Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011
New 3D show in the Action Theater for 2016: "Robinson Crusoe."
[instagram=https://www.instagram.com/p/BDLjEcMkQB7/]

Here's a trailer for the new film:

An online description of the movie reads:
As an accident-prone Robinson Crusoe tries to adapt to his new life as a castaway, the island’s animals are equally astonished to find this strange creature washed up on their shores. Crusoe meets an optimistic parrot named Tuesday; Carmelo the coolly sophisticated chameleon; and Scrubby the lazy goat. Joining the hilarious antics are Rosie the tapir; a teenage porcupine Epi and his pangolin buddy Pango; and an adorable kingfisher named Kiki.

I didn't get the chance to check out the new show, but it can't possibly be any worse than "The Lost World 3D." Ugh.

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
RE: Robinson Crusoe

I went in and watched it to get out of the cold it's a decent movie for the kids but if your a cat lover you might not enjoy how they are depicted.

MAZ

Jan 30, 2014
Richmond

I didn't get the chance to check out the new show, but it can't possibly be any worse than "The Lost World 3D." Ugh.

We share the same feelings on that thought. I was lucky enough that my Daughter didn't like it and I only had to see it once. I cringed at the idea that she would like it and ask to see it every visit. I look forward to a review on this new one.

Reactions: jornor and Mushroom

Mushroom

Getting aHEAD of myself
Advisory Panel
Feb 12, 2011

Saw the show yesterday. It was... cute, but definitely aimed towards children and their families. The team member working the theater told me he read the book Robinson Crusoe, and doesn't believe the film does the story justice. (Then again, what 13-minute animated film based on a book does?)

It was fairly entertaining, with a fun action sequence and excellent 3D effects. But I don't have a burning desire to see the film again. Happily, Robinson Crusoe is far superior to the previous film, The Lost World 3D.

I still think it's time to put a real attraction into the theater. Or, maybe it's time for Mr. Action Theater to meet Mr. Bulldozer.

Feb 6, 2016
Colonial Heights

I couldnt help but just laugh at that^ Honestly, I have found the theatre rather pointless since the removal of the action seats. The movies never have a wait by any means. Ive always thought they should use the building for shows(a magic show personally) and ditch the movie but.....

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad