Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest X-Pert
Jul 26, 2014
This isn't exactly Kings Dominion's 2019 announcement but I think it is noteworthy that KD is starting their Season Pass Locker Rental system for the 2019 season. Sucks that it's not going to be transferable and you can only use one a day. The price is $99, which I think is a bit insane.

39346952_10156493182378516_1287805485113671680_n.jpg

$100?! I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck.

I can pay like... $30 for unlimited drinks all season long... but they expect me to pay MORE THAN THREE TIMES that much to have a place to put my cell phone on three rides?! Hell, this is like... almost the price of all season dining. Fuck this noise.

Last edited:
I split this discussion out into its own thread because, frankly, Kings Dominion deserves to have fire and brimstone rained down upon them for this move.

PS: I've actually been told that KD plans to expand the locker requirements in the future like @Gavin hinted at.

In case I didn't already make this clear... Fuck this noise.

Moved this message from Project 2019 to here (I posted it before I realized @Zachary moved this conversation).

While I do think the price of this is really dumb, I will defend the park ONLY because that seems to be the lowest price of the season pass locker rental for most Cedar Fair parks with lockers. For example, California's Great America, Dorney Park, KIngs Island, and Worlds of Fun all have their season-long locker rental program price at $99. Knott's Berry Farm actually has theirs at $115. I'm sure more parks will be adding the option soon and they'll likely be at the $99 price.

So you can do a daily movable locker down the road, for what $5(?), and you think it’s smart to one time charge 20x that and make it stay?

So this means if I got this, and I got a locker in Soak City; decide to ride something that now has it (for absurdity reasons I’m picking Dominator), I’ve got to walk all the way back to SC, put it all in the locker (including wallet and phone), walk all the way up to Dominator, wait in line, walk all the way back to SC?

And after walking around I realize I305 has a short line, so I would have to walk all the way back to SC, drop that stuff off, and walk back?

The only slight defence I can give is to wonder if this includes the more expensive lockers st soak city? If so this is SLIGHTLY less of a rip off. If not then this is lunacy and there should be a mob armed with torches and pitch forks at the park to explain the stupidity of it to therm.

They should have been there day one.

I'm going to be blunt here. Despite TT being a great coaster, I find myself thinking about the lockers every time I am considering KD. The thought of having to deal with the sloppy way they handle the lockers convinced me not to go on multiple occasions and this news just makes it so much worse.

Apologies for the double post, but this locker plan just got so much worse in my view now that I've had a chance to read the fine print.

By Adding Season Pass Locker Rental to your Season Pass, you will enjoy all of the benefits of being a 2019 Season Passholder, plus enjoy use of 1 Standard size locker every day that you visit. Season Pass Locker Rentals added to a Kings Dominion Season Pass are only valid at Kings Dominion.

Season Pass Locker Rentals added to a Season Pass are only valid for redemption exclusively by the registered Passholder. Once the Season Pass Locker Rentals has been linked to a Season Pass, it is non-transferable. In order for benefits to be redeemed, the Season Pass must be used for admission on the same date.

This means that the lockers you get aren't the small ones at the rides, this is for the lockers at the front of the park. This says to me that they want to charge this price and still charge people for ride lockers for the cell phone ban because who wants to walk to the other side of the park to access their locker for a single ride.

Apologies for the double post, but this locker plan just got so much worse in my view now that I've had a chance to read the fine print.

This means that the lockers you get aren't the small ones at the rides, this is for the lockers at the front of the park. This says to me that they want to charge this price and still charge people for ride lockers for the cell phone ban because who wants to walk to the other side of the park to access their locker for a single ride.
If I remember correctly the ride lockers were called standard size to.

So still only one of them a day...at a park with zero transport rides and a strict loose article/cell phone policy.

The one a day thing is what bothers me the most.

So first off CF is straight up stealing from me by putting a riding tax on TT, I305, and I can’t remember the last one.

Now on top of that they want me to buy a $100 pass that I can’t use for that sole purpose.

Sorry CF. I don’t think I’m getting a KD pass this year. Thieving assholes.

Twisted Timbers, Intimidator 305, and Flight of Fear are the attractions that currently require lockers. I've been told that Dominator and Volcano are both likely being added to that list soon.

If they had a movable locker that I could rent for $5 or so a day, this would all be a non-issue. That said, they seem set on screwing their customers every step of the way on this whole locker thing.

The one a day thing is what bothers me the most.

So first off CF is straight up stealing from me by putting a riding tax on TT, I305, and I can’t remember the last one.

Now on top of that they want me to buy a $100 pass that I can’t use for that sole purpose.

Sorry CF. I don’t think I’m getting a KD pass this year. Thieving assholes.

The last ride is Flight of Fear. I agree with @Zachary; I wouldn't be surprised if this was going to be the case for Volcano (if it ever reopens....) and Dominator in 2019. I see an eventual phasing-out of the article bins completely in a few seasons. I don't blame the park for bringing in lockers because of articles being stolen from these bins so often. I just wish Cedar Fair would deal with the policies in a better fashion.

Geez, it's almost RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 "Charge for both gate and rides" at this point.

Reactions: horsesboy
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad