Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
I did some searching and found an approval to replace the timber bridge connecting Heatherdowns and Ireland with a steel bridge with concrete topping.

So, we have a redone bridge in 2010.

I hope the black drawbridge chains will still be there after the construction is done. Sometimes at Busch Gardens the extra little touches disappear over time.

Also, are we sure it's this bridge? There are at least 2 other timber foot bridges in the park after all.

That's true... It could be the Scotland-Germany one seeing that they added those extra railings.

I could also be the bridge that leads from the parking lot down to the main entrance now that I think about it.

I am not a big fan of covering anything with concrete. Too bad they can't still keep the old feel of the "wood" bridge, even though the skeleton of the bridge is made from stronger, more durable materials. Of course there is the new "eco" materials they could be considering.

Speaking of bridges... what is up with all the safety rails on all the bridges??????? You have got to be kidding me!!! You can't even take a good picture of the Flume and Alpengeist anymore. It's those "Warning: beverage may be hot" people that ruin it for everyone. :mad:

Plaintiff: "Well your honor, you see there was this bridge and it had a railing, but I decided to climb over the top and dangle on the side... I had no idea I would fall." :angel:

Judge: "Well in that case, you are a moron." :dodgy:

Although I do know for a fact that a guy (on a bet) did jump off the San Marco bridge... (amazingly he was not hurt despite the water being so shallow). He was only "found out" because he went to lost and found to try to find his lost shoe that fell off when he hit the water. Hilarious!

The other wooden bridges I can think of are the one by LNM/Grimm's Landing (but it was just redone, right?) and the Threadneedle bridge on the other side of Ireland.

Nora said:
Although I do know for a fact that a guy (on a bet) did jump off the San Marco bridge... (amazingly he was not hurt despite the water being so shallow). He was only "found out" because he went to lost and found to try to find his lost shoe that fell off when he hit the water. Hilarious!

When did this happen? Do you mean that bridge that goes over the Rhine River? That bridge is high, he survived?

Technically Heatherdowns is in the England section along with Babury Cross. Hastings (Ireland) was also considered part of the England section in the past.

England A makes me think of the bridge that connects the england parking lot over by the Bus & RV parking area and the kennels area to the entrance pathway by Banbury crossing.

Slyman said:
England A makes me think of the bridge that connects the england parking lot over by the Bus & RV parking area and the kennels area to the entrance pathway by Banbury crossing.

Can't really dispute that at all, especially since that bridge is an "A Frame" design.

All of the train bridges are steel, right? And are there any backstage bridges we're not considering?

I agree that the most England-y bridge is the one leading from the England Parking lot that Chris suggested. "A" might also refer to the fact that it's one of the first bridges in the park (does the tram bridge count?)

Swiftman--That picture made my morning! :D

Seems like there is going to be alot of changes this Season but to more to utilities and scenery.

Think about this logically, if it says England A Pick out any bridges that are in or near england. Such as,

- "ENGLAND" Parking Lot Bridge
- Ireland Entrance Bridge
- Threadneedle Bridge. (I don't think I spelled that right?)

Out of these bridges, which one is the oldest and most likely to break with people on it where everyone will die or get seriously injured?

Probably all of them, Now look at which bridge is older that the others, I know it's hard because they were probably some of the first bridges built but which was built first, even the fact that one was built a day before the other makes all the difference.

If I were an owner of Busch Gardens I would probably repair the one that gets the most wear and tear on it daily, I'm not sure of the exact names of them though. I'm sure people who go into the park a lot more than I do will be able to pick out one based on this logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad