Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Gavin

🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪
Administrator
Sep 27, 2009
Skyland Estates, Virginia
Anyone find it odd that the last three ride closures (Volcano, Tornado, and Hurler) have closed with no notice at all? I’ve never seen that happen at any park in the entire time I’ve been associated with the industry. I wonder what the odds of that happening are.

• Sad
Reactions: jornor and Mushroom

horsesboy

DarKoaster stalker
Advisory Panel
Silver Donor
Jun 16, 2013
Anyone find it odd that the last three ride closures (Volcano, Tornado, and Hurler) have closed with no notice at all? I’ve never seen that happen at any park in the entire time I’ve been associated with the industry. I wonder what the odds of that happening are.
I think that given the events around Tornado the park can get a pass on that one. But Volcano and Hurler are odd.

Mar 16, 2016
I think that given the events around Tornado the park can get a pass on that one. But Volcano and Hurler are odd.

I give a pass on Volcano as well. They aren’t choosing to shut it down, it was chosen for them.

Hurler is the odd one, but CF kinda did it with Mean Streak too. Didn’t make a big deal, just announced its closing.

Apr 21, 2010
I think it comes down to when the decision is made. It just could be that for both Hurler and Volcano they simply didn’t know until the off season.

Reactions: Mushroom

Nicole

Administrator
Jul 22, 2013
Arlington, VA
I know this wasn't exactly the original intention for this thread, but the title seemed to work. I'm also not sure if this list has been posted elsewhere. I wanted to highlight the current ride closure list for KD:

mtorange

Grand Carnivale, Haunt, and WinterFest Aficionado
Jul 26, 2014
I didn't even know this was a page on the website until just now...

Is White Water Canyon always closed until the summer each season? If I'm being quite honest, I've never really paid attention to that and it caught me off-guard just now seeing it listed with Eiffel Tower as "closed until further notice".

EDIT: Just saw the discussion on the WWC thread. Oops.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad