Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
New York
Ever sense the Cirque De Soiluel style show left, the RPT has been empty. I heard a few rumors about it.

1. They are removing it to expand New France and bring back a car ride using newer technology.

2. They are going to completely renovate the theater to add more updated theming around with new seats, and a new stage.

3. They are removing it to expand France slightly to add New eating and shopping opportunities including an Effle Tower and to construct a permanent Howl-O-Scream building.

Sep 23, 2009
Isn't that where band concerts are for school competitions? (I usually avoid the park when they have schools there.)

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
New York
I wouldn't know because I only go there during Howl-O-Scream because its a vacation for me, not a day trip. Other than that, if thats true, 95% of the year nothing goes on in it.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
I had once mentioned to BGW that they convert the outside theater to an inside theater and have it look like the Moulin Rouge complete with the Windmill and Everything. The shows could be more extravagant if it were inside. I am not one to sit outside in the elements and prefer to have inside seating. It would be even more amazing if they could have box seating where you can have wine or coffee brought to your table during the performance. Oo-la la and viva la France!

FYI: I honestly think the shows in New France are a waste of space and have never been fond of the shows there either. My guess is that New France may change in the future with that whole back area becoming revamped. I still wish they would do something with the old "Eagle's Nest" area under Le Scoot.

I would say that Festhaus Park more of the large concert venue. It would be wise to convert that area to a Portsmouth Amphitheater complete with lawn seats and sell beer like no tomorrow. They may be able to get bigger guests that way.

Although, come to think of it, for Busch Gardens to have a real successful concert series, they would need to make the venue in an area where someone could buy a ticket to the concert and not the park. If they did add a "Colosseum" in the Italy/ Festa Area, this could be a possibility.

But if they really did get rid of the RPT, that would free up a rather large area for new rides or attractions. Interesting post Wings.

FutureImagineer said:
Isn't that where band concerts are for school competitions? (I usually avoid the park when they have schools there.)

Yes. And cheer-leading competitions. (As I found out one day.)

The truth is, they will always find some use for the Theater. Whether it be a show(Kinetix, Imagintique.), school competitions, a HOS show/attraction(Catacombs, Countdown to Midnight.), or a Christmas Town attraction.(Penguins.) It's used more than you think, but it does generally remain empty. I don't think it is going anywhere anytime soon.

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
New York
I agree with Nora for the most part in this. I think it would be most beneficial if they just built an entirely new Amphitheater in Festhaus Park which can be used for all types of special events not having to follow any theme. In my opinion France is very attraction lacking and needs to have some more attractions or something more to it. Freeing up that space and installing a newer, better theater in the area that is used for special events would make more sense. Maybe we could see a new country, such as Belgium or Switzerland, in the area that could be freed. As far as I see, Busch plans to do nothing with the land in Festhaus park besides use for special events.

Fur Dozy

Mayor of Busch Gardens Tampillsburg
Nov 5, 2009
I hate Walking through the festhaus park. When I was a kid I would look in awe at the drachen and dream of the day I could ride it. Now all that area brings me is grief. If only I had dressed as a girl with 4-inch heels. Ok well, not that much but still, I hate the feeling of missing it by just a hair.:(

Sep 23, 2009
Fur Dozy said:
I hate Walking through the festhaus park. When I was a kid I would look in awe at the drachen and dream of the day I could ride it. Now all that area brings me is grief. If only I had dressed as a girl with 4-inch heels. Ok well, not that much but still, I hate the feeling of missing it by just a hair.:(

Trust me, you didn't miss much. The memory of the ride is much better than the actual ride was.

Nov 26, 2009
Okay, RPT is not like any other theater. FlyerMiles is right. They will always have something to put in there. They might not use the whole area for HoS or CT, but they do have shows, competition and other stuff there. I think they won't get rid of it. I know I did here about France being expanded and if they did expand France that is one way. I don't think they would add a whole new country, because that is a big space, but not big enough. I also want to say that, technically. New France is still part of France as 1 full country, they are not separate countries, most people get this wrong but it is true. Even BGW has said that. That put in a map that said 'New France, France' Which means they are the same country. I really don't like New France because It makes me feel like they are themeing America back in the beginning of our country's birth and not European themed. If anything, get rid of New France and change it to a new country. As for the RPT, I do want to say, they don't have regular long shows in there because of it's versatility to the park. I think they also just realized they can do so much more than just have shows there. So seeing that theater leaving soon won'y be on my primary list of things to worry about.

Nov 14, 2009
Williamsburg, VA
Fur Dozy said:
If only I had dressed as a girl with 4-inch heels. Ok well, not that much but still, I hate the feeling of missing it by just a hair.:(

My son was 6 at the beginning of last season, although very tall for his age. He was like a half inch too short for Griffon and Alpengeist, so in the summer my wife and I bought him a pair of shoes with the thickest sole we could find. It *barely* put him over the top. He was thrilled:)

Dec 27, 2009
Shafor said:
Fur Dozy said:
If only I had dressed as a girl with 4-inch heels. Ok well, not that much but still, I hate the feeling of missing it by just a hair.:(

My son was 6 at the beginning of last season, although very tall for his age. He was like a half inch too short for Griffon and Alpengeist, so in the summer my wife and I bought him a pair of shoes with the thickest sole we could find. It *barely* put him over the top. He was thrilled:)

I wish I could do that for my daughter. She is only 1/4 inch short for those coasters ans desperately wants to ride them, but my wife won't let me do it.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
I wish I could do that for my daughter. She is only 1/4 inch short for those coasters ans desperately wants to ride them, but my wife won't let me do it.

Hey Robbie,

Hey, If she was only 1/4 off last year, I bet this year she will make the height requirement! :)

Ah~ I remember well being her age and running up to the measuring pole at the entrance of Busch every year and that exact moment of realizing I was tall enough to ride the Loch Ness... (the only coaster then). It was all I could do with my wimpy kid strength to pull my parents to the ride; who at the time, seemed to be dragging along behind me like a rusty anchor.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
arjelynmirador18,

I think, its better to have a clarification in that problem before making decisions. And there should someone member of government to arrange the solution for this case. If Festhaus Park will be better for planning an event, maybe it as okay to talk about it in a nicest way.

What intrigues me is why you thought this particular post of mine was being not nice? Did anyone else who read my previous post (post #5) besides arjelynmirador18, think I was being particularly mean or arbitrary to BGW in any way? Just wondering.

And by the way, arjelynmirador18, I never once said I was making decisions for the park, merely suggesting some ideas and possibilities.

Sep 23, 2009
Don't worry Nora, this is a spammer. Their IP was in a spammer database. They're from the Philippines, hence the broken english and idiotic reply.

Sep 28, 2009
Virginia
Ach, no wonder I felt the creepy vibe once more.

Thanks Chris.. I was completely baffled by the post.

Dec 27, 2009
Nora said:

Hey Robbie,

Hey, If she was only 1/4 off last year, I bet this year she will make the height requirement! :)

Ah~ I remember well being her age and running up to the measuring pole at the entrance of Busch every year and that exact moment of realizing I was tall enough to ride the Loch Ness... (the only coaster then). It was all I could do with my wimpy kid strength to pull my parents to the ride; who at the time, seemed to be dragging along behind me like a rusty anchor.

I've been measureing here my self here and it's going to be close when we are in town there this summer, but I think she'll make it when we are there for Christmastown this year.

Oct 7, 2009
Raleigh, NC
As it was already mentioned, I know they use the area alot for middle school / high school concert competitions. Back in college I could go during the school year on a weekday and it seemed like every time I did some kind of event was going on in there. I don't know where they'd move such competitions if they removed the theater, so I'd say the only feasible option would be to maybe renovate it but keep it as a theater, otherwise I'd say they'll leave it as is.

Nov 23, 2010
This thread may be dead, but I'd still like to share my RPT replacement ideas.

1. On the main site of RPT there could be a dark ride based off of Tour De France that utilizes the E.T. Adventure at Universal's ride technology. This will take you through France's most famous landmarks including the Alps, French Countryside, and the main sites of Paris.

2. The paths at the sides of the theater would be reused and widened to accommodate the crowds. Along these paths will be additional shops, games, and dining options. Near the back of the former RPT will be lush gardens and colorful fountains. This will also be where the main entrance for Tour De France is.

3. Located near the left corner of the expansion will be The Gift of Flight attraction. The ride will be themed to the famous flight Amelia Earnhardt took over the Atlantic Ocean to Paris, France. The ride system will be the Gerstlauer Sky Fly flat ride. The ride will be painted blue and the ceiling of the queue will be draped with model airplanes.

4. At the area of land near the railroad can be the location of the Eiffel Tower and some more gardens, shops, and food kiosks. The Eiffel Tower can be 300 ft. tall with a second floor that houses a gift shop and legit sit-down restaurant. There will be an observation deck at the top of the tower. A bridge can cross the road into New France and another set of restrooms will be built there. Catacombs and Polar Pathway will stay in their current location. Tour De France will close to be used as a
queue line for those two attractions during Howl-O-Scream and Christmas Town.

5. A Coliseum structure similar to the former RPT can be built somewhere outside of Festa Italia and can host the Illuminights Concerts, school concerts, and a new cirque show.

Well those are my ideas! At first it didn't seem right to post on a dead thread but I just had to get my ideas out. I hope those concepts are worth something and would be a worthy replacement for the Royal Palace Theater. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad