Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
So I noticed this posted to the park’s Instagram story today:
032006F5-B2DF-444C-85D3-448DFF67613A.png

Wait... what? Unlimited summer and fall visits in 2020 and 2021?! That has to be a mistake... right?

IRideCoasters

Silver Donor
Aug 16, 2019
I think all the doom and gloom surrounding KD is way way overblown, but a deal like that isn't something you do when things are going well.

Nibbins

Resident Rat
Sep 3, 2019
VA Beach
I was considering buying a season pass for KD this year for myself and 2 of my kids.

I am a bit confused that the add for the gold pass says its good for the Haunt and Winterfest, but that there is no specific reference to that on the page to purchase the pass. Their schedule for this year doesn't seem to indicate that they are even open in fall at all yet.
Should I be worried?

Also, does anyone know what the chances of the price going up or down before the park opens are? Are the current $89 fairly normal?

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
I was considering buying a season pass for KD this year for myself and 2 of my kids.

I am a bit confused that the add for the gold pass says its good for the Haunt and Winterfest, but that there is no specific reference to that on the page to purchase the pass. Their schedule for this year doesn't seem to indicate that they are even open in fall at all yet.
Should I be worried?

Also, does anyone know what the chances of the price going up or down before the park opens are? Are the current $89 fairly normal?

The gold pass definitely includes Haunt and Winterfest. Here's what it says on the park's homepage:
1617047524470.png

$89 is a fairly normal price for the gold pass. Prices usually go up, not down, as time goes on, so I would buy now rather than wait.

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA

Should I be worried?

Historically, the prices go up throughout the year, as park opening approaches. I'm not sure that past precedent should really be applied to anything this year, however.

Last January, they were offering Gold Passes for $112, but that was pre-COVID. Apparently, when I renewed in the Fall of 2019, I was paying $99.

The question of whether they will decide to host Haunt and Winterfest is a good one, since on-line the calendar currently ends in September. They did have Taste of the Season this past holiday season, despite not being open for anything else. Moreover, @RollyCoaster, who has a good track record has told us that the park is expected to be open for both:

Last edited:

horsesboy

professional Pantheon observer
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013

Should I be worried?

KD doesn't usually finalize and release their fall sedchule till about July or August. Winterfesr hasn't been going on long enough for me to remember when it's usually released but it wouldn't be till after the fall one is out so barring something changing unexpectedly on the virus front you should be good.

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
KD doesn't usually finalize and release their fall sedchule till about July or August. Winterfesr hasn't been going on long enough for me to remember when it's usually released but it wouldn't be till after the fall one is out so barring something changing unexpectedly on the virus front you should be good.

From looking at past WinterFest threads, it looks like KD released the schedule towards the end of July in 2018 and at the beginning of September in 2019. Usually Haunt schedules are released much earlier towards the beginning of the summer. For 2021, my assumption is that we will see both Haunt and WinterFest schedules be released at the same time around late-July or the beginning of August, if not earlier.

Nov 30, 2018
The gold pass definitely includes Haunt and Winterfest. Here's what it says on the park's homepage:
View attachment 22621

$89 is a fairly normal price for the gold pass. Prices usually go up, not down, as time goes on, so I would buy now rather than wait.
$89 is the lowest price I can remember in years, even for early renewal, which says a bit about how the park is doing in general.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Also the shortest season in years which goes hand in hand with why many of us that paid full price for 2020 passes feel a little screwed.

As we discussed before, when you factor in the added days with Taste of the Season, the number of days in 2021 + TOTS is just about equal to previous seasons.

Reactions: The Quist
Nov 30, 2018
As we discussed before, when you factor in the added days with Taste of the Season, the number of days in 2021 + TOTS is just about equal to previous seasons.
Taste of the Season as a free/cheap preview type event was ok, but it’s nowhere close to any typical operating day in terms of value.

Reactions: The Quist

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
Taste of the Season as a free/cheap preview type event was ok, but it’s nowhere close to any typical operating day in terms of value.

Would you argue the same about BGW's Coasters & Craft Brews, Winter Weekends, etc.? We've had this conversation before.

Nov 30, 2018
Would you argue the same about BGW's Coasters & Craft Brews, Winter Weekends, etc.? We've had this conversation before.
I’d say the same about the early BGW events as well. Value wise they are worth maybe 20-30% of what a normal day is worth. That’s not bad considering the conditions they are operating in, but they certainly aren’t close to full value. I would say that BGW is getting closer to full value, maybe 50-60%, but they still have a ways to get back.

Mar 18, 2017
^^-- a visit today makes me appreciate the 1000 person limit. It was meager on stuff to do, but not that different from now, and you could go Halloween night and not worry about crowds, if you got a reservation.

Back to KD, their website front page does claim Haunt and Winterfest (and Carnivale), some CF parks don't.

May 3, 2011
Richmond, Va
If you have a pass from 2020 that are on a payment plan. Check your payments I am hearing multiple people saying that charges went live today and that they are not being charged correctly in some cases by BIG amounts

I got an email saying my payment declined. So I updated my card # and got charged a crazy amount immediately. Guess I should have waited...

Over a month later and the park hasn't resumed payments yet. I'm wondering if this is why I am not getting the passholder emails (I honestly could have unsubscribed from them and I just don't remember). Anyone else having this issue that was apart of the overcharge system glitch?

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
Update: I got curious and logged into my account. I noticed that I needed to opt in again to email notifications. I’m not sure why or when that happened. I do know the last time I received anything from the park, however, was for Taste of the Season.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad