Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Cedar Point has announced that two new passes are being added. The "Prestige Pass" starting at $299 and the "Prestige + Pass" starting at $399. Prestige is similar to a gold pass and Prestige + is similar to a platinum pass. At the bottom it says "Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.", so I'm curious if we will see other parks begin announcing soon.

Some of the additional benefits include:
  • 2 hour early entry
  • Preferred parking
  • Preferred entrance for 2 hours daily
  • VIP area in waterpark
  • 15% Food and Merch discounts
  • Enhanced pass perk rewards
  • 2 Bring a Friends tickets annually
  • 1 single use fast lane per visit

Last edited:
May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
Hmmm... maybe 2 hours early entry? Comparing it to the current Gold/ Platinum benefits, Gold/ Platinum currently get 1 hour early entry. So to keep them separate they want to give the new passes it's own entrance.

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Nov 30, 2018
It would seem at these higher levels they could increase the food discount to more than 15%. This an area that CF is really stingy with pass holders compared to competitors, despite having pretty high food prices.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
It would seem at these higher levels they could increase the food discount to more than 15%. This an area that CF is really stingy with pass holders compared to competitors, despite having pretty high food prices.

Maybe they’re worried that if they push the food discount too high, it’ll disincentivize those pass members from purchasing a dining plan?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
Maybe they’re worried that if they push the food discount too high, it’ll de-incentivize those pass members from purchasing a dining plan?
It’s definitely a balance, but it seems like 20 or 25% could be done without cannabilizing dining passes.

Of note is you have to go to guest services for the front of the line pass. That’s a rather inconvenient wait just to save time on one ride. Seems they could hand out vouchers at entry or do something on the pass itself vice crowding guest services even more.

Reactions: Mushroom

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
I'm curious if the guest tickets work at all the parks or just the home park. That could make the difference for whether or not it's worth getting as someone who doesn't live near any cf parks. I'm assuming they won't though.

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
I'm curious if the guest tickets work at all the parks or just the home park. That could make the difference for whether or not it's worth getting as someone who doesn't live near any cf parks. I'm assuming they won't though.

Fine print on the Cedar Point says they're only good at the pass' home park. 🙁

Nov 1, 2012
In the 2nd quarter earnings call last Thursday, CEO Zimmerman was talking about season passes so far for 2022 and predictions for 2023. He kept bringing up about season pass customers wanting to upgrade their passes. I was scratching my head over that statement. You mean Gold upgrade to Platium?

Zimmerman stated that the 2023 passes would go on sale that week in certain parks. So, the next day, Cedar Point, Carowinds, and Kings Island announced the 2023 Prestiege passes for sale.

Whether or not this is a trial run for those parks for 2023 or each park in the chain will roll out their own version of it in the next couple weeks is TBD.

Aug 10, 2022
Cedar Point has announced that two new passes are being added. The "Prestige Pass" starting at $299 and the "Prestige + Pass" starting at $399. Prestige is similar to a gold pass and Prestige + is similar to a platinum pass. At the bottom it says "Prestige + Passholder benefits may vary by park. Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits.", so I'm curious if we will see other parks begin announcing soon.

Some of the additional benefits include:
  • 2 hour early entry
  • Preferred parking
  • Preferred entrance for 2 hours daily
  • VIP area in waterpark
  • 15% Food and Merch discounts
  • Enhanced pass perk rewards
  • 2 Bring a Friends tickets annually
  • 1 single use fast lane per visit
1 hour early entry, not 2 and includes entry to the park VIP area as well as the VIP area in the waterparks. Available for CP, KI, and Carowinds.

Aug 10, 2022
Hmmm... maybe 2 hours early entry? Comparing it to the current Gold/ Platinum benefits, Gold/ Platinum currently get 1 hour early entry. So to keep them separate they want to give the new passes it's own entrance.
And Gold Pass is losing early entry!

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad