Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Mar 18, 2017
I think this was more than a syncing issue. It did a pretty good job of lining up the trains at the top of the hill, letting us catch up when we were behind by a fair bit, though yes the other train started dropping first. However the side I was on seemed to be running slower as well and the other train just kept pulling away. By the end it wasn't even close.
Any difference coming off the lift is highly exaggerated, a 1 row lead turns into a whole train ahead of the other, 2 rows turns into a train-length lead. Then they do come together some over the big camelback and a lot at the turnaround since the leader slows down first. I also got the impression South falls even further behind on the return, although it should be faster as it is smoother, although often fewer people on it. If South was the side that started a row ahead when the sync gives up 2/3rds up the lift, part of the difference would cancel by the top and they might finish neck and neck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coasternerd
Nov 30, 2018
Fun but at least in the front and on I think the south side, there’s a REALLY bouncy bit as you go up to the top of the turn around hill. I think maybe some retracking is needed there. Also that side seems to run slower. It’s not much of a race, even though they are synced up on the lift hill. Still fun, though.
I got to experience this yesterday. It jammed my thighs into the restraint hard enough that it felt like riding Skyrush, and not in a good way

Definitely was the worst ride I’ve had on Racer this year, and I was really getting to a point where I was finding it to be a solid woodie again.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad