Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2010
My first post. In the new Busch Gardens brochure I picked up Prime outlets it shows the NEW SHOW @ the Festhouse is called ROLL OUT THE BARREL. Copy reads 200 years of tradition is turned upside-down as BG rolls out this all-new show in the world-famous
Das Festhaus. Also Verbolten is on the cover.

RE: ROLL OUT THE BARREL

Do you happen to have, or can you take pictures of the brochure. If you have a scanner that would be awesome also, I haven't seen this years brochure yet.

Chris said:
Do you happen to have, or can you take pictures of the brochure. If you have a scanner that would be awesome also, I haven't seen this years brochure yet.

If you check out some other threads, I think it was posted somewhere else. I think it was actually posted a while back in the Verbolten thread.

EDIT: Pictures of the brochure are on page 139 of the Verbolten thread in the News forum.

Not bad but, I think it will be more German-y? That shows seemed a bit cowboy-ish to me fore some reason. It could be just the girls outfits though.

Party Rocker said:
Not bad but, I think it will be more German-y? That shows seemed a bit cowboy-ish to me fore some reason. It could be just the girls outfits though.

I thought so too, I was joking with that one. I just thought it was funny that you have this Czech singer singing a traditional Czech (made popular by the Germans) Polka, yet there is this absurd style, cowboy like you said, to it.

Perhaps this Perhaps like this?
or this
or better yet

Foud out today that there will be no more band for the festhouse or rising stage... :(

they also sang roll out the barrel in the festhaus show about 5+ years ago

ivybrit said:
the rising stage has been gone for some time now...

Well previously, we have only see a picture of the stage covered. I don't recall anything ever being confirmed that the stage was completely removed/replaced.
We knew something was happening but there was nothing solid though about what exactly was happening.

As for the changes to the stage and band, I think this could be interesting to see what they do. A live band is very traditional, but I am sure with the re-make of Oktoberfest they are not trying to be traditional. Last time I checked, when I visited Garmisch, Germany, nothing was a nice orange, or blue, or purple like the new paint styles they have. In fact, they had it more realistic before the re-make.

RE: Roll Out Tht Barrel (2012)

It was el confirmo weeks ago.... perhaps I forgot to share that with you rocker :p

Perhaps I just don't pay attention, either way now it is :p And hopefully we are all on the same page, lol, do we know where the new stage will be located or anything about it?

IF the no band rumor is true, What is happening to the Quality Busch used to have in their shows? There used to be a live band in both shows in Italy, (Holiday in Roma and Starlight Orchestra) and the excellent band in This is Oktoberfest. The element that makes Busch different and gets me to travel the 6 hours to the park multiple times each year is the Theming details, and quality of the shows including the live bands that few parks have anymore. I could deal with no rising stage, but keep the band.

^ My guess is it's a money issue. Perhaps keeping the bands just cost too much for the park so they cut back.

The park introduced roaming bands in Oktoberfest last summer. That's gotta make up for some of the loss in live music. If a Festa update is in the works, I'm hoping the park starts adding more of those small stages for roaming bands throughout the park.

I think roaming bands only works in Oktoberfest since the theme of Oktoberfest is the whole Oktoberfest celebration and such. If they do Festa, we are probably sure to see a traditional carnival come out.

there have always been roaming bands at the park...they have been canceled as years progress...expect to see that trend continue

It is funny though, the park seems to be removing live bands during their regular season, yet adding live music during Christmas Town. Maybe Christmas Town has a bigger budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad