Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
May 28, 2011
So I see that they have filed plans to remove and replace the floating bridge from Scotland to Germany (I am assuming in the offseason). Does anyone know if the bridge that is currently there is the original one or if it has been replaced before?

Also, it looks like they are demolishing and replacing the "Trapper restroom". I assume that is the log cabin looking one near the Catapult, is that right? Or is that the one closer to the theater and the smokehouse?

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
mdb07 said:
Does anyone know if the bridge that is currently there is the original one or if it has been replaced before?

Don't know if it's been replaced before but it had railings added to keep people away from the edge of the water (I believe to prevent feeding of the animals and falling in the lake).

Apr 29, 2011
I'm not sure if they replaced the floating bridge yet but it wouldn't surprised if they have.

Back in the day it used to get a ton more foot traffic than it does now, especially before the San Marco hamlet opened. And during Nessie's first years this bridge would be packed just from people wanting to take pictures.

Reactions: Peter R.

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
b.mac said:
Don't know if it's been replaced before but it had railings added to keep people away from the edge of the water (I believe to prevent feeding of the animals and falling in the lake).

Actually, the reason the new railing was added is because the American population is getting heavier. The added railing was to reduce the bridges capacity so that less people could stand on it at the same time. A combination of America's ever increasing weight and the age of the bridge. I imagine if we see this bridge replaced in the off season then it will go back to having normal railings.

Reactions: Mushroom
Sep 29, 2009
mdb07 said:
[...]Also, it looks like they are demolishing and replacing the "Trapper restroom". [...]

Aw! I liked those restrooms.:( I assume it's for a good reason though, because most people don't even know that it's a restroom.
That's one reason I like the park so much. They go to so much effort for themeing the restrooms alone!

Reactions: Julia and Planeteer
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad