Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
If you're coming to this board, you're probably familiar with the rumor that Blackstone group is going to be submitting a bid for BEC. This thread will just serve as the place for you to discuss what you're hearing.
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
There are renewed rumors that the sale of the parks will be finalized and announced next week. The Wall Street Journal cited unnamed sources that apparently have knowledge of the proceedings. I don't know a specific day, but I'd say it's probably going to happen next week.
 
Sep 23, 2009
282
3
70
North Carolina
According to the Wall Street Journal, it's almost a done deal, but could fall through at any time. I'm hoping this next week they'll give us a definite YES or NO on the buyout.

Heh, we posted at the same time. :D
 

Wings

in The Vault
Sep 28, 2009
384
242
120
New York
BG has been on alot of corporate flops in the past few years, but it hasn't really changed much in the parks so I'm not that much concerned.
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
Wings said:
BG has been on alot of corporate flops in the past few years, but it hasn't really changed much in the parks so I'm not that much concerned.

I think if anything, this sale will be a good thing for the park. New owners would be willing to make the investments in the park to ensure it would not only remain great, but also increase it's market share. I feel like the management structure will remain the same since they've done a good job running the park.
 
Oct 5, 2009
112
1
70
A sale could be good, as long as they don't change too much. I've grown-up at BG going almost every summer for the last 27 yrs. I would hate to see some of the quirks that BG what it is go away. I would also hate it if they changed anything about the pricing. I can remember being able to get a 1 day ticket for 20.00, now in order for me to enjoy it like I do I have the EZpay season pass. Can only hope they don't get rid of that or change how it works. Love the fact when I visit my sister in FL we can use our Platinum passes to go to Sea World and BG Tampa too without any extra cost. So yes a sell could be good, but then again it could be bad. We'll just have to wait and see!!
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
AandA8104 said:
A sale could be good, as long as they don't change too much. I've grown-up at BG going almost every summer for the last 27 yrs. I would hate to see some of the quirks that BG what it is go away. I would also hate it if they changed anything about the pricing. I can remember being able to get a 1 day ticket for 20.00, now in order for me to enjoy it like I do I have the EZpay season pass. Can only hope they don't get rid of that or change how it works. Love the fact when I visit my sister in FL we can use our Platinum passes to go to Sea World and BG Tampa too without any extra cost. So yes a sell could be good, but then again it could be bad. We'll just have to wait and see!!

If Blackstone is indeed the company that ends up acquiring the parks I wouldn't be concerned about pricing options for tickets. Universal has more pricing options than Busch Gardens does at this point, so we may actually see an increase in the available tickets options.

The purchase of the parks would probably include a large amount of land as well that surrounds BGW and Blackstone may be interested in creating a mid-atlantic resort with year round attractions to go along with the park. Great Wolf Lodge has proven that the year round concept could work here and it seems the park has plans on offering events more than just the summer season and Howl-O-Scream.
 
Sep 23, 2009
282
3
70
North Carolina
Blackstone owns GWL? I didn't realize that.

I would hope they don't scrap the Platinum pass privileges. Cedar Fair has finally done the same with their passes. It's just a good idea. I can see it not giving you anything but a discount on their European parks, but free to Legoland would be great. I might actually make my trip west for that.
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
kcracken said:
Blackstone owns GWL? I didn't realize that.

I would hope they don't scrap the Platinum pass privileges. Cedar Fair has finally done the same with their passes. It's just a good idea. I can see it not giving you anything but a discount on their European parks, but free to Legoland would be great. I might actually make my trip west for that.

No, Blackstone doesn't own GWL, I was just using that as an example of a year round resort in the area.
 
Sep 23, 2009
282
3
70
North Carolina
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/200910/1449/

Robert from Theme Park Insider is taking questions today for an interview he is having with Busch/Sea World execs tomorrow. Go suggest away!
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
I've heard that the sale of BEC could be announced today, don't know a time, but I have also heard confirmation that BEC would be treated as a standalone company rather than being merged with Merlin. This would ensure the management structure is left intact and no major changes in the running of the park would occur other than probably opening the checkbook, which InBev has not been interested in doing regarding the parks.
 
Sep 23, 2009
282
3
70
North Carolina
That is great news, as is what you posted on Twitter about the access to AB related items, like the Clydesdales. I happen to have a platinum pass with the Clydesdales on it. :)
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
Nora said:
Good Riddance to InBev. :mad:

We may not be completely done with InBev. I've heard they're trying to hold up to a 30% stake in the parks, which would allow them to maintain "pour" rights and ensure their beers are the ones sold in the park and give Blackstone the ability to use the Busch items currently in the park. It would also allow them to sit back and collect dividends from the parks without having to go through the trouble of running them.

I've also heard the Busch family may be interested in buying a small stake in the parks, no doubt to ensure the conservation aspects of the parks are maintained.
 
Oct 5, 2009
112
1
70
Just got the message from Wavy TV that the sale is final. BEC has sold to Blackstone for 2.3B.
 
Sep 23, 2009
1,619
596
250
The deal's worth $2.3B in cash and it appears BEC will be it's own entity rather than be merged with Merlin. I'm looking for details about ownership percentages.
 
Sep 23, 2009
282
3
70
North Carolina
I'm glad it's over. $2.3B seems so minuscule, though. I hope it means they're interested in putting more INTO the parks. I would like to know what the $400M in additional considerations means...
 
Oct 5, 2009
112
1
70
Went to the BG site and they had this posted. http://www.worldsofdiscoveryblog.com/explore/blog/message-jim-atchison-president-worlds-discovery#comment-29
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad