News SEAS Outsourcing Carnival Games

Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Jun 6, 2013
I hate layoffs, but this makes sense to me. I wonder if BGW will be changed when it opens back up?

Sep 24, 2018
BGW is not changing this year from what I understand. The reason why is not clear but from what I understand BGW has long had the best performing games department in the company.

San Antonio is currently closed and is making the change so if BGW were changing then they would have announced that

Feb 3, 2019
I have never been to any of the aforementioned parks; and have a general disinterest in carnival games.

But I'm curious. Can anyone tell me what does BGW do differently than the other parks?

Nothing at BGW has really stood out to me as either 'oh hey, I've never seen that game' or 'oh hey, that's really innovative'. I see the usual carnival games. Ball toss, ring toss, etc etc that you see at every carnival.

Is it just the market that makes BGW perform better? What does that say about Virginia?

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Newport News, VA
twitter.com
But I'm curious. Can anyone tell me what does BGW do differently than the other parks?
I don't know if our normal games do better than the normal games at other parks—but I do know that the soccer game and the recently-added hanging game in Oktoberfest have seemed to be humongous hits.

Compared to SWO and BGT, I think BGW's games are a lot more prominent on average. BGW also has the advantage of having a bunch of strip mall style game setups where on light days, they only need one person to run a whole area—I don't think I've seen this level of game consolidation at SWO or BGT.

Aug 23, 2017
I don't know if our normal games do better than the normal games at other parks—but I do know that the soccer game and the recently-added hanging game in Oktoberfest have seemed to be humongous hits.

Compared to SWO and BGT, I think BGW's games are a lot more prominent on average. BGW also has the advantage of having a bunch of strip mall style game setups where on light days, they only need one person to run a whole area—I don't think I've seen this level of game consolidation at SWO or BGT.
True for SWO. Pantopia is our ocktoberfest though. The other games( 3point, hanging etc are over near gwazi)

Sep 24, 2018
Yeah BGW does have several advantages to the other parks. Like @Zachary days there are a number of games where BGW can only have one attendant running multiple on slower day. It's been so long since I've been to SWSD and SWSA that I can't remember how their games areas are set up. But generally speaking the games areas at every park but BGW are also a significantly smaller operation. IIRC both BGT and SWO games location combined equal the number BGW has. That can be a significant factor in how profitable they are compared to other parks. BGW is also in a much more visible location. You have to walk past the strip of games at some point. At BGT you don't have to walk past the games. You can simply walk around it in pantopia. True that outside of Gwazi are some larger games that you have to walk past but it's still easy to miss them compared to BGW.

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
BGW also has the benefit of having two carnival-themed areas where the games are a prominent part of the design. I haven’t been to BGT in a while, but at SWO I felt like the games were more subtle and blended in.

Jul 18, 2015
Orlando fl.
SWO just last year actually corralled a whole bunch of games into what was originally Wild Arctic's extented and (part of) regular queue line. As for pretty much all the other games there, you can find them sporadically around Manta/Dolphin theater and one near Mako and Kraken.

Reactions: Zachary
Login or Register to Hide This Ad