Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
SEAS and CF both use two different third party companies for safety and training. That could be a part of it, however the don’t hook up rule seems universal.

SEAS and CF both use two different third party companies for safety and training. That could be a part of it, however the don’t hook up rule seems universal.
What third party does SEAS use for safety and training? I was in Park Ops at Busch for 7 seasons and never once interacted with a third party for any sort of training.

Reactions: AlpenChariot
Cedar Fair uses a company called IROC for their training. The park still trains their own employees but CF bases the training off of IROC’s policies and all ride ops have to be certified by IROC and past a test. IROC will also come to the park and audit the ride ops and test to see if they are following safety procedures and interacting with guest. I’m not sure if SEAS also has a contract with a company that they use their model for, or they might be independent.

Cedar Fair uses a company called IROC for their training. The park still trains their own employees but CF bases the training off of IROC’s policies and all ride ops have to be certified by IROC and past a test. IROC will also come to the park and audit the ride ops and test to see if they are following safety procedures and interacting with guest. I’m not sure if SEAS also has a contract with a company that they use their model for, or they might be independent.
IROC does what you may call the "base" ride training, or things that more or less apply to all rides. Individual rides still have nuances (such as what doors to use in an emergency) that the park will decide. Busch never used them while I was there and I doubt they use them now due to how much time and energy they spent on developing their own curriculum. The rules I mentioned were definitely made internally, due to incidents that occurred during the seasons I was in that area of the park. Now back to WWC.

Reactions: Zachary
KD has their act together......the other Virginia park needs to pay attention.
I’ll toss this thought out there though:
Would they even do this if it weren’t for the issues at BGW?

Personally I’m skeptical they would. I think they’d just continue as is if it weren’t for that. I mean good for them trying to “one up” BGW, but this doesn’t seem like something they thought of without the other thing.

Reactions: michaeelaln

Personally I’m skeptical they would. I think they’d just continue as is if it weren’t for that. I mean good for them trying to “one up” BGW, but this doesn’t seem like something they thought of without the other thing.
I dont know abiut the cards but they have had armed park police for quite a few years. They have also always had plenty of security throught the park espically for Haunt. Have they added more because of BGW.....probably so because they dont want that crappy reputation right now.

For what it is worth, as we were walking out to our car, we heard a woman scream and saw a car take off like a shot. We ran over, but someone was taking care of her. She was still on the ground and crying in pain, as we were driving out. So, lets not overstate how safe KD is.

As I said, we need to wait and see what happens throughout the Halloween season. It is not reasonable to praise KD without any real data, especially given their terrible history at Haunt. It may turn out that KD is the safest of the three regional parks, but it is too soon to say.

For what it is worth, as we were walking out to our car, we heard a woman scream and saw a car take off like a shot. We ran over, but someone was taking care of her. She was still on the ground and crying in pain, as we were driving out. So, lets not overstate how safe KD is.

As I said, we need to wait and see what happens throughout the Halloween season. It is not reasonable to praise KD without any real data, especially given their terrible history at Haunt. It may turn out that KD is the safest of the three regional parks, but it is too soon to say.
Then we should do the same for BGW then....dont say that they have any problems till we see how the whole event plays out. Who knows BGW could be the safest park by the end of October so lets not overstate how unsafe BGW is right now with the lack of security they have. Give me a break.....if BGW rolled out the security equal to what KD has now yall would be singing the praises of the park and complimenting them on "keeping us safe".

They cranked up their security in 2019 when they had several out of control fights break out on multiple nights. I was there one night when flood lights on the Eifel tower were activated and police had to use mace in Candy Apple Cove closing down Cleavers for the night so yes I think it's HIGHLY likely that you would see this at the park even without BGW's issues. I also saw a report on another park enthusiast group that said that CF had concerns about issues at ALL of their parks and had ordered all parks to increase security procedures and that that was the reason for the new bag policy for CW,

I'm glad they hand out cards but when I was there the other night there was a lot of rowdiness, some folks in line got into a screaming match that thankfully didn't turn into a physical fight, and I got line-jumped on all four rides I rode during the Haunt, MANY times on Backlot Stunt Coaster where the line turns to cross the bridge. I was very much unimpressed by security at night.

I was there in the day and had no problems; so I think the large halloween crowd brought the problems with them.

I witnessed several small scuffle last night as well as line cutting and general rude and aggressive behavior and that was on a fairly calm Friday night so I think you can pretty well disregard the argument that KD's security while noticeable is preventing all issues before they happen.

There are reports on FB of a signifgant fight with injures and arrst taking place at drop tower close to close last night.

• Sad
Reactions: Zachary
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad