Login or Register to Hide This Ad

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Dec 4, 2021
They are smoking the good stuff. The interactions with Vebolten make no sense.

It's just a thought/opinion piece for wishful thinking. There isn't a lot of research built into the claims. I enjoyed the original vid for the exposure of the park, plus properly giving credit for the actual project's news to BGWfans.

Unfortunately that pic is circulating out of context (somewhat, not majorly though) as the "could spire be redesigned as this?!"

I guess now my question for #Project2024 is does it interact with #Project2025 (assuming it's a thing)?

Dec 28, 2020
Theme Park Predictions is a great person to follow if you want to consume mind melting logic and content about theoretical park additions.
But don’t you know it makes perfect economic sense to put a B&M giga at Valleyfair?!?!? I worked out the math perfectly! All you’d have to do is remove corkscrew, RMC renegade, and bulldoze half the parking lot! I’m honestly befuddled they haven’t seen the huge ROI potential on this completely 100% thoroughly logical addition. Especially because the year after that they’ll get a smaller family ride in the form of a Velocicoaster clone!

• Haha
Reactions: b.mac and Mwe BGW
But don’t you know it makes perfect economic sense to put a B&M giga at Valleyfair?!?!? I worked out the math perfectly! All you’d have to do is remove corkscrew, RMC renegade, and bulldoze half the parking lot! I’m honestly befuddled they haven’t seen the huge ROI potential on this completely 100% thoroughly logical addition. Especially because the year after that they’ll get a smaller family ride in the form of a Velocicoaster clone!
Except that they are buying Ride of Steel from Darien Lake..... I'm sure screamscape is reporting on it by now.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad