Instead of clogging up the Pantheon thread BGWnut intimated there is a chance because of the pandemic delays and delay of Pantheon that SEAS may be working out with Intamin to allocate the funds for DrachenSpire to a different park in the chain and utilize a different manufacturer for BGW. Partially because BGW is very jealous of all the attention BGT has gotten over IronGwazi.
Also Tempesto/Tigris and even one could say Verbolten/Cheetah Hunt (twins? more like 2nd cousins?)... If history repeats itself, it's a possibility...I was more thinking along the lines of a BGT/BGW twin. Montu/Alpengeist, SheiKra/Griffon, Iron Gwazi/Project 2023?
Would take some work, but looks like based on the coordinates of @AIR 's photo (at least 2 traffic lights closer), and angle (in a car rather than raised over the roadway); I do think it's very possible that this is a balloon test. I would summarize that 1 of 2 things is possible. DF is still very much alive and they need to re-up on FAA requirements because they will be expiring soon -OR- they completely changed plans and need to redo everything with the site.that balloon sure looks like 355 feet to me, and in a similar location to where DS spike was going to be
I mean...it's a guess. Nothing more. I think I would lean more towards the first of just needing to re-submit something to the FAA. IIRC that permit stated that construction had to start by Aug 2021, so if this is a line of sight test, this is possibly a good sign that we will see this project possibly ground break in the next 18 months.so you're saying theres a chance......
Completely forgot that the FAA waiver was extended. I find the changed height hard pressed because 355 feet is really tall and they can easily come up short of it. I’d be more willing to bet it’s moved. Maybe this is the end of DF? Maybe it’s a revamped DF?The FAA waiver was already extended and, as far as I know, the FAA doesn't need sight line information. Typically these surveys are done for the benefit of the county approval process I believe. That could mean that the highest point has moved or changed in height and the park will need to amend their current waiver or file for a whole new one.