SeaWorld Calls it Quits on Orlando Call Center

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Feb 3, 2019
I don't think it's racist for one to say that it's difficult to understand accents; especially because accents don't necessarily have anything to do with race. For instance, it can be just as hard to understand someone from Louisiana with a thick Cajun accent as it is to understand a non-native English speaker in a foreign country.

Many call centers have taken steps to address this by providing employees with 'accent elimination' courses.

It can be difficult to understand accents; that is simply a fact. By saying that, you are not demeaning these workers or implying they are less valuable as people.

Last edited:
Reactions: LudwigII
Feb 14, 2019
Kind of surprised in both that this hasn't happened earlier and that this is when they decided to head that direction.

Apr 29, 2011
This outsourcing has been going on. I had to call them last month and update my credit card info for my EZ Pay because the site wasn't working (go figure) and I spoke to someone in Jamaica.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole

lce

Hard, Hard Times
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
Frederick, MD
Only thing I can imagine benefiting the poor info flow is the fact that the company they are outsourcing this to may have stricter policies on what needs to be provided to them by clients (in this case, SEAS) to ensure smooth operations.

But that may be a stretch.

Reactions: Zachary

phurst

Silver Donor
Mar 16, 2016
Richmond, VA
Well, this is unfortunate. I know, I know, centralized customer service was notorious for giving inaccurate information, but several times I had to call and got EXTREMELY helpful CSRs. I'd guess people working directly for SEAS probably had a little more latitude to fix problems than any 3rd party will, regardless of where they are based.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad