Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Zachary

Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Virginia
With rumors of Gwazi's old Millennium Flyer trains heading to Williamsburg swirling around right now everyone seems to be tossing out their ideas about where a possible GCI woodie could be placed at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. People have hypothesized everything from Festhaus Park to Ireland so, in keeping with the current trend, I've decided to toss my hat into the ring. Without further adieu, I give you my concept for a Pompeii-themed hamlet (click on the image to view the full-sized version):

Pompeii%20Mini-Hamlet%20v2.1.png

Attachments

• Pompeii Mini-Hamlet v2.1.png
    Pompeii Mini-Hamlet v2.1.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
RE: Pompeii Hamlet

So not only did you keep Escape from Pompeii the Ride, you cleverly found a way to toss the sun dial. I like the overall plan. One question...will this Mediterranean restaurant actually be open once in a while? :cool:

Reactions: Zachary

chickenking said:
So not only did you keep Escape from Pompeii the Ride, you cleverly found a way to toss the sun dial.

:evilgrin:​

chickenking said:
One question...will this Mediterranean restaurant actually be open once in a while? :cool:

Alpenghost and I were talking about this. We agreed that it would likely be restricted to weekends. Luckily, unlike Bisto 205, everything would be made to order so they wouldn't be sitting on tons of wasted food.

Reactions: John

I think this is a fantastic idea. It would be a great way to add a new hamlet without the talks of putting it behind roman rapids and getting rid of the stables. The only concern I have is the closeness of the woodie to LNM. It would also be cool if they added a theater for a show.

Ohhh what we would do if we owned the park... Personally I like it... It finishes one of the few untouched areas of the park... If NL2 was out, I would make a sim

Kudos on the design of everything, but I must say that I'm not a fan of the idea of a third Italian hamlet. We already have Festa and San Marco. I'm not a fan of the countries with multiple hamlets in the park.

By-Tor said:
Kudos on the design of everything, but I must say that I'm not a fan of the idea of a third Italian hamlet. We already have Festa and San Marco. I'm not a fan of the countries with multiple hamlets in the park.

I thought about this too but concluded that I could live with it with the hope that Festa will eventually be converted to Greece.

Hoopla said:
The only concern I have is the closeness of the woodie to LNM.

I figure that you can already clearly see the super ugly backside of Escape from Pompeii from the 2nd lift anyway- why not add a woodie too. :p

By-Tor said:
I'm not a fan of the idea of a third Italian hamlet. We already have Festa and San Marco. I'm not a fan of the countries with multiple hamlets in the park.

Then the park should do what several people have been urging and change Festa into another country. I honestly don't think Festa ever was a good hamlet, they don't even have very good music, just pop versions of stereotype Italian music. They should change it to Spain or Greece. Then they won't have a third Italy hamlet, there will only be two. Which matches up with other hamlet numbers---> i.e. Germany-Oktoberfest, France-New France (somewhat), England-old hastings.

Reactions: Zachary
Re: Pompeii Hamlet

For the record, I think Neptune's Treasures is a huge fish fry waiting to happen. Bad idea.

Initially I was thinking it may also be possible to put a path to the new area behind the gelato shop. It couldbe a T instead of when you take a left turn to head to Oktoberfest.

pandorazboxx said:
Initially I was thinking it may also be possible to put a path to the new area behind the gelato shop. It couldbe a T instead of when you take a left turn to head to Oktoberfest.

That was my original plan but I figured it would pull too much traffic away from Festa which, lets be honest, is the last thing Festa needs.

Pretzel Kaiser said:
For the record, I think Neptune's Treasures is a huge fish fry waiting to happen. Bad idea.

If Pompeii burns to the ground the park has larger problems than their fish.

Hoopla said:
Then the park should do what several people have been urging and change Festa into another country. I honestly don't think Festa ever was a good hamlet, they don't even have very good music, just pop versions of stereotype Italian music. They should change it to Spain or Greece. Then they won't have a third Italy hamlet, there will only be two. Which matches up with other hamlet numbers---> i.e. Germany-Oktoberfest, France-New France (somewhat), England-old hastings.

That makes sense, only most of the general public would probably refer to the new Greece as the old Italy and never notice the difference. Excuse my getting off-topic, but if Festa were remodeled I would like it to turn into anything but Greece. In more ways than not, Italy and Greece are the same thing (especially in a theme park's representation).

The amount of extra space required for an aquarium is insane. In addition to the actual floor exhibits, it would need the following at the Pompeii location.

Water quality laboratory.
Food prep kitchen.
Vet lab.
Holding/medicine tanks.
Filtration systems, one per tank.
The machinery required to create the water for aquarium use.
Possibly an ozone generator depending on the size.

A lot of these facilities cannot be combined because contamination is a huge issues. Speaking of contamination, there's a good chance the park would have to duplicate all that for an off site quarantine facility depending on size. The amount required for a small aquarium at the park is not worth the money.

^^
Can't they just have a little aquarium? You know, like one you can pick up at the Wal-Mart. No mess-no fuss maintenance.

That wouldn't be very good for attraction level. I actually used to do work at the Va Beach aquarium caring for the fish, so I've picked up a thing or two.

Fish are unique when it comes to care and water born pathogens spread easier than air or touch, that's why all the different facilities are needed.

I was going to say that the biggest problem is the word anus appearing prominently in the name of the centerpiece attraction. But I guess the giant ravine would be an issue too.

In all seriousness, it's just good fun to see concepts like this one, regardless of how perfectly feasible any given concept may or may not be in real life. Creativity and passion are such an important part of fostering and then articulating a totally new vision for an existing well-known space. I'd happily look at 100 clever and thoughtful ideas like this one, were they to appear here. Thanks for posting yours, Zachary.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad