Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jan 19, 2015
Can I just say that reopening to the public on July 4th is a disaster waiting to happen?
Yes you can!! Dont think BGW, KD and the Govenor arent waiting until a couple of weeks after their (and other parks) opening to see if there is a spike in new cases.

Last edited:

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Genuine question- if SFGAdv limits park capacity with their mobile registration system, why would July 4th be worse than any other day?

Reactions: Brambo

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
Genuine question- if SFGAdv limits park capacity with their mobile registration system, why would July 4th be worse than any other day?

This is going to sound mighty elitist but here I go...

It's my impression/experience that the average guest that visits an amusement park on July 4th tends to be a very particular kind of visitor—less likely to be a pass holder, much less likely to be familiar with parks or how they operate, and, frankly, more likely to act... recklessly. Typically, at least in my experience, they are there to have a good time with little regard for the park or the experience of others. To be more direct here, July 4th brings in the people who wave Confederate flags and launch fireworks in the parking lot.

In my mind, parks should aim to slowly build up to those historically troublesome days in their calendar—giving their employees time to learn the ropes of how to deal with difficult guests—not throwing their staff into the ultimate amusement park operations, customer service, and security "deep end"—July 4th guests during COVID with one or fewer days of experience.

Now more than ever before, I believe guests need to understand parks to have a good time at them. COVID has turned the industry upside down and EVERYONE is going to need time to adjust. On the spectrum of how understanding guests will be of growing pains, I'd put pass holders on one far extreme and July 4th guests on the other. I see a July 3rd pass holder day immediately followed by a July 4th reopening day to be essentially going from 0 to 100 in 24 hours.

Last edited:
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad