Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Nov 23, 2010
143
5
70
Does anybody have some ride concepts they'd like to see at the park? I'd like to see the Europe in the Air simulator completely removed and replaced with an Irish Mine Ride coaster (I'd call It Leprechaun Caverns:p).

Post all the rides you'd like to see at BGW here, whether they're logical or the craziest thing you've ever thought of.
 

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
15,925
46,510
260
Virginia
Concept Europe in the Air Replacement:
Current Europe in the Air building could be converted into the station for an indoor-outdoor Euro-Fighter with darkride sections (one at the beginning, one at the end) with a storyline involving Irish magic in some way (think Corkscrew Hill as a coaster).

Concept Globe Theater Replacement:
For some reason whenever I go into the Globe Theater I can't help but imagine a family spinning coaster of some kind in that building.
 

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
1,510
1,648
250
Swiftman said:
Concept Europe in the Air Replacement:
Current Europe in the Air building could be converted into the station for an indoor-outdoor Euro-Fighter with darkride sections (one at the beginning, one at the end) with a storyline involving Irish magic in some way (think Corkscrew Hill as a coaster).

Concept Globe Theater Replacement:
For some reason whenever I go into the Globe Theater I can't help but imagine a family spinning coaster of some kind in that building.

A coaster in that area? where'd you get such an idea. ;)
 
Nov 23, 2010
143
5
70
Here is the complete info for the coaster that I want to replace Europe in the Air.

NAME: Leprechaun Caverns

RIDE TYPE: Mine Train Coaster (similar to Expedition Everest) or indoor-outdoor Eurofighter (similar to Mystery Mine) Either one would work well with the theme.:)

QUEUE: Same cave queue as before, followed by extra switch backs in a castle themed room. The station is past a hole in the castle chamber, which is themed to a mine shaft. There is a queue line video that displays the storyline for the ride.

STORYLINE AND THEMING: The storyline is you and a group of foolish tourists sign up for a tour of Leprechaun Caverns. Leprechaun Caverns is an abandoned gold mine underneath the Castle O Sullivan grounds. The mine used to be the main source of wealth for the people who lived in and around Castle O Sullivan. Then the mine workers stroke a massive emerald that has been cursed by the magical creatures of ancient Ireland. The mine quickly became possessed by thousands of both evil and good magical creatures. The mine was soon quarantined due to the
casualties, lack of workers, and lack of precious medals the mine produced.

Thousands of years later the abandoned mine has been long forgotten. Then a selfish tourism organization bought the mine and started giving tours of Leprechaun
Caverns. The organization is raking it in as hundreds of tourists sign up for tours of the mine. Once you arrive for your tour, you board the mine train to start your tour of the mine. Then as soon as you enter the sacred tunnels of Leprechaun Caverns, the tour guide flees and leaves you at the mercy of the ancient mine inhabitants. That's when the fun begins and you search the the mine, trying to find an escape
route while being stalked by the good and evil Irish creatures.

THE RIDE: As soon as you board the train, a voice comes from the front of the car introducing the tour guide and welcoming you to Leprechaun Caverns. you take a ninety degree turn to see a door marked with a logo saying "Welcome to Leprechaun Caverns." The door is then pushed open and you plunge through a short coaster portion inside of a cave lit by dim lanterns before entering the first dark ride portion. This area is an old break room used by the mine workers. The
voice of the tour guide then comes through saying something along the lines of "I've got to get out here" as a shadowy silhouette of the guide runs away from a few magic creatures. The room is then brightened by creatures trying to get you. You are then launched at a moderate speed (40-50 MPH) through a pitch back chasm.

This is the main coaster portion which includes over 2,000 feet of track in pure
darkness and short portions of track that depict the creatures and ghosts of the mine workers that weren't able to escape. You then enter into a brake run immediately followed by a lift hill mixed with a dark ride portion displaying the
prophecy of Leprechaun Caverns. "Thousands of years ago, millions of magical creatures stalked the mythical land of Ireland. Then the dark days came and humans took over the land. All of Irelands mythical creatures banned together to stand up for their heritage by forming their own world inside of a giant emerald. Once the humans start to steal their new world, all creatures shall be awakened and have the right to take back their land. The ancient inhabitants of Ireland knew
this and buried it deep inside the earths crust, hoping that no other being will lay their hands on the precious stone."

The lift is themed with screens presenting the legend and the tour guide will return to be the voice of the prophecy. The legendary emerald will shine at the top of the lift. After the lift you will enter another dark ride portion with the ghost of a mine worker who was unable to escape. He tells you about a way out of the mine when some evil creatures cast a spell on you and the track drops beneath you. The train then travels backwards through a short helix before another dark ride portion starring the ghost showing the way out and the tour guide begging you to take him with you. The coaster then leads outside where you see the structure the coaster was in is a mountain with a castle on top which has the Irish flag on top. This final
coaster portion is outside and twists in and out of the mountain and forest before entering a cave back into the mountain. The exit sequence is the tour guide apologizing about the experience then thanks you for riding. The train then ends up in a castle chamber and the exit is castle themed. You walk down a castle corridor which eventually meets up with the old exit for Europe in the Air (which has also
been rethemed to a castle). Pictures of the ride will be available somewhere along the exit corridor.

Phew. That took a long time to think out! Anyway the only way this ride would happen is if the budget was high but either way it would be freaking sweet! I hope
you enjoyed the ride and had a magical time on Leprechaun Caverns.:D
 
Aug 18, 2010
883
24
70
Id like to see a more intence version of darkastle instead have like a slow coaster and some really good theming.
 
Aug 17, 2010
869
1,121
210
Boy, do I have one heck of a coaster design for Ireland. However, my lifelong dream, unrealistic as it may be, is to help creatively design rides. To preserve my slim goal, I'll keep the plans in the dark.

I would also love to see a spinner in the Globe Theatre, which seems to either replay previous shows (Pirates 4-D), cater to children where it can otherwise be housed (Sesame Street), or show downright crap (Haunted Lighthouse). Of course, this spinner would have to be unique.
 
Nov 28, 2009
157
0
60
I have alot. Haha!
For England, put a dark ride or small family coaster inside the Globe Theater!
For Ireland, put a coaster(not sure what kind though) and theme it to leprechauns( they could tear Castle O Sullivan down for it!
For France, they should put an Eiffel Tower!! They should have a ride to the top and of course a gift shop! :p


Those are just some of my concepts!:)
 
Aug 17, 2010
869
1,121
210
I would vote against an Eiffel Tower in France, especially one the likes of 300 ft tall. For one, it is not BG's style. Big Ben in England is cool and a great meeting spot, but it is nowhere near real-size. Plus. KD already has an Eiffel Tower. Not sure why they do, but there's no sense building one at BG. I'd also avoid Leprechaun themeing in Ireland unless it is a children's attraction. It's a little bland and not super unique. When you think of Ireland, you think of leprechauns, and in the past, aside from LNM, Busch has chosen more unique themes to build their attractions around than the normal theme or story associated with that particular hamlet.
 
Dec 11, 2009
819
53
90
Rochester, NY
Franco said:
I would vote against an Eiffel Tower in France, especially one the likes of 300 ft tall. For one, it is not BG's style. Big Ben in England is cool and a great meeting spot, but it is nowhere near real-size. Plus. KD already has an Eiffel Tower. Not sure why they do, but there's no sense building one at BG.

I agree, I also think the France hamlet at BGW is modeled after an era that pre-dates the Eiffel Tower.
 
Sep 8, 2010
1,465
1,748
250
Charlottesville
I think putting a ride in the England (Front entrance area) would be a bad idea. Kings Dominion has a few in the front and it tends to cause mass back ups. I do think Ireland would be a great spot for a coaster of some sort one day down the road.
 
Nov 23, 2010
143
5
70
I agree, England really isn't the best place to put a ride. (even though I would like to see one:p)

Anyway, I'd like to spit out another concept. This would be re-theming New France into Switzerland. I'll release some of my ideas for this expansion later, meanwhile I'd like to here some of your ideas and opinions about this concept.

I personally LOVE the rustic theme, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the park. Switzerland would keep the rustic atmosphere in the area as well as rip out a North American hamlet from a european theme park. That's all for now. :D
 

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
1,510
1,648
250
bgwfans-fan said:
I agree, England really isn't the best place to put a ride. (even though I would like to see one:p)

Anyway, I'd like to spit out another concept. This would be re-theming New France into Switzerland. I'll release some of my ideas for this expansion later, meanwhile I'd like to here some of your ideas and opinions about this concept.

I personally LOVE the rustic theme, but it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the park. Switzerland would keep the rustic atmosphere in the area as well as rip out a North American hamlet from a european theme park. That's all for now. :D
New France doesnt make much sense, but it works. I think it is one of the best themed areas in the park, and it has the best food too. The average attendee won't mind, maybe even know, that it's a Canadian area, and neither do I.
 
Nov 23, 2010
143
5
70
I love New France. It just doesn't make sense. I'd like it if it stayed but got a revamp.

A new flat that would be cool in that area would be a Huss King Kong attraction, only instead of a King Kong theme it would be a Lumberjack theme. This new ride would be added into the empty space behind the Log Flume.

Also, if there is any additional space a larger sized Eagles Nest kids area with rope climbs, treehouses, and a zip line would be AWESOME. The Land of the Dragons rides and play area would be reused and integrated into this kids area so that the old LOD space can be used for something else.

These concepts can be used as an upgrade for New France or could be added as part of a retheme to the hamlet (Switzerland, Austria, etc.). These concepts could go either way.

(Copyrighted by bgwfans-fan. All rights reserved.)
 
Aug 4, 2010
66
0
30
bgwfans-fan said:
Here is the complete info for the coaster that I want to replace Europe in the Air.

NAME: Leprechaun Caverns

RIDE TYPE: Mine Train Coaster (similar to Expedition Everest) or indoor-outdoor Eurofighter (similar to Mystery Mine) Either one would work well with the theme.:)

QUEUE: Same cave queue as before, followed by extra switch backs in a castle themed room. The station is past a hole in the castle chamber, which is themed to a mine shaft. There is a queue line video that displays the storyline for the ride.

STORYLINE AND THEMING: The storyline is you and a group of foolish tourists sign up for a tour of Leprechaun Caverns. Leprechaun Caverns is an abandoned gold mine underneath the Castle O Sullivan grounds. The mine used to be the main source of wealth for the people who lived in and around Castle O Sullivan. Then the mine workers stroke a massive emerald that has been cursed by the magical creatures of ancient Ireland. The mine quickly became possessed by thousands of both evil and good magical creatures. The mine was soon quarantined due to the
casualties, lack of workers, and lack of precious medals the mine produced.

Thousands of years later the abandoned mine has been long forgotten. Then a selfish tourism organization bought the mine and started giving tours of Leprechaun
Caverns. The organization is raking it in as hundreds of tourists sign up for tours of the mine. Once you arrive for your tour, you board the mine train to start your tour of the mine. Then as soon as you enter the sacred tunnels of Leprechaun Caverns, the tour guide flees and leaves you at the mercy of the ancient mine inhabitants. That's when the fun begins and you search the the mine, trying to find an escape
route while being stalked by the good and evil Irish creatures.

THE RIDE: As soon as you board the train, a voice comes from the front of the car introducing the tour guide and welcoming you to Leprechaun Caverns. you take a ninety degree turn to see a door marked with a logo saying "Welcome to Leprechaun Caverns." The door is then pushed open and you plunge through a short coaster portion inside of a cave lit by dim lanterns before entering the first dark ride portion. This area is an old break room used by the mine workers. The
voice of the tour guide then comes through saying something along the lines of "I've got to get out here" as a shadowy silhouette of the guide runs away from a few magic creatures. The room is then brightened by creatures trying to get you. You are then launched at a moderate speed (40-50 MPH) through a pitch back chasm.

This is the main coaster portion which includes over 2,000 feet of track in pure
darkness and short portions of track that depict the creatures and ghosts of the mine workers that weren't able to escape. You then enter into a brake run immediately followed by a lift hill mixed with a dark ride portion displaying the
prophecy of Leprechaun Caverns. "Thousands of years ago, millions of magical creatures stalked the mythical land of Ireland. Then the dark days came and humans took over the land. All of Irelands mythical creatures banned together to stand up for their heritage by forming their own world inside of a giant emerald. Once the humans start to steal their new world, all creatures shall be awakened and have the right to take back their land. The ancient inhabitants of Ireland knew
this and buried it deep inside the earths crust, hoping that no other being will lay their hands on the precious stone."

The lift is themed with screens presenting the legend and the tour guide will return to be the voice of the prophecy. The legendary emerald will shine at the top of the lift. After the lift you will enter another dark ride portion with the ghost of a mine worker who was unable to escape. He tells you about a way out of the mine when some evil creatures cast a spell on you and the track drops beneath you. The train then travels backwards through a short helix before another dark ride portion starring the ghost showing the way out and the tour guide begging you to take him with you. The coaster then leads outside where you see the structure the coaster was in is a mountain with a castle on top which has the Irish flag on top. This final
coaster portion is outside and twists in and out of the mountain and forest before entering a cave back into the mountain. The exit sequence is the tour guide apologizing about the experience then thanks you for riding. The train then ends up in a castle chamber and the exit is castle themed. You walk down a castle corridor which eventually meets up with the old exit for Europe in the Air (which has also
been rethemed to a castle). Pictures of the ride will be available somewhere along the exit corridor.

Phew. That took a long time to think out! Anyway the only way this ride would happen is if the budget was high but either way it would be freaking sweet! I hope
you enjoyed the ride and had a magical time on Leprechaun Caverns.:D
Wow, thats really good, i can actually see that
 
Nov 23, 2010
143
5
70
Thanks Bgwfans787

This coaster would be an amazing and unique addition to the park as well as opening the park into a new level of theming.

(Sadly, unless the budget is high, it will never happen:dodgy:)
 

Sly4Good

Rose up from the dead and all I got was a t-shirt
Apr 25, 2011
289
498
160
NAME: Banshee
IDEA: The Old Irish Banshee Has Howled yet again, and your next
Coaster type: B&M Floorless(with darkride elements
Invesions: 5( Cobra Roll, Loop, Corkscrew(2)
Discription: In the Irish country side, There lie's a mythical being known as the "BANSHEE". Every time this creature would howl, someone would die. Now, The Banshee is after you, and only you can escape.
You start by getting on the que line Near Eagle Ridge. You explore the irish countryside while paper's and radio's tell of the banshee striking. You then arrive in a cave, where a local radio report exclaims your next in an unsettleing voice. You then hear a rustling in the bushes. You ignore these sounds and continue on into the cave. There you board the coaster.
ON RIDE: as soon as you depart the coaster a voice is heard saying "Enjoy your Howl-oing escape and thanks for riding the BANSHEE. after a short drop you take a small curve to the right and head up the lifthill. Sometime in the middle a projector will turn on a screen of a beautiful woman, who suddenly turns into a terrifying ghost and a howl is heard. You then drop down the 75 degree drop into an airtime hill. After that hill you end up pulling into a moderatly sized cobra roll. After that you would go through the first corkscrew, then a 130 foot tall hill with the mid corse break run is attached to. a second screen shows the banshee closeing in on your coaster car, but a 67 degree drop saves you. You then pull's you into the loop (which overlooks an irish village),
Then into another airtime hill. You enter the final corkscrew, and then, the final breakrun(which is designed to look like a bridge that is loks like it has collapsed{is that a spelling error, i think it is}finally, a third screen is shown in which the banshee is shown that the banshee is shown to dissapate as soon as it goes over the bridge because it cant go over water. Latter, the town mayor congradulate{ANOTHER SPELLING ERROR!?}you for vanquishing the dreaded banshee. You then pull into the station and exit
I would liked to thank everyone who read's this. Comments and ideas appreatiated(Try not to be negitive). Thanks

Sly
 
Sep 29, 2010
764
1,107
210
the final breakrun(which is designed to look like a bridge that is loks like it has collapsed{is that a spelling error, i think it is}finally, a third screen is shown in which the banshee is shown that the banshee is shown to dissapate as soon as it goes over the bridge because it cant go over water. Latter, the town mayor congradulate{ANOTHER SPELLING ERROR!?}you for vanquishing the dreaded banshee. You then pull into the station and exit


Sounds awesome man...you could just say "which is designed to look like the bridge has collapsed"....and "congratulate"...

Very intricate description though in your narrative. I can only imagine how sick the concept art would be. I like it! :p
 
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad