Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Next attraction should be #Adequately Staffed Park. Lets invest in the employees to bring the park back to 2019 and before staff levels. Hell they can even market that on TV and billboards.
This and a parking payment pavilion that can actually handle the crowds that come in on an average day.

Busch Gardens, at its current staffing clip, can barely handle a bad thunderstorm, yet alone opening Pantheon and something else in 2023...

I pray for nothing else but additional well-trained people with a passion for customer service and safety. The coasters would be the cherry on top, and the cherry on that would be staff to operate them efficiently.

I love cherries, but for now, we must sift through the raisins at the bottom of the cup. I can't wait to visit again, YouTube POV vids from 2019 are making me emotional! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Unagi
What they will do is "close" an older roller coaster when under staffed to open up a newer roller coaster to drive attendance.

So which will it be? LNM may seen obvious but it's a classic so unlikely unless they're planning on removing it - which is also unlikely. I can see maybe Alpengeist though that takes a good chunk of capacity along with the other B&Ms. Maybe Tempesto or InVadr, though both require minimal ride crews so not sure they'd really gain much staff that way... And would lose capacity (especially important for InVadr).

There's no reason to believe we're losing a coaster anytime soon. BGW is on a quest to become the best rides park in the region. They'll work out their staffing issues in time.
Unless something changes dramatically in the coming months there should be a lot more international labor available in 2022 then there was in 2021 which should be a big boost to all parks.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad