Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
It has also had its share of issues previously, nothing on this scale though.

Intamin is definitely in for a much rougher ride after everything that's happened the last few years, and then having this tossed on them.

shoot_boat1.jpg

Photo Credit

Cedar-Point-5-24-2012-Shoot-The-Rapids-5.jpg

Photo Credit

EDIT: the old image has the same restraints, but this picture is the actual Shoot the Rapids boats.

Reactions: Peter R.
It sounds like there still are good people in the world! I hope everyone ends up being okay. I wonder how this happened...

Cedar Point said:
Hi Steve - our ride operators did stop the ride after one of the boats rolled back down the lift hill. All of the guests on the boat were evaluated, treated and released and everyone is ok.

Cedar Point said:
Hi Shawn - the guests on the boat at the time of the incident were treated and released. We are currently investigating the incident, as safety is our #1 priority.

Let me point out that park guests hopped into the water to upright the flipped boat. Employees were doing their job by stopping the ride and calling Emergency Personnel.

We should all thank those guests, especially Cedar Point themselves, who went out of their way to hop into the water and upright the boat. If they stood by we would be reporting on deaths instead of injuries.

A bit more information from here. Seven people on the ride one went to the hospital.

Looking at the maps, they all were very lucky. Had the lift failed and they capsized on the second lift, then nobody could have made it in time. The closes place that has a clear view of the accident is an observation platform/sprayer thing that can be found on google maps.

Reactions: Mushroom
[facebook=https://www.facebook.com/cprundown/photos/a.412467848846326.95497.349928541766924/635895746503534/?type=1&theater]

Seems like they may reopen it unannounced... probably best.

I never rode it, but it looked boring as hell. Not to mention that serious accident a few years back. It's for the best.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad