Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jun 25, 2011
Does anyone else remember the Ireland show with the guy who was getting an inheritance from the O'Sullivan family. There was a Leprechaun in it and there was the ghost of Shamus O'Sullivan.It featured the song "This is my chance to own a piece of Ireland". I think it was taken out on account of the fact that without fail a child would cry when Shamus showed up. I thought it was good cheesy fun but it was alot of work for the actor on stage because he had to carry the whole himself and work with a animatronic leprechaun

RE: Ireland Show

I loved that show even though I only got to see it once. It was called Castle O'Sullivan's (or something to that extent) and was taken out for the Elmo character dining

Yes, that show was called secrets of Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan. That used to be my favorite show, and it made me very mad to see it replaced by Dining With Elmo. It wasn't the fact that it was replaced that made me mad, but it was what replaced it that did. By the way, here's the background music from near the end of the show. http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6uvkxemz275n0b/BUSCH%20%2312.mp3

CastleOSullivan said:
Yes, that show was called secrets of Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan. That used to be my favorite show, and it made me very mad to see it replaced by Dining With Elmo. It wasn't the fact that it was replaced that made me mad, but it was what replaced it that did. By the way, here's the background music from near the end of the show. http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6uvkxemz275n0b/BUSCH%20%2312.mp3

Second best thing the park had to offer (Imaginique being first). I saw this show about 12 times. Such a great show, unlike the stupid Big Bird crap that's there now.

lw86 said:
I think it was taken out on account of the fact that without fail a child would cry when Shamus showed up.

No where near as bad as during 'The Enchanted Laboratory.' I remember being terrified of that as a child and hated being dragged in there when my parents wanted to get out of the heat.

There was a storm in the show or something and the gargoyles came alive and came home with you and lived under your bed and made noises in the middle of the night....right? They did that to everybody...right?

Just me? Oh okay.

It was scary. As a kid. Now it would be awesome.

O'Sullivan's was great the first year, then caught DarKastle Syndrome and slowly lost it.

I love that there's a Sesame Street part of the park however I think it's a waste of time/space to have a Dining With Elmo in the castle. It should be in the Forest
Of Friends.

There's nothing wrong, per say, with Sesame Street being at the park. In the first place, it attracts guests, and in the second place it doesn't HAVE to detract from the over all theme. But there's a time and a place. Just like I don't want to see Timon and Pumbaa welcoming me to the Hall of Presidents at WDW, I don't want to see Elmo taking over every free space at Busch Gardens.

That's basically the point I was trying to make, and I love that you picked Timon and Pumbaa for an example.

RE: Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan (? to ?)

At a guess, did Secrets of Castle O'Sullivan open with the creation of the Ireland hamlet?

I confirmed from my collection of brochures that it was open at least as early as 2003. It appears on the show schedule on the map/brochure through the regular season of 2008 (not during HOS, though) but not 2009 (and I have a map from opening day 2009). So, apparently closed end of regular season of 2008.

Doesn't seem that many seasons ago since the changeover to Sesame Street stuff! Time flies and all that.

BBW said:
I confirmed from my collection of brochures that it was open at least as early as 2003. It appears on the show schedule on the map/brochure through the regular season of 2008 (not during HOS, though) but not 2009 (and I have a map from opening day 2009). So, apparently closed end of regular season of 2008.

Yup; I can confirm that Dine with Elmo took over the venue w/ the 2009 season.

Someone posted a video of the show on youtube. They apparently had a BG fansite called theoldcountry.net. The description on the video claims the show ran from 2001 to 2008. Take that FWIW.

Haberdasher1973 said:
I believe Ireland was 2001, so shall we go with 2001 to 2008, until we're proven otherwise? :)

I would say, unless someone can remember another show there after they changed it to Ireland, then this should be a done deal.

The dates 2001 to 2008 are correct. The show basically stayed the same with the exception of a few minor changes every other year. For example: Originaly Seamus (the villain in the show) appeared as a cartoon projection on a water curtain with thunder and lightning. Later they decided that the water did to much damage to the theater, so they replaced him with a regular person in a costume. Another thing that went downhill was that a rainbow used to appear over the audience at the end of the show, but they did away with that. So, as much as I really liked the show I think it was its time to go. I just think what they decided to replace it with was just sad.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad