Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Dec 28, 2011
What is Scott Gasparich's background and story? When did he join BGW? What did he do before BGW? What are his hits and misses?

Alpenghöst said:
I heard a rumor that Scott uses the crushed hopes and dreams of the members of BGWFans as a sort of metaphysical fuel in order to live forever.

Does that mean he'll be at Busch Gardens forever?

It's actually pretty impressive that he went from stage manager to one of the most important executives in the park in only 9 years. Kudos to him. I think his HOS and CT offerings are great and I liked the intention of Illuminights and Entwined, but they're a little off the mark of what you'd expect from Seaworld Parks. Celtic Fyre was a great addition though and should be one of the high points of his career here.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&cad=rja&ved=0CFkQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fnote.php%3Fnote_id%3D175273581478&ei=1hm1UPG-Oc2F0QHJ4oDgCg&usg=AFQjCNHPzKTPVmZ4XWNGWei04GImKhd6Iw&sig2=mAfNgfaOG5Nuk_H2rNQnkA

I thought this was pretty interesting,

While Christmas Town is not intended as a religious event, we will not hesitate to incorporate religious references where appropriate.

In my opinion, this is one of the reasons why the event is such a big hit. People are just tired of the Happy Holidays thing, I guess Scott got that part right.

EDIT: IF anyone else is interested in short biographies of other BGW Executives, check out this link here: http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com/Site/AssetManagement/Assets/WIP/WC/WC%20EXEC%20BIOS%202011.pdf

P.S. This is a great way to match the HOS monsters vs the actual executives.

From the Executive shuffle thread:
Zachary said:
It's worth noting that, from what I understand, Celtic Fyre was already deep into production when Scott took over.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Is this the only positive thing anyone has to say about "his work"? If all other shows since then were flops, that is a bad reflection on his shows.
If I understand correctly, most of the Howl-O-Scream and Christmas town shows this year were mainly the work of others, such as Phil Raybourn.
Personally, I think he would be better off just being in charge of the decor for Christmas Town. We all know how he loves to throw random glitter and lights on everything. I think that job would suit him down to the ground.
The only problem is, I don't think he could handle Howl-O-Scream himself. So this means he couldn't just swap positions with Phil Raybourn. This is really a tougher situation than you can imagine.

CastleOSullivan said:
If I understand correctly, most of the Howl-O-Scream and Christmas town shows this year were mainly the work of others, such as Phil Raybourn.

I hope that's not the case. I've always thought that Scott has a very specific style and that style can be molded into a good Howl-O-Scream or Christmas Town show but clashes terribly with the normal theme of the park. If he wasn't the driving force behind this year's Howl-O-Scream or Christmas Town shows, he really hasn't had any true hits. :-/

It seems like for Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town this year he "took a break".
Remember Howl-O-Scream has had many bad shows that were under his rule. I know we would rather forget these shows, but remember the horrible "FrankenRock in the Festhaus", and the re-done Jack is Back? Those certainly weren't successful shows. They were very poorly executed just like some main-season shows such as Entwined. To me that is just sad.

Scott successfully created and grew Christmas Town to what it is now. The original shows for Christmas Town and all since this have been his work. Although, I am sure others may have played important roles in production but Scott gets the final word in everything Entertainment.

Reactions: Julia
Party Rocker said:
Scott successfully created and grew Christmas Town to what it is now. The original shows for Christmas Town and all since this have been his work. Although, I am sure others may have played important roles in production but Scott gets the final word in everything Entertainment.

That's where I think he should stay; Christmas Town decor, no shows. As far as the original CT shows though, they weren't all that great, remember Rejoice (the only one I really liked) was a blatant knock-off of something another group did. Maybe if he would take the time to create an entirely original show, he could do it.He keeps putting things off until the last minute. For example: Mix it Up, Entwined, and all of the Illuminights shows. All of these shows were put off much later than they usually are, and as a result, most of them were failures. I think they do have a good thing going with this new team though.

Party Rocker said:
Then-president John Reilly didn't relocate to SWSD until November of 2010; during his time at BGW, he was very hands-on and never hesitated to veto anything he saw as not fitting into the "big picture." If anyone had the final word on CT and in entertainment in 2009 (and leading up to CT 2010), it was Reilly.

Reactions: CastleOSullivan
Blackstone to Scott:

images

Reactions: Party Rocker
I can see Blackstone requesting to see him in HR personally just to tell him he had caused the park to loose so much profit and he is fired, lol

EDIT:

However my biggest fear is that if Scott left, would Howl-o-Scream reach its full potential and go to the extreme of being tailored for adults or will it flop and fail and turn into a kidsiderate event? Also, would Christmas Town be just as good or will it loose it's touch?

I am not sure what I prefer decent special events over regular entertainment or vice versa?

Zachary said:
Don't remember who said it originally but he just needs to be "promoted" to a new position: VP of Special Events.

THIS

Scott gets a lot more crap than he deserves. He does have a lot of talent, but everybody gives him crap because his talent doesn't fit what they view as "the normal season". He's really good at special events.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad