Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 17, 2017
I found a position within BGW's Summer Leadership Intern program called "Senior Ride Operator" (SRO) and learned the essential duties such as assisting ride operators with training and writing rotation and break schedules. Is this position technically the same level as the location supervisors (white shirts) at Kings Dominion or is it slightly under?

Reactions: Mwe BGW
I found a position within BGW's Summer Leadership Intern program called "Senior Ride Operator" (SRO) and learned the essential duties such as assisting ride operators with training and writing rotation and break schedules. Is this position technically the same level as the location supervisors (white shirts) at Kings Dominion or is it slightly under?
Sounds like they renamed Location Lead Supervisors again. Before that, it was Lead Team Members. They probably took away the power to write up employees, so they removed the supervisor title. That was the only reason it went from Lead Team Member to Lead Supervisor. It is also possible they made a new position between Location Leads and Ride Ops. Not technically a supervisor, but not the lowest on the totem pole. I doubt this as historically, the internship program included automatic placement in a Lead capacity, regardless of the department. Returning interns often were able to work as area supervisors as well.

Reactions: Zachary
Sounds like they renamed Location Lead Supervisors again. Before that, it was Lead Team Members. They probably took away the power to write up employees, so they removed the supervisor title. That was the only reason it went from Lead Team Member to Lead Supervisor. It is also possible they made a new position between Location Leads and Ride Ops. Not technically a supervisor, but not the lowest on the totem pole. I doubt this as historically, the internship program included automatic placement in a Lead capacity, regardless of the department. Returning interns often were able to work as area supervisors as well.
When I first saw the position description, I thought it sounded similar to that of the line workers in charge at Kings Dominion. But if this is a location supervisor position that starts two months after BGW opened for the season and ends in August, then who would supervise each park location before and after that timeframe? I also noticed that many of the other summer leadership intern positions in different departments are assistant supervisors, so maybe that means there's groups of supervisors at each individual location working together or it's assisting the lead supervisor with their duties.

When I first saw the position description, I thought it sounded similar to that of the line workers in charge at Kings Dominion. But if this is a location supervisor position that starts two months after BGW opened for the season and ends in August, then who would supervise each park location before and after that timeframe? I also noticed that many of the other summer leadership intern positions in different departments are assistant supervisors, so maybe that means there's groups of supervisors at each individual location working together or it's assisting the lead supervisor with their duties.
So generally, there are 3-5 location leads at major rides and AH, 2-3 leads for everything else. During peak season (june-aug), they will bring in interns to work as leads so that there are more on hand. I would guess this is still the same, but with a name change.

Out of curiosity for all….is BGW requiring prior park experience within SEAS or in general or is this open for all?

Out of curiosity for all….is BGW requiring prior park experience within SEAS or in general or is this open for all?
I would imagine it is only exclusive for intern positions for higher management positions (area supervisors, etc). The one in the OP probably does not require any SEAS experience. Most positions that require current employees to apply are hidden from the GP. That's why it asks you if you are a current employee, so it can direct you to log in and see internally available only positions.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad