Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Eric said:
Also, I hope the park is still shaped like Shamu lol Ike the one that was originally planned for Dubai, because that would be pretty cool.

I doubt that will happen.  The original planned SeaWorld for Dubai was going to be on an island built on the far end of the Palm Jebel Ali, which is one of the artificial archipelagos constructed off the coast.  That island was also gonna house a Busch Gardens, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.  Abu Dhabi has built smaller artificial islands but nothing on the scale of the archipelagos of the Dubai Palm Islands.

Also, this will be the first SeaWorld park to not house any orcas so it would be pointless to have it shaped like one.

Here's a photo of the SeaWorld Parks Dubai project that was planned for Dubai.
seaworld_dubai.jpg

seaworld_jebel_ali.jpg

Reactions: Eric
I'm just surprised that even with the cut backs they've made to their entire organization that this is still a viable option.

The Hessian said:
I'm just surprised that even with the cut backs they've made to their entire organization that this is still a viable option.

Miral Asset Management out of Abu Dhabi is bringing them in and financing the project. They own Ferrari World and are also building the Warner Brothers Theme Park there.

That is actually very often how things are done in UAE. Jebel Ali is a "free zone" so anyone can build a business there, that is how Dubai has made itself so wealthy. However Abu Dhabi is not, you have to have a local business (e.g. Prince) own the business and thus sponsor you. SEAS would not have been able to build on their own. This local quirk is what make Jebel Ali so valuable in the Gulf.

Reactions: Pat and Jonathan S
Psyduck said:
According to The Associated Press SWP&E isn't going to be operating the park at all. Rather Miral is licensing the brand from SWP&E and its expertise. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Well this is different considering this park doesn't have anything to do with animals but, Tokyo Disney is run by The Oriental Trading Company and Disney has creative control and considered by many to be the best Disney property.

In all honesty, I'm estatic for this park. I never thought SeaWorld was going to actually build a property in Abu Dhabi as the previous giant project didn't really get past the concept phase. It'll be interesting to see how this kind of attraction without orcas goes outside of the US considering Blackfish mainly attacked how SeaWorld treats the orcas.

Well investors should be happy on this news. Stocks have gone up over the day yesterday but are slightly down today. However this announcement took the company from a $1.3B valuation to $1.7. Not too shabby.

From the photos, it looks like either a B&M invert or flyer. I could be 100% wrong due to it being a low-res concept art, but both of those are perfect options for this park, IMO- as far as I know, neither of those rides exist in Dubai.

Reactions: John tibby
From the photos, it looks like either a B&M invert or flyer. I could be 100% wrong due to it being a low-res concept art, but both of those are perfect options for this park, IMO- as far as I know, neither of those rides exist in Dubai.
You could put basically anything that’s not an Intamin and have it be unique to Dubai

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
could this concept by what the vertical transfer lift by referring to

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad