Votes: 0 0.0%
  • new trains on alpengeist

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • new trains on both

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • no new trains at all

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
Considering the fact that banshee and valravn has these new trains. We know it is possible for griffon and alpengeist could get these new trains if BGW so desired. So I would like to know, do you think it would be a good idea to get these new trains and do you think that BGW will actually do this at some point.

RE: 2nd gen. B&M trains

*(This is my post that I have moved from the valravn forum with a few tweaks.)
I think that new trains on alpengeist would be great. It would improve the ride experience greatly and they could market it like six flags did with the the new revolution. Even if BG would have to do some modications to the near miss buildings and such

I don't think it is likely. These new style trains are wider than the old trains and the ride envelope was designed for the type of trains that are already on these coasters. That is why Rougarou opened with the older foam molded OTSR as they are of similar size to the previous stand-up trains.

We might see these new restraints show up on the reimagined Hulk coaster in Orlando as the ride is getting replaced with an entirely new coaster.

Reactions: SWStevo

Do Alpengeist or Griffon really need an improved ride experience? Alpengeist may be a bit bouncy but it's far from rough, and Griffon is as smooth as glass. I can't see many people noticing a major change in the experience... certainly not enough to justify the millions of dollars it would cost.

To paraphrase one of my favorite movies, some of you are so preoccupied with whether you could that you don't stop to think if you should.

Lets pretend that ride envelope isn't a problem for just a second. If the park(s) could put these new trains on older coasters I don't see a return on investment. Its not going to create a new and interesting ride experience. The only exception is converting stand-up coasters to sitting coasters IMO.

Reactions: SWStevo and MAZ

I think it would certainly help with the head banging on the cobra roll and the pre-mcbr transition on alpengiest. Also it would make the ride feel more open.

Reactions: SWStevo

For what it is worth, none of my friends liked the restraints on Banshee. They aren't terrible, but they are really tight and press down on your shoulders. They reminded me a bit of the restraints on the Stitch attraction at Disney. And for context, the really skinny people found them super-tight and uncomfortable.

So I certainly wouldn't advocate installing them on Alpie.

I don't get headbang in Alpens's cobra roll. But I will only ride in the front seat. I would imagine it gets pretty whippy towards the back. Even then, I just put my head forward through the restraint and there's nothing for it to hit.

Reactions: Eric and SWStevo

Ok, maybe putting new trains wouldnt be the best option(especially according to the poll)but I just want to say that BGW could put in new trains on one or both B&M's and in my opinion, i think it would be a better ride but then again, I am basing this off the fact that I thought the restraints on gatekeeper were a lot better than the original, but maybe that was just because it was my first ride at cedar point and I was really excited. Also, from what I heard, a lot of people like the restraints of banshee.

BGW could do pretty much anything "if they wanted to". That doesn't mean they should.

Heck, they could build some crappy cloned Premier coaster and plop it next to Apollo's Chariot "if they wanted to."

Oh wait.

Your right, I guess I wasnt thinking about it in that way. But anyways, the posts i made are just my opinion on the subject.

I don't think BGW needs new restraints on Alpengeist. The only one spot I've ever had issue with on the ride is the entry right into the midcourse and I always brace myself for that part. I rode Banshee earlier this year and while I didn't have a problem with the restraint my 6'5" friend hated them. He felt it was uncomfortable on his shoulders and collarbone.

Gavin said:
Alpiengiest just needs bigger restraints, the "big boy" seats really don't give you that much more room.

Gavin if your words above came true you would be my husbands hero! lol. He just cant do alpengeist with his size.

For what it's worth, Great Bear at Hershey Park has much narrower seats than Alpengeist, and it's also a B&M inverted coaster. I know that's hard to believe. Alpengeist just needs overall improvements, but I don't want the new trains. This year has been a bad year for all roller coasters except for Loch Ness Monster and Tempesto.

Reactions: Peej1212

I guess new trains on Alpengeist would be nice, but I also don't quiet think that would be a pretty penny the park would be willing to spend.

SWStevo said:
I guess new trains on Alpengeist would be nice, but I also don't quiet think that would be a pretty penny the park would be willing to spend.

This!

Unless the trains drastically improve the ride experience and boost the gate attendance, the company won't spend a dime on them. B&M trains are super expensive. When the park bought Apollo's Chariot in 1998, they paid $600K for each train. The price has definitely jumped a lot since then.

I don't think Alpengeist could be able to run the new trains AT ALL. Having ridden Banshee myself, you can easily tell that the new trains are very wide. So wide, I would say they wouldn't fit the clearance envelope of the current trains. Sure, it would be nice to see them, I just don't think it could happen. (Plus that would be in the $3m range for new trains)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad