Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
One of our affiliates, BehindTheThrills, posted this:

[tweet=https://twitter.com/BehindThrills/status/351734348950675456]
Historically BtT hasn't been one to risk their reputation on a whim. Also, added to things we've heard and seen, I wouldn't rule it out.

RE: Rumor: Busch Parks to Be Sold Off?

Before you guys get your pitchforks and torches. Ouimet is an ex-Disney exec and the dude looooooooooooves themeing and dark rides, it certainly wouldn't be that bad of a deal. Although having Kings Dominion and BGW competing in similar market areas is highly reminiscent of Six Flags Ohio and Cedar Point...

Cody said:
They should sell it to Sam Adams!

A good idea, here.

Beer is critical to this place (and like I said, I don't have a dog in that fight). I wonder if there is any brewer out there who'd be interested.

Reactions: jornor and Julia

It would be nice is AB bought it back. I loved the brewery tour. The best thing to do in the rain or when it was really hot.

Reactions: jornor

IndyRacingNut said:
I say let AB buy the Busch Gardens parks back. Blackstone can keep the SeaWorld ones.

I'd rather have Cedar Fair running BGW than Inbev (who owns AB, and would be running the parks if they're bought).

^^^
Ahh, but what if the new buyers were to reach an agreement w/AB to reopen the brewery tour/hospitality center? Hmm?

I bet you'd be using that militia to get you first in line when that reopens, eh? hehe

b.mac said:
IndyRacingNut said:
I say let AB buy the Busch Gardens parks back. Blackstone can keep the SeaWorld ones.

I'd rather have Cedar Fair running BGW than Inbev (who owns AB, and would be running the parks if they're bought).
While I respect Cedar Fair for doing amazing things to Kings Dominion and really improving what used to be a train wreck of a park, that's not to say that same treatment would benefit a place like Busch Gardens.

Now that I think about it, the Busch Gardens parks are the most different from the other Seaworld parks...but that can't justify getting rid of them. Thankfully, rumors are called rumors for a reason. But seriously, this day... :dodgy:

Reactions: netdvn and Julia

J0E1 said:
While I respect Cedar Fair for doing amazing things to Kings Dominion and really improving what used to be a train wreck of a park, that's not to say that same treatment would benefit a place like Busch Gardens.

Allowing InBev to own the parks again is basically allowing the parks to commit suicide, at least Cedar Fair could salvage them and keep them around (and making money).

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad