Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Found this brief video on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37dbxux-S0

Pretty funny, once you think about it. Thoughts?

The park just posted this pic on their Facebook.

480439_10151458261075239_1336105305_n.jpg

Reactions: Hoopla and Zachary
Evan said:
Did they only paint the lift and top turn? Or the entire thing? Looks good though!

The entire thing.

I went last month and saw them working on the second drop.

B.Mac said:
I don't know how many times I've said this but, Red is a horrible color to paint a coaster.

I don't mind the color red for a coaster.

My issue is when parks let them fade to pink!

He's saying he hates it when the coaster is painted red when the park does not keep repainting it. Red Coasters fade into pink. BBW was properly re-painted so it stayed a good looking coaster. Look at I305 or Anaconda at Kings Dominion.

Evan said:
He's saying he hates it when the coaster is painted red when the park does not keep repainting it. Red Coasters fade into pink. BBW was properly re-painted so it stayed a good looking coaster. Look at I305 or Anaconda at Kings Dominion.

i305 hasn't pinked out yet, but Anaconda and i305 make perfect coasters to see what the difference is since they're painted the same color and are literally right next to each other.

The salty air and the humidity of Tampa isn't kind to the paint on roller coasters either, so I find it amazing BGT allowed Sheikra to fade that badly.

Evan said:

BBW also had an advantage of being situated below the tree line under some good shade so the color didn't fade as fast. Something like SheiKra, which sits under nothing but the sun in a year-round, hot-to-mild climate will definitely fade faster.

Unagi said:
BBW also had an advantage of being situated below the tree line under some good shade so the color didn't fade as fast. Something like SheiKra, which sits under nothing but the sun in a year-round, hot-to-mild climate will definitely fade faster.

This this this. Williamsburg is also 37.2749° N in latitude making it farther away from Tampa's 27.9472° N. The ~9.3* difference makes a large difference is sun intensity as well as length of days. Being farther south the sun is more intense as it is closer to it. Being close to the equator also has longer days which is more exposure to sunlight (albeit not too extreme). Faster fading!

daylength.jpg

SheiKra's Downtime

Maybe it's just my luck that almost every time I head over to the park (on average in the last 6 months I would say once a week). But more often than not, SheiKra seems to spend part of my park visit not-running, or running empty trains. More than once I've been walking by and hear the announcement for "a technical difficulty."

Is this a common, daily occurrence? Wanting to hear some other park goers' experiences with it. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky enough to be there on the days it has issues.

Whenever we take a vacation down there it seems to work great.(Of course that is only four days a year :p) This also happens with Griffon. Some days it works great and some days it works like Mach Tower :p

Bill said:
Maybe it's just my luck that almost every time I head over to the park (on average in the last 6 months I would say once a week). But more often than not, SheiKra seems to spend part of my park visit not-running, or running empty trains.

:shocked: OMG!!! This happens all the time to me with Griffon! I thought I was the only one! And the weird thing is it will be working the whole day, and then I'll get over to it, and it'll break down.:dodgy: I've only been on Griffon twice this year, and one of the times was because I waited for them to open the ride. I don't know what its problem is, but it's been acting up a lot this year.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad