Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
OH at Brady’s Drink, employee to employee: “So is this food and wine thing happening next week?”
Bingo.

I tried digging around the site and found very little evidence backing this up other than this page from the BGW site which was updated this week.
Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 6.35.56 PM.png
Based on this evidence it looks like we may be receiving some sort of Virginia Food Festival, which falls in line with the tease on the Coasters and Craft Brew page claiming, "Be sure to stay tuned, because we're cooking up something NEW for September!" I think in order to differentiate this event from C&CB there will be a heavy focus on food, so then in October they can they capitalize on an Oktoberfest style event during the day and maybe some sort of halloween event at night. All of these events would be drastically different and promote repeat visits, which with a heavy passholder base and cooler temperatures is an excellent move this year.

Bingo.

I tried digging around the site and found very little evidence backing this up other than this page from the BGW site which was updated this week.
View attachment 21064
Based on this evidence it looks like we may be receiving some sort of Virginia Food Festival, which falls in line with the tease on the Coasters and Craft Brew page claiming, "Be sure to stay tuned, because we're cooking up something NEW for September!" I think in order to differentiate this event from C&CB there will be a heavy focus on food, so then in October they can they capitalize on an Oktoberfest style event during the day and maybe some sort of halloween event at night. All of these events would be drastically different and promote repeat visits, which with a heavy passholder base and cooler temperatures is an excellent move this year.

Interesting. Intriguing though that it implies that basically the entire park will be open, as the only areas not mentioned in that description are France and Festa. Curious what attractions are open in the circumstances those descriptions reflect the event in question.

I think it is possible that page is actually from last year. Obviously, I could be wrong, but it is worth considering.

I’d go so far as to say it is likely, given what we know about the current situation. I just don’t see them leaving Ireland/France open if they’re opening Germany/Italy (I think New France is a possibility, if they feel Trapper’s is their safest social distancing restaurant option and Invadr represents their shortest height requirement coaster).

Overheard an employee saying that they might try to open Germany next weekend. Anyone think it might happen. I do miss the Feathaus.

I do think every sign (lots of people overheard employees gossiping this weekend) is pointing to them switching to other parts of the park being open for the next event, but whether or not they’re soft open other areas WITHIN this event is a little less clear. There’s been the suggestion of opening Alpengeist sooner than later, perhaps within this event, and opening THAT part of Germany is certainly feasible. I highly doubt you’ll see Oktoberfest open until the September event begins, and even then there’s some open questions about opening an indoor eatery that haven’t really been addressed.

Speaking of the other parts of the park, there was two women in Scotland looking lost and I asked them if they needed help, and they were trying to figure out how to get to the rest of the park, because they didn’t know it wasn’t open? I admittedly can’t fathom not knowing every intimate detail about this event given that I am, you know, posting about it on a forum dedicated to it, but I was still shocked they managed to book reservations and never clued into the fact only half the park was available. They didn’t seem mad, more relieved they weren’t going crazy when they couldn’t find a path to get to Apollo’s.

They could go the "Taste of Seven Seas food festival" route and have a different type of cuisine featured every week. Would certainly bring repeat customers in considering that it appears that reservations are not in as high of demand anymore.

Overheard an employee saying that they might try to open Germany next weekend. Anyone think it might happen. I do miss the Feathaus.
I can confirm that Germany and Verbolten will be open for the next event, however the Festhaus is not currently planned to open. It will most likely only be one or two small food stands most likely the one in Der Marktplatz and one other small one.

They could go the "Taste of Seven Seas food festival" route and have a different type of cuisine featured every week. Would certainly bring repeat customers in considering that it appears that reservations are not in as high of demand anymore.

It's a question of how the food procurement works in relation to that, but I definitely agree that there's a strong argument to be made for offering more week-to-week variation in some way. When this event first started, I thought I would be visiting once a week, but I ended up finding that there wasn't enough variety to justify it, and I can imagine that other members felt the same way. Given that General Public interest will be less as we leave "summer," and before we get to Halloween, encouraging repeat visits from members is their best course of action if they want to stay open between two events with broader appeal.

I can confirm that Germany and Verbolten will be open for the next event, however the Festhaus is not currently planned to open. It will most likely only be one or two small food stands most likely the one in Der Marktplatz and one other small one.

I'm presuming you're speaking only of food options in Germany, and that other spots are likely to be open throughout the open sections of the park? But that's good to know on Festhaus, which allows them to more strongly assert these as "outdoor events."

Reactions: Le Moose
It's a question of how the food procurement works in relation to that, but I definitely agree that there's a strong argument to be made for offering more week-to-week variation in some way. When this event first started, I thought I would be visiting once a week, but I ended up finding that there wasn't enough variety to justify it, and I can imagine that other members felt the same way. Given that General Public interest will be less as we leave "summer," and before we get to Halloween, encouraging repeat visits from members is their best course of action if they want to stay open between two events with broader appeal.

I'm presuming you're speaking only of food options in Germany, and that other spots are likely to be open throughout the open sections of the park? But that's good to know on Festhaus, which allows them to more strongly assert these as "outdoor events."
Yes from what I understand the rest of the park should mostly be the same

I’d go so far as to say it is likely, given what we know about the current situation. I just don’t see them leaving Ireland/France open if they’re opening Germany/Italy (I think New France is a possibility, if they feel Trapper’s is their safest social distancing restaurant option and Invadr represents their shortest height requirement coaster).
Italy is not opening and there isn't a current plan for it to open from what I've been told

I am officially full of questions: adding Germany is geographically easy (Rhine River Bridge opens) but presuming that Verbolten and Alpengeist I presume we're going to see some trade-offs, staffing wise?
I wish I had more to tell. All I know is that I have been told that they are planning on having Germany open in September. I haven't heard about any rides being dropped from the event.

So we'll get the staircase of death, or the march across Europe to get to Verbolten...I'm gonna be mad if they don't at least open the skyride.

What is this, 1978?
I know that some people who usually work at sky ride are working at Log flume/invadr right now so maybe we will see the sky ride in this next event

Reactions: Eric
I don't think we will see the Skyride. I am hearing that one of the current coasters will close for the addition of Verbolten but I'm not sure which one it will be. My guess would be that it would be Loch Ness but all I have really heard is that one for sure won't be open so that they can move that team over.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad