasn't for his acting out.

JONATHAN
Oh no.

The Queen is pleased to see that Jonathan has learned something from that.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
Exactly, she gave you the attention you desired, you were to angry and lost to realize that. Don't you see?

JONATHAN
Yes your Majesty, and that is why I have to find her and get out of here.

JULIET
Must thou leave so soon?

JONATHAN
I'm so sorry Juliet I have to, for my sister. Farewell everyone.

Before he can head out, the lights grow dim and a chilly wind blows through the cavern, making the candles go out.

JULIET
What is this strange chill in the air?

MISTRESS FORD
Something evil this way comes.

SILVIA
Look! In yonder grotto!

ANDREW
Aye it's Lady Macbeth!

Suddenly a wicked laugh is heard as loud thunder booms the cavern. With a flash of lightning and smoke, a woman appears before them; this cold, regal and wicked woman turns out to be LADY MACBETH from the play "Macbeth". She looks very annoyed as she slowly walks towards the frightened Jonathan and the ghosts.

LADY MACBETH
Well, so this was the banquet you denied me. A rich feast indeed.

KING HENRY VIII
Please, your highness.

LADY MACBETH
YOUR MAJESTY!!

The ghosts and even Jonathan tremble at her powerful, loud voice.

KING HENRY VIII
Your Majesty, we thought you didn't wish to come.

She laughs at that comment.

LADY MACBETH
Why in all of the earth would thou think that? That I would waste time with thy foolhardy banquet? Thee art a weak King indeed.

Queen Elizabeth steps forward to defend her father and the ghosts.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
Enough! You will leave our presence madame. Go back to the darkness that poisoned your heart and turned you power-hungry and cold. Leave this place now you vile creature of evil and despair!

Lady Macbeth slams the goblet in her anger, she points at them.

LADY MACBETH
That darkness that thee speak of has given me a power that thee all shall fear. I even used it a while ago on an old book I found.

Jonathan realizes what she's talking about.

JONATHAN
So you're the one took my sister away!

Lady Macbeth finally notices Jonathan and is impressed. She comes close to him and touches his face.

LADY MACBETH
My, tis the mortal man I made a true fool of. You performed your role quite beautifully. You would make a fine slave.

He slaps her hand away from him.

JONATHAN
Shut up! Don't you dare use me Lady Macbeth, the one who wanted power through your husband even if it cost him his own sad life. I will open the book and find the thing to free her.

He opens it and searches for a spell, he finds it.

JONATHAN
"In order to free one who has been trapped into it's pages and ran, all one would do is slam it into the ground with all the strength of a man."

Lady Macbeth looks scared and angry.

LADY MACBETH
Stop! NO!!

He closes it and slams the book to the floor as hard as he could, it causes magic to be released and it materializes Julia. He is overjoyed to see her.

JONATHAN
Julia!

JULIA
Jonathan!

They hug and are happy to see each other.

JONATHAN
Julia, I'm so sorry for how I acted these past few weeks. I should have realized that you were trying to help me. I'm so happy you're here with me.

JULIA
It's okay, we all have bad days and I forgive you. Now, let's get out of here.

Then, a dim thunder is heard and the room darkens even further. Lady Macbeth looks furious.

LADY MACBETH
Thee dares to shove thy joy and forgiveness upon my face? Foolish ones who know nothing of true power with rage and anger, now thee will see the evil I shall unleash upon thee ghosts and especially thee mortals!

Lady Macbeth walks to the table and uses her magic to turn it in a pure dark red light. The ghosts and the two siblings are very afraid now.

LADY MACBETH
He who ooze the golden slime of the sea and the wretches of the dark. I order thou to come thee hence. Horrible servant Caliban, slave of all, I summon you to come to the dark cavern and teach these fools what true power is and show that rage shall triumph over the foolish power of radiance!

She casts the spell on the table and the cavern becomes a dark sinister place, filled with mist and cracks along the rock walls. The table opens up with the sound of wails and chains rattling, a horrifying half beast-half fish creature, wearing nothing but a black cloak and pants appears before them all with a powerful roar. His name is CALIBAN from the play "The Tempest".

JONATHAN
Don't tell me it's-

JULIET
Yes, tis Caliban, the creature Lord Shakespeare created in "The Tempest".

JONATHAN
I was afraid you were going to say that.

LADY MACBETH
Caliban, get rid of the ghosts. spare the mortals for now.

Caliban growls loudly and swishes his cloak which makes wind and causes the ghosts to scatter away in fear, leaving behind Jonathan and Julia. Lady Macbeth points at Caliban to corner the two of them, but Jonathan tries to shield his sister away from them. Suddenly, Juliet and Queen Elizabeth return in an attempt to help; Juliet jumps and pulls on Lady Macbeth's hair, causing her to scream in pain. While Queen Elizabeth grabs Caliban by the cloak, dragging him.

JULIA
Juliet!

JULIET
Julia take thy brother and flee!

Lady Macbeth uses her dark magic to grab both Juliet and Queen Elizabeth and shoves them to the ground. Caliban is free.

LADY MACBETH
I've had enough of this interfering from a foolish brat and a false queen!

She attempts to cast a spell on them, but Jonathan saves them out of harms way and the magic makes him collapse. Lady Macbeth is surprised but satisfied by this event.

LADY MACBETH
Caliban! Come here at once! Let us teach them what happens when fools try to battle darkness itself.

Caliban joins Lady Macbeth, unpins his cloak and covers Jonathan's unconscious body; she gestures the body to float in the air while the three women are watching in shock and horror.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
What dark power is this?

JULIA
No! Jonathan!

When the body has floated to the highest point, Lady Macbeth releases the cloak revealing empty air, Caliban puts his cloak back on. The wispy voice of Jonathan is heard.

JONATHAN
Juliet...

Julia, Juliet and Queen Elizabeth are stunned as to what just happened.

JULIET
No. You didn't. You didn't!

Lady Macbeth wickedly giggles at Juliet's despair causing Julia to snap at the evil queen.

JULIA
How dare you. You are nothing more than a sad princess who was cheated and want nothing more than power and control of others to satisfy your pain. You are the most vile, evil, ugly, creature of all and you know it! Even Caliban is better than you, you evil old hag!!

The comment gives Caliban a good look at this beautiful mortal that he is surprised that her rant was directed to his master and not to him. Lady Macbeth slaps Julia in the face and grabs Julia by the neck.

LADY MACBETH
Thou shall regret those words.

Lady Macbeth slams her to the ground and uses dark magic to torture Julia causing her to scream. Queen Elizabeth finds a magic sword close to the throne and shouts.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
This ends now wicked one!

Lady Macbeth looks at the sword in her hand and is terrified as to what it might be.

LADY MACBETH
That sword. Where did you find it?

QUEEN ELIZABETH
I've always had this blessed sword just in case darkness tries to take over, I wait for a champion to arise from the dark, see the light and to end this chaos. The champion is you, Caliban.

Queen Elizabeth gestures the sword for Caliban to take it, this shocks him and makes Lady Macbeth howl with laughter.

LADY MACBETH
That sword for Caliban? This is foolish, Caliban has been bitter by the years that he has existed that he will not have anything to do the light. His old master Prospero has proven that.

Caliban becomes so confused as to why Queen Elizabeth would give it him to stop darkness when he has been exposed to darkness for so long.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
I know better than you ever will, wicked one.

LADY MACBETH
Enough of this. Tis time for the mortal to die!

Lady Macbeth continues her dark magic on Julia, the screaming continues which makes Caliban very uncomfortable. Julia tries to fight the pain to convince him to stop Lady Macbeth.

JULIA
Caliban, listen, I know you have goodness in you. You have been vilified by so many for 400 years that your heart would be cold, but I know better than anyone. Please Caliban, you deserve freedom and peace from those who use you and treat you like a monster. Please Caliban, help me!

LADY MACBETH
Silence! He will never help thee, he serves me and will be my slave when I end thee the same as thy brother!

The continuing screaming makes Caliban feel something he has not felt in his heart since he was born, kindness and mercy. In a bold gesture of heroism, he takes the sword from Queen Elizabeth's hands and points it at Lady Macbeth's back. He speaks for the first time in years which shocks everyone.

CALIBAN
Let. Her. Go.

Lady Macbeth then turns disgusted by this that she gives him a very angry look.

LADY MACBETH
Fool. Thou shall have the same fate she will!

Lady Macbeth uses a burst of lightning to push him back. Caliban roars at her and tries to use the sword but she shields it by using an invisible force.

CALIBAN
Fight me you coward!

Lady Macbeth summons a dark blade from her powers and a small sword fight between the two begins. After a furious fight like that, she disarms him and pins him to the ground.

LADY MACBETH
Thou art to serve me slave and no one else! May the darkness take thee, thou disgusting, ugly monstrous demon...

Suddenly Julia grabs the sword, runs towards Lady Macbeth and stabs her in the heart in order to save Caliban. Lady Macbeth screams in agony as the blade's radiant magic of light causes her to melt away. The others are mystified by this.

JULIA
Oh dear.

CALIBAN
The light was too much for her wicked heart.

JULIA
Thank you for saving my life Caliban, I knew there was something in there.

CALIBAN
But how long will it last? It will take me more than this to show that the light of mercy and redemption has entered me.

JULIA
I think it happened already.

Julia hugs him. This causes Caliban to be moved and hugs her back. Queen Elizabeth and Juliet approach them.

QUEEN ELIZABETH
Caliban. How will you bring Jonathan back?

CALIBAN
I shall perform the same spell but in reverse.

JULIA
You can do it Caliban.

Caliban gestures them to stay back and performs the same spell again and then with that, Jonathan has returned. Julia hugs her brother in happiness.

JONATHAN
I saw everything, who knew that you were really cool Caliban.

Caliban is slightly embarrassed at that comment which makes the group laugh.

JULIA
See? I told you Shakespeare is a legend.

JONATHAN
Oh no! We need to go back to the real world!

Julia agrees and picks up the book, she sees that Caliban is quite sad.

JULIA
I will never forget you Caliban.

Caliban approaches her and knells down to kiss her hand. She is touched by this.

CALIBAN
Farewell, beautiful mortal.

JULIA
Goodbye, dear Caliban.

Juliet and Queen Elizabeth says their goodbyes to the two mortals, Juliet kisses Jonathan by the cheek and the two leaves. Jonathan and Julia use the books magic and are being transported out of here, but before that the Minstrel appears once again and sings one final song to them.

MINSTREL
(Singing)
And thus our tale has laid to rest, with love and kindness dub thee blessed. The gentle power of charity has triumphed over rage, but think thy friend if what he fear we may of just been dreaming here. And wake to find our magic world was nothing but a stage, for dreams but float across the line like clouds across the sky. And just like me can vanish with wink, with a blink, of an eye.

The Minstrel vanishes along with the cavern itself, returning to the real world of the Globe Theater. Julia and Jonathan look knocked out, hearing the ghosts voices.

JULIET
Jonathan...

QUEEN ELIZABETH
Jonathan...

CALIBAN
Julia...

INT. THE GLOBE THEATER
The voices of the ghosts turn into the voices of the actors and the Director, trying to wake the two up.

DIRECTOR
Jonathan! Julia! Wake up!

Julia is the first to wake up.

JULIA
Oh! Jonathan, we're back.

ACTOR #2
You we're asleep silly.

JULIA
Was it a dream? It felt real too me.

ACTOR #1
What was it like?

JULIA
Like as if Shakespeare's characters came to life in front of me and Jonathan's faces. Even Queen Elizabeth I was there!

The actors are curious about that statement.

ACTOR #1
Sounds cool!

ACTOR #2
Sounds ridiculous.

Jonathan gets up and feels embarrassed in front of the director and the actors. Caliban slowly walks in front of everyone and no one notices him.

JONATHAN
Guys, listen, I'm so sorry for how I acted. I should have been more sensitive to how hard you guys we're working. I just wanted to be noticed, but that isn't important at all.

The Director approaches Jonathan.

DIRECTOR
Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you know how important this performance is for us and are taking this a little bit seriously.

JONATHAN
Oh yes sir. And who would've thought that Shakespeare would be very interesting. I wish we we're doing "The Tempest", instead of this one.

DIRECTOR
Well we may do that one next season. Alright everyone, let's get these last dress rehearsals going.

The actors all leave to their dressing rooms, Julia and Caliban are by themselves. Julia finally notices Caliban and blows him a kiss. He catches the kiss in the air and places it on his chest. Julia leaves. As the music swells, Caliban slowly raises his arms to the sky. With that, the curtain closes and the show ends.​

giphy.gif

Reactions: jornor
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad