Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

Shane

ParkFans Founder
Silver Donor
Jun 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
parkfans.net
7BORm.png

Reactions: Party Rocker
Definitely out of character for their usual posts. But the tone makes me think publicity as well. It seems like a shout-out for @buschgardensva and "come to the park today" for Howl-O-Scream. Cute. ;)

B.Mac said:
Busch PR should get in touch with Merlin, then they'll REALLY know how to pull a marketing stunt.
Eugh.

See, whilst this is kind of Merlin-ish in the sense that they openly criticised themselves (as a joke), which is something I'd not expect Busch to do, what makes it good is that it's rather unexpected. I saw it retweeted on my feed at least 3 times.

Merlin continually throw ludicrousness at the public all year long.

HAJiME said:
B.Mac said:
Busch PR should get in touch with Merlin, then they'll REALLY know how to pull a marketing stunt.
Eugh.

See, whilst this is kind of Merlin-ish in the sense that they openly criticised themselves (as a joke), which is something I'd not expect Busch to do, what makes it good is that it's rather unexpected. I saw it retweeted on my feed at least 3 times.

Merlin continually throw ludicrousness at the public all year long.

You have issue with it because you deal with it all the time, across the pond these kinds of marketing campaigns are so rare that they'll easily spice up the blandness that has been our social media connections. Should they go on the scale that Merlin does for Thorpe? no, but doing it a lot more than once or twice like this case will be just great for getting people interested.

I'm going to be totally honest, when I first saw it this morning on my feed, I thought it was legit. I actually began to wonder how PR could actually put that as their password. Then they continued to tweet and I figured out what was happening.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad