Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 10, 2012
Nearby
Before the summer ends, I would like to get together for a couple of hours and take in ALL of the rides where you can get wet. Who's in?!?! Need to set a date.

- Griffon splash zone
- Le Scoot
- Land of the Dragons water works
- Curse of DarKastle wolf spit
- Roman Rapids
- Splashush Maximus splash zone
- Escape from Pompeii
- Pompeii splash zone
- Forest of Fun water works

*Bonus points for not using the Family Oven.

I would also like to extend a personal invitation to our own Nora; bring your log flume t-shirt; and maybe a poncho for the icky water. :p

UPDATE:

It's Sunday, September 8, 2013.

Reactions: Julia
Feb 9, 2013
RE: September 8, 2013 - ParkFans Wet Ride Night

Today is a beautiful day and the last day our water rides will be running. Which Busch Gardens water ride is your favorite: Escape From Pompeii, Le Scoot Log Flume or Roman Rapids?

Directly from their Facebook page I assume because of budget cuts, but I just thought I'd leave this here, I'm sorry guys. I wasn't going but I'm mad because there is plenty of Warm weather left, this must put a lot of dents in your plans, again I'm very sorry. Great now there will be even more people on the paths, and in the line for rides.:dodgy:

Edit: Somebody should ask if they're leaving the water works open at LOD, and at Sesame street, they're still might be some water stuff for you guys to do if they're leaving those open.

Feb 9, 2013

I guess I'll have to go early, luckily I was planning on going today for the last showing of TIO. I'll hit Pompeii, and Le scoot, but there is no way anybody is getting me on RR.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

I tell u all they are punishing me for Italy. First my shrubbery and shows, then the adult grilled cheese & pork shanks & bacon, now my water rides. With no notice!! Let's be real BGW, shut down the f$-%-'n train if you wanna be rid of the Almighty chickenking!!

BTW, I am adjusting my plans today to go get wet. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!! HULK is coming...

Aug 9, 2013

Fans: Earlier this afternoon we mistakenly posted that our major water rides - Escape from Pompeii, Le Scoot Log Flume and Roman Rapids - were closing for the season after today. That post was incorrect, and the good news is that those rides will be open until much cooler weather arrives.

We are sorry for any confusion, but just to be clear … Escape from Pompeii, Le Scoot Log Flume and Roman Rapids are not closing today for the season.

I don't know if you guys saw this, but hopefully your meet will happen now and today won't be so ruined!
By the way, how do you "mistakenly" type up and post such a huge deal on Facebook? Tsk Tsk

Dec 23, 2011

Kitty said:
By the way, how do you "mistakenly" type up and post such a huge deal on Facebook? Tsk Tsk

Simple, you post a scripted announcement that came from marketing and not park operations, and then a fan points out your mistake and you double check with park operations and then respond accordingly.

Marketing is very out of touch with the rest of the park.

Sep 10, 2012
Nearby

Or, it wasn't a mistake. And only after much public outcry, they decided to retract from pissing people off. These "mistakes" affect hundreds if not thousands of people's plans. It is unprofessional. And if it really was a mistake or some department being out of touch, then they need to find a new line of work. Something that doesn't affects people's lives.

BTW, Wet Ride Night is still a go for next Sunday!!

Dec 23, 2011

While I agree with you, this seems to be the 'norm' for the park.

Apr 1, 2010
NC

chickenking said:
Or, it wasn't a mistake. And only after much public outcry, they decided to retract from pissing people off. These "mistakes" affect hundreds if not thousands of people's plans...

I vote for this reason.

Reactions: Nora and Kitty
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad