Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

AIR

Busch Gardens Flying Coaster
Jul 7, 2017
Williamsburg VA
Below, I have a few illustrations sorta depicting a rough idea of a cleaned up New France ride area. It includes a reimagined InvadR, guest midways, and thrill ride addition. This is completely fan created and wishful thinking, not super realistic but figured I'd share nonetheless.

NEW InvadR Layout

Red - Existing track
Orange - New lift and layout
Blue - Existing Flume
Yellow - Existing Buildings
Green - New foliage / tree growth
Dark Gray - Service roads

Screenshot Invadr (2).png

While I love what InvadR is for Busch Gardens, filling several voids in the ride lineup, I've always hated what it's done to the feel of the surrounding area. The foliage removed opens views all the way from the covered bridge to the Maintenance Building backstage, and ruined the Le Scoot Flume ride experience in my opinion. While trying to keep InvadR in the park, I wanted to play around with alternative layouts, while perhaps keeping some of what currently exists. (I've never heard of or seen a track layout change on a wooden roller coaster before. But, seeing it done on roller coasters in general, I felt like it was a fun idea to mess around with.) After this, above is what I came up with: a simple out and back layout, which allows for foliage to grow in crucial spots and allows for easier maintenance on both the railroad and InvadR itself. Ride vehicles, as it stands now, have to be hauled to the maintenance building backstage after being pushed back to the brake run and disassembled there. In order to do that, forklifts and other large machines must drive through the Caribou Train Station, over the tracks and on the ride platform. What I have above, eliminates a whole lot of complication and looks much cleaner in my opinion.

New France Area

Screenshot Plaza (2).png

All above is depicting is a new plaza area that more or less eliminates the existing InvadR plaza area and simplifies it greatly. The reason for this is for better flow and access to the Caribou Train Station.

RELOCATED 36 Seat S&S Screamin Swing

Red - Tower Structures
Yellow - Buildings
Cream / Teal - Swings at 90 degree mid swing
Blue Arrows - Ride entry and exit

Screenshot Swing (2).png

Before InvadR was built, I always believed the New France area of BGW needed a significant anchor between Alpengeist and Griffon but still off the heavily traversed path. The Catapult pad caught my attention as guests can see it from a distance when entering New France from the covered bridge or from Three Rivers Snacks shop. Something not too big like a large roller coaster or drop tower but still a sizeable thrill ride. This is where I would have placed "Finnegan's Flyer" back in 2015 when I first thought this up. If anyone who has ridden Barnstormer at Dollywood, this is what I am envisioning. Flying close to cabin style buildings and trees I believe is a decent trade off for flying over an ugly retention pond in Ireland.

Dec 7, 2021
Below, I have a few illustrations sorta depicting a rough idea of a cleaned up New France ride area. It includes a reimagined InvadR, guest midways, and thrill ride addition. This is completely fan created and wishful thinking, not super realistic but figured I'd share nonetheless.

NEW InvadR Layout

Red - Existing track
Orange - New lift and layout
Blue - Existing Flume
Yellow - Existing Buildings
Green - New foliage / tree growth
Dark Gray - Service roads

View attachment 25657

While I love what InvadR is for Busch Gardens, filling several voids in the ride lineup, I've always hated what it's done to the feel of the surrounding area. The foliage removed opens views all the way from the covered bridge to the Maintenance Building backstage, and ruined the Le Scoot Flume ride experience in my opinion. While trying to keep InvadR in the park, I wanted to play around with alternative layouts, while perhaps keeping some of what currently exists. (I've never heard of or seen a track layout change on a wooden roller coaster before. But, seeing it done on roller coasters in general, I felt like it was a fun idea to mess around with.) After this, above is what I came up with: a simple out and back layout, which allows for foliage to grow in crucial spots and allows for easier maintenance on both the railroad and InvadR itself. Ride vehicles, as it stands now, have to be hauled to the maintenance building backstage after being pushed back to the brake run and disassembled there. In order to do that, forklifts and other large machines must drive through the Caribou Train Station, over the tracks and on the ride platform. What I have above, eliminates a whole lot of complication and looks much cleaner in my opinion.

New France Area

View attachment 25658

All above is depicting is a new plaza area that more or less eliminates the existing InvadR plaza area and simplifies it greatly. The reason for this is for better flow and access to the Caribou Train Station.

RELOCATED 36 Seat S&S Screamin Swing

Red - Tower Structures
Yellow - Buildings
Cream / Teal - Swings at 90 degree mid swing
Blue Arrows - Ride entry and exit

View attachment 25659

Before InvadR was built, I always believed the New France area of BGW needed a significant anchor between Alpengeist and Griffon but still off the heavily traversed path. The Catapult pad caught my attention as guests can see it from a distance when entering New France from the covered bridge or from Three Rivers Snacks shop. Something not too big like a large roller coaster or drop tower but still a sizeable thrill ride. This is where I would have placed "Finnegan's Flyer" back in 2015 when I first thought this up. If anyone who has ridden Barnstormer at Dollywood, this is what I am envisioning. Flying close to cabin style buildings and trees I believe is a decent trade off for flying over an ugly retention pond in Ireland.
My question is where catapult be placed, as you would sacrificing that for the new spot of Finnegan’s?

Reactions: Mwe BGW

AIR

Busch Gardens Flying Coaster
Jul 7, 2017
Williamsburg VA
It could be placed in several locations: the blue tent in Festa Italia adjacent to Tempesto, or inside Castle o'Sullivan in Ireland. It could also perhaps replace Flying Machine if that is, unfortunately, gone. I do know it lived in the Boneyard for a season or two before it found another home.

But since the location in Ireland where Finnegan's stands now would be empty, I would put some money towards planting mature trees there. I looked into simply planting and beautifying the creek and area around Finnegan's where it is now, but it seems kinda hopeless with the adjacent Colonial Pipeline easement mostly.

Ice

Coffee is for Closers
Silver Donor
Jan 5, 2018
DC Area
I would genuinely slap someone if they did all that to put Finnegan's Attrocity in Ireland just to move it and bring in mature trees, when they could've just left it all alone in the first place. I want them to commit to what they have and beautify it as is. It looks like dog taint right now and I hate it. Ireland was my favorite place to walk to from the park entrance, not seeing a single ride, just get lost in the greenery. I'd be fine with there being a ride there if they made an effort for everything to not look like ass.

As far as Trapper's Village, I agree 100% that this should be redone. I don't like the InvadR layout change since it looks boring, but I don't ride it as is (lines are usually too long to justify it on the days I am in the mood). But ever since they added the new bathrooms and put InvadR back there, the whole area feels like a messy logjam. There is the scrambler for some reason, a not-so-obvious pathway to the main train station, bathrooms, and a roller coaster entrance/exit all coming together in the same junction. On busy days, this is the first area in the park to turn into a shit show, other than the walkway out of England after the globe has a show let out. A bulk of effort for a project like this would have to be on redoing some of the pathing since it is so patchwork, but with the space available they could do a decent job of having some stuff going on there. I like the idea overall.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad