Season Long Fast Pass!

Login or Register to Hide This Ad

Joe

#RIPVolcano
Feb 12, 2011
Near Richmond
BuschDominion.com
That's a mind-blowingly low price. I'm not sure if I want this just because I visit enough that waiting in lines isn't a big deal for me, but for someone who visits a handful of times per year but not regularly, this is one of the best deals I've ever seen come from the park.

Also, don't forget the ridiculously high price of a regular one-day Fast Lane pass. This thing costs less than two daily passes.

From a business perspective, this is brilliant. It has people like me, a regular visitor who never pays for a one-day fast pass, considering giving them $115 that I otherwise wouldn't spend.

Apr 5, 2011
They just confirmed than supplies are limited on Facebook. I just picked one up, I wonder if my HSA will reimburse me. :p

Reactions: jornor
Feb 14, 2017
I'm not sure how much I'm going to get down there but I'm really debating get this. I'm about 4 hours away but even if I only go 3 times that 38 bucks a trip. I can't believe they are this cheap. I know attendance is a lot higher at great adventure but they are charging 399 for their version.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Feb 14, 2017
RollyCoaster said:
Unless all 3 trips are taking place on a Saturday then I probably wouldn't get it, but even on Saturdays the waits are tolerable untill approximately 12:00-1:00 when crowds become noticeably larger. Riding Volcano and Flight Of Fear right when you get to the park could save you quite a bit of money. Going later in the day is a completely different story, however. If you're not in a rush to get to the park then I would absolutely take advantage of the offer. Even only if you're going 3 times, it will still save you the missery of Volcanos full Queue.
I plan on combining some of the trips with Busch Gardens so a Saturday at KD with the fast pass and going to Busch Gardens on a Sunday might be the way to go. I wonder how many of these they are going to sell.

Reactions: jornor
Apr 26, 2016
Decided to get KD season passes this year and had to pick one up. Probably will end up going 6-8 times or so, but now it'll be easy to justify going on a Saturday with this thing. Hopefully they don't have too many available or it will make the system worthless. But to test it out for a season is certainly worth it at that price point.

Reactions: jornor and Zachary
Nov 5, 2009
I prefer BG's method of doing this. From a business perspective having to artificially limit the number of passes makes no sense. Either there will be way too many, or the first buyers will get a great deal I suppose.

Gavin

Who, me?
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Spotsylvania, Virginia
What's crazy is that KD doesn't have the cheapest season long Fastlane, that would be both California's Great America and VallyFair. I made a chart of the pricing at all Cedar Fair Parks below.

Carowinds has sold out, but was previously $125. It seems to me that Cedar Fair is leaving money on the table with these prices.

Apr 29, 2011
Gavin said:
Not surprised they didn't offer this for the four most visited parks in the chain.  They could've charged an arm and a leg for them at KBF, CW, CP and KI and the locals still would've gobbled them up in a split second leaving the ones who weren't able to get them in a state of uproar.

Feb 14, 2017
I ended up purchasing the fast lane plus pass. This is my first year with a cedar fair platinum pass as well as a Busch Gardens platinum pass so I want to take advantage of it.

I'm about 4 to 4 and half hours from kings Dominion but my thinking on the fast lane plus pass is that now instead of driving down Friday night and paying for a hotel that night I can just wake up and leave at a reasonable hour on Saturday and show up whenever and not worry about lines. Then I'll go to Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Sunday and head home that night. If I do this trip a few times I already save a decent amount of money by not paying for a hotel Friday night.

The last time I did this trip I did Busch on Saturday and Kings on a Sunday. I found that Busch was really crowded so I'm hoping that it ends up being a bit less crowded on Sundays. I'll have to drive an extra hour home on Sunday since Busch is farther but if the crowds are less than it is well worth it.

I am curious to see if they end up raising the prices for this next year though if enough people are taking advantage of this. I'm not very far from Dorney but unless you're going to the water park all the time the fast lane plus isn't needed on the rides side.

Apr 29, 2011
My friend went to the park today and told me a bunch of people tried to buy it and were told they were no longer available.

At most, he waited a few minutes to use his on Volcano (regular line was over an hour). Everything else was a walk-on. He did say he wished the pass worked for the food places as they were ridiculously long and slow.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond
Nothing was walk on after 3:00. Avalanche, scrambler, Woodstock, bad Apple, ricochet, all were completely busting out of their queue into the walkway. Rebel yell was around two corners on both sides up the ramp and took us over a half hour to get on. Man they really did a good job freshening that one up! It was riding great!

Apr 29, 2011
MAZ said:
Nothing was walk on after 3:00. Avalanche, scrambler, Woodstock, bad Apple, ricochet, all were completely busting out of their queue into the walkway. Rebel yell was around two corners on both sides up the ramp and took us over a half hour to get on. Man they really did a good job freshening that one up! It was riding great!
I was referring to my friend's use of his fast lane pass. The only time he waited using fast lane was for Volcano. On all the other rides he went on today, the fast lane was a walk on. He did leave the park by 4 as his girlfriend had to go to work.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad