Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Let's all be grateful that Cedar Fair does not charge extra for Haunt mazes like Six Flags does... that would be a deal-breaker for me.

The last ride is Flight of Fear. I agree with @Zachary; I wouldn't be surprised if this was going to be the case for Volcano (if it ever reopens....) and Dominator in 2019. I see an eventual phasing-out of the article bins completely in a few seasons. I don't blame the park for bringing in lockers because of articles being stolen from these bins so often. I just wish Cedar Fair would deal with the policies in a better fashion.

And that’s fine...it’s the not being able to move the locker PLUS strict policy on no loose articles. Just don’t make me continually trek across the park with nothing in hand or pay more for the convenience of getting to my wallet and phone quickly.

Apologies for the double post, but this locker plan just got so much worse in my view now that I've had a chance to read the fine print.

This means that the lockers you get aren't the small ones at the rides, this is for the lockers at the front of the park. This says to me that they want to charge this price and still charge people for ride lockers for the cell phone ban because who wants to walk to the other side of the park to access their locker for a single ride.
If I remember correctly the ride lockers were called standard size to.
They just updated the subtext under it stating that ride lockers are not included.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicole and Zachary
They just updated the subtext under it stating that ride lockers are not included.
Then what the heck is the point. This almost seems like a bait and switch scheme to get people buy it thinking that its one thing and then go nope you really bought this instead. Maybe I will stick to just SFA and BGW next year and not get harrassed.

I can't help myself. I try to be positive about most things and most people. But.....I have to call the park out here. This is incredibly stupid. The whole idea. All stupid. WoW! I can't believe that there are people running this park that think this is a 'good' idea. Sheesh.

Then what the heck is the point. This almost seems like a bait and switch scheme to get people buy it thinking that its one thing and then go nope you really bought this instead. Maybe I will stick to just SFA and BGW next year and not get harrassed.

Pretty much.

I firmly believe this was a Cedar Fair corporate decision and KD had next to no say on the issue other than which rides to test it on. It sucks to see this happening, especially at a time where Cedar Fair’s numbers have been either stagnant or declining. WinterFest better be a huge hit moneywise.

While Six Flags seems to be weird and is putting free lockers in their membership rewards program, I feel Cedar Fair could've shut up the entire enthusiast community by just including free lockers with the Season Passes.

Reactions: Zachary
Lockers make sense on FoF. TT is understandable as well but they really should be free. Not allowing guests to even bring water with them on i305, when, iirc they originally had bins on that ride is ludicrous. Correct me if I'm wrong on 305

Reactions: Pretzel Kaiser
lockers make sense on FoF. TT is understandable as well but they really should be free. Not allowing guests to even bring water with them on i305, when, iirc they originally had bins on that ride is ludicrous. Correct me if I'm wrong on 305

i305 had bins. Current rumor is Dominator is going to be getting lockers next year.

I've mentioned this before, but the fact that you can't bring in drinks in the line is borderline dangerous for guests. Over an hour in the heat crampt in lines has a real potential for heat stroke. Summers are getting hotter and KD isn't known for its shade.

You can bring a drink though the line. Granted it must be consumed before boarding (where it then needs to be thrown away), but it is certainly allowed through the entrance.

Same applies to food. I've brought both on numerous occasions.

Unfortunately that only goes for disposable drinks, souvenir cups are considered a loose article and still have to be placed in a locker.

Let's say you have the drink plan:

If you choose the disposable cup option, you can bring it into line, but the size of the cup is so small it won't last you 10 minutes in the heat. If you want something that will last you, you have to pay for a large.

If you choose the bottle, you're fucked and still have to pay for a large drino to last you.

Both are terrible options.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad