Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Sep 29, 2009
Link from SeaWorld Cares

While I understand that this is a serious plight, it couldn't have come at a worse time for both parties involved. As I am writing this post, Japan is continuing to have aftershocks from a severe earthquake. I wonder if SeaWorld and HSUS should take a quieter approach as our country "stands by Japan".

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I kinda disagree. Yes, we should all support the people in Japan, who are suffering because of the natural disaster. I do not believe, however, that we also have to ignore that the Japanese government isn't enforcing whaling agreements. The fact that humans are suffering doesn't mean that we should stop trying to protect sea mammals.

Apr 5, 2011
I don't know. I feel that no matter what SeaWorld does at this point will be heavily misconstrued on purpose because they're such an easy target and have lost the culture war already. If the earthquake hadn't happened, people would probably still attack SW for being insensitive to Japanese culture (which, unfortunately, is a real issue when it comes to whaling in Japan) or something along those lines. People already think that that their conservation and rescue groups are only PR fronts and don't actually help animals.

The Hessian

MSG. Co. E, Cherokee Regiment of Rifles.
Nov 30, 2015
Saluda, Virginia
While I'm all for the end to the suffering of animals in particular the ones at the hands of the Japanese Whaling Industry (seen some brutal shit in documentaries, its not pretty) doesn't this seem like the wrong time for this. In my opinion Seaworld should of waited at least a few more months before jumping on the anti whaling campaign which has been going on for at least a decade by this point. There is a time and place for this and now is not the right time

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad