Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
First off, disclaimer: This is probably still sorta early in the planning process and, as such, it's likely still very much in flux.

That said, I have seen a tidbit of evidence showing that SeaWorld San Diego is already planning another coaster. It's my impression that this is the next thing in the pipeline past the Wild Arctic Intamin Family Multi-Launch that's coming in 2023. There's still very much a chance at this point that it could be pushed off a little further and a smaller project could appear in the meantime.

Anyway, just something to keep an eye on. The main story here is probably that SWSD's recent, aggressive pace of expansion seems likely to continue.

Last edited:

Coasterguy95

Intimidator 305 enjoyer, I make yt vids, watch em!
Jul 6, 2022
www.youtube.com
First off, disclaimer: This is probably still sorta early in the planning process and, as such, it's likely still very much in flux.

That said, I have seen a tidbit of evidence showing that SeaWorld San Diego is already planning another coaster. It's my impression that this is the next thing in the pipeline past the Wild Arctic Intamin Family Multi-Launch that's coming in 2023. There's still very much a chance at this point that it could be pushed off a little further and a smaller project could appear in the meantime.

Anyway, just something to keep an eye on. The main story here is probably that SWSD's recent, aggressive pace of expansion seems likely to continue.
Watch them crumble like six flags if they keep doing this
Could happen,im just throwing it out there

Reactions: panopticon31

Lori Marie Loud

Now Look What Mistakes Were Made
Dec 6, 2021

Another one? My word! Any hints on where this one might be going?

Apr 14, 2022
Given the amount of launch coasters this park has, I have to think they'd want to gun for another lift hill based coaster, but this feels really weird to see it happen in succession.

Would've honestly of wondered if SWSD would've done an update to their kids land next.

Jul 14, 2019
Given the amount of launch coasters this park has, I have to think they'd want to gun for another lift hill based coaster, but this feels really weird to see it happen in succession.

Would've honestly of wondered if SWSD would've done an update to their kids land next.
Isn't this because of height restrictions? I thought they had to get a waiver for Emperor

Reactions: Mwe BGW
Mar 8, 2022
Martinsburg, WV
twitter.com
Watch them crumble like six flags if they keep doing this
Could happen,im just throwing it out there
Shockingly they are still WAY below the level that Six Flags was back in the day when they killed Astroland and Geauga Lake. They also don't have the insanely cheap pricing that SF had back then. OTOH I still think SEAS' current pricing is not going to be sustainable and they may still end up with the same problem. Cedar Fair and Palace seem to be the only chains right now with any sanity on optimal pricing mixed with optimal investments.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Apr 29, 2011
Isn't this because of height restrictions? I thought they had to get a waiver for Emperor

The have a 30-foot coastal height restriction in that area however the park is allowed to build attractions up to 160-ft tall.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad