Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
They are smoking the good stuff. The interactions with Vebolten make no sense.

It's just a thought/opinion piece for wishful thinking. There isn't a lot of research built into the claims. I enjoyed the original vid for the exposure of the park, plus properly giving credit for the actual project's news to BGWfans.

Unfortunately that pic is circulating out of context (somewhat, not majorly though) as the "could spire be redesigned as this?!"

I guess now my question for #Project2024 is does it interact with #Project2025 (assuming it's a thing)?

Theme Park Predictions is a great person to follow if you want to consume mind melting logic and content about theoretical park additions.
But don’t you know it makes perfect economic sense to put a B&M giga at Valleyfair?!?!? I worked out the math perfectly! All you’d have to do is remove corkscrew, RMC renegade, and bulldoze half the parking lot! I’m honestly befuddled they haven’t seen the huge ROI potential on this completely 100% thoroughly logical addition. Especially because the year after that they’ll get a smaller family ride in the form of a Velocicoaster clone!

But don’t you know it makes perfect economic sense to put a B&M giga at Valleyfair?!?!? I worked out the math perfectly! All you’d have to do is remove corkscrew, RMC renegade, and bulldoze half the parking lot! I’m honestly befuddled they haven’t seen the huge ROI potential on this completely 100% thoroughly logical addition. Especially because the year after that they’ll get a smaller family ride in the form of a Velocicoaster clone!
Except that they are buying Ride of Steel from Darien Lake..... I'm sure screamscape is reporting on it by now.

Can someone tell a bit more about this rumor? I remember hearing that it was a myth, but is Bush Gardens really considering an attraction like this? I've seen a 3D video of what rumored ride layout, but I need more details? During Howl-O-Scream 2021, I got a chance to see more of the land, when I was waiting in line for Witch's Trail. That old station in the grass was once a former ride? If this so called rumored attraction is going to be built, will it be some where back there?

Can someone tell a bit more about this rumor? I remember hearing that it was a myth, but is Bush Gardens really considering an attraction like this? I've seen a 3D video of what rumored ride layout, but I need more details? During Howl-O-Scream 2021, I got a chance to see more of the land, when I was waiting in line for Witch's Trail. That old station in the grass was once a former ride? If this so called rumored attraction is going to be built, will it be some where back there?
It would use tge existing station and exit out in the direction of tge witch trail. There may be a small hill and then turn toward Verbolten at the valley between the witch trail and the Rhine. Hit a second launch on in that valley shoot up the spike and then drop back in reverse all the way through tge station and up a second small spike before stopping.

Literally everything you could want to know can be found in the wiki post in this very thread.

It would use tge existing station and exit out in the direction of tge witch trail. There may be a small hill and then turn toward Verbolten at the valley between the witch trail and the Rhine. Hit a second launch on in that valley shoot up the spike and then drop back in reverse all the way through tge station and up a second small spike before stopping.

So pretty much, your just coming back down the way you came? I guess I can see the thrill in that. My guess is that the giga category will tower it over all the rides in the park? So, the night ride experience to this should be incredible. Hope Bush Gardens Williamsburg keeps the valley dark. How much of the straight away is near the river?

If that’s the entire ride
That sounds so incredibly boring, like I get it’s gonna be 300+ ft tall, but cmon, I need a little more
Gimmie a few inversions. I want my giga looper

If that’s the entire ride

Please—you and anyone else who doesn't fully understand Drachen Spire—please read the wiki post in this thread. A few minutes there plus a handful more scanning through the two highlighted articles will literally get you like 90% of the community's collective knowledge regarding this project.

Hell, there's even a video up there you can watch that will show you the entire ride. People (yes, myself very much included) worked really goddamn hard on this stuff. It's just sorta frustrating to see people posting to this thread without even just an understanding of the the coaster's layout. I don't know how we could possibly make this information more accessible.

Last edited:
Please—you and anyone else who doesn't fully understand Drachen Spire—please read the wiki post in this thread. There's even a video there you can watch that will show you the entire ride. People (yes, myself very much included) worked really goddamn hard on this stuff. It's just sorta frustrating to see people show up to this thread with the most basic of questions about the layout.
Sorry sorry sorry I’m new around here
Also I wasn’t meaning to like comment on the video, I just meant I find it a little basic in terms of winning back the height record from KD for Virginia

I've included a video below that shows a rumored designed of what it could be like. Based on this, I would be in favor of the new idea because it utilizes the terrain. Imagine this at night time. Being dropped in the dark near the water. You know I'm sitting towards the back of the train for that. Once DarKoaster is added, that will be four launch coasters that the park has. If they go with a shuttle launch, it may begin to feel too similar to the other ones in the park. Given Pantheon's current success, I don't see why Intamin couldn't pull this off for BGW.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Is there any movement even occurring on this project? I can’t recall the last major thing that happened other than the balloons.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad