Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Jul 22, 2010
One year prior to the opening, the big sister to Nessie was opened in Busch Gardens Tampa. The coaster was a fairly short one but one that I found to be very fun. It was one of my first upside down rollercoasters and featured two corkscrew elements. The trains to me are very similar to Nessie's; I do not have any hard facts on that. Maybe one of you will be able to clarify. It was a generic model but due to the Congo style theme, overwhelming quantity of palm trees, and the hut style station it was unique.

I have not found the flash drive with my pictures so here are some from searches

45910.jpg

This was the old style sign prior to the repainting, new logo signage

bgt47.jpg

This shot is collated with Nessie but give you an amazing perspective of the trains

pythonvlnm%281%29.jpg

You can see the truss structures were the period-signature Arrow structures. Although it was nothing out of the ordinary it goes down as one of my favorites

I do believe there are some parts from python sitting in the lochness garage. Same style trains from what I was told.

I rode it before and after the segment repair that occurred prior to its closing. It was a VERY short but fun coaster. I miss it. But I always let a ray of sun gleam down when I remember that we have a train of her here in Va.

ScoutN said:
I rode it before and after the segment repair that occurred prior to its closing. It was a VERY short but fun coaster. I miss it. But I always let a ray of sun gleam down when I remember that we have a train of her here in Va.

So that rumor is true then. I figured there was truth to that but no one had spoke about it until now.

I came across a picture not too long ago of the trains in the employee lot at BGW. I cannot for the life of me find it again.

Yes, there is a Python train that runs on Loch Ness, and I believe that all of the horse collar harnesses were replaced by the ones from Python when it was demolished.

B-Mac said:
ScoutN said:

So that rumor is true then. I figured there was truth to that but no one had spoke about it until now.

Does anyone know which LNM train is Pythons?

IIRC from a manager in Tampa said that a whole train was sent to BGW. Another train was stripped and its parts went to BGW. I was told that around the time Sheikra opened so it is a hair hazy now. A while train DID come here though.

FWIW, if I remember correctly, the tour guides said one of the python trains came to BGW and it's been scrapped for parts. I don't know where else they would hide a train.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad