Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Apr 14, 2022
The tale as old as time, as the years have went on, rumors have often popped in and out of Knott's Giga Coaster (with one here back all the way from 2011), but last year; we got our first real look at recent plans and revisions for Knotts to go further than ever.

Two proposals were made, one seeming to be more prone to a hyper-coaster twister over by the currently operating Pony Express, and the larger one, a 350 foot giga that borders alongside Crescent Avenue and portions of parking space currently used. I only found Proposal B (The Giga-like concept), as I will post it down below alongside the direct source of whom leaked the revised layout.

1650085575928.png

(Source:

As it stands right now, Knotts Berry Farm has seemingly not been active on the project, however it is important to note that Knotts also hasn't been active and moving on their renovation project just yet for the accompanied hotel, that'd be directly next to the Giga version. I wonder if it's a result coming down to county politics, making sure things are properly finalized before moving forward.

Mar 26, 2022
Literally the thing of dreams. Ever since I've heard this part of me has been holding my breath waiting for it to be confirmed or denied.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
The biggest indicator that this project would be happening would be the parking garage getting constructed. The problem is that permits have not been filed for either the Knott's Giga or the Parking Garage so the entire thing is currently in flux.

It was my and @Zachary's understanding that the parking garage would happen first and then the giga would follow.

Apr 14, 2022
The biggest indicator that this project would be happening would be the parking garage getting constructed. The problem is that permits have not been filed for either the Knott's Giga or the Parking Garage so the entire thing is currently in flux.

It was my and @Zachary's understanding that the parking garage would happen first and then the giga would follow.

Good question, as it always made me wonder: in the permit, it was noted that the parking structure in the docs, was Parking structure #2. But if that's the case, and that's the second; where would parking structure #1 be? It's been my question for months, as I wondered if the plan is to have another parking structure over by Soak City, to compensate for the loss of parking that's going to be present.

b.mac

Indiana Beach Vibe
May 14, 2011
BFE, Virginia
Good question, as it always made me wonder: in the permit, it was noted that the parking structure in the docs, was Parking structure #2. But if that's the case, and that's the second; where would parking structure #1 be? It's been my question for months, as I wondered if the plan is to have another parking structure over by Soak City, to compensate for the loss of parking that's going to be present.

We don't know because neither sets of permits were ever publicly filed, nor was there any publicly available discussion about both projects between Knotts Berry Farm and Buena Park.

Reactions: Alexandermbush
Apr 18, 2022
this would be a nice family coaster to help round out the park for sure. after this *crosses fingers* maybe they could get a real coaster like steel vengeance or giraffe racers!

Apr 29, 2011
According to the OC Register, Knott's is saying no to this but they really wouldn't be confirming if it was happening. I'd revisit this when plans are actually submitted to the city of Buena Park.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad