Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
The FAA waiver was already extended and, as far as I know, the FAA doesn't need sight line information. Typically these surveys are done for the benefit of the county approval process I believe. That could mean that the highest point has moved or changed in height and the park will need to amend their current waiver or file for a whole new one.
Completely forgot that the FAA waiver was extended. I find the changed height hard pressed because 355 feet is really tall and they can easily come up short of it. I’d be more willing to bet it’s moved. Maybe this is the end of DF? Maybe it’s a revamped DF?

Look at the size of the yellow topper for MT. That looks WAY higher, as much as 500ft high. Im not sure this is for drachenspire. Maybe fireworks?

if this is DS its probably just perspective messing with it. you've got to remember that DS high point was by verboltens 2nd launch. So the angle of the picture, plus where it is in relation to MT could be making it look like that

if this is DS its probably just perspective messing with it. you've got to remember that DS high point was by verboltens 2nd launch. So the angle of the picture, plus where it is in relation to MT could be making it look like that
The only way it looks higher though is of it is significantly closer than the other angle. So unless this is over the preserve area its gotta be much higher.

Yea man! I was on Elmo’s Spire and noticed it a few minutes ago. Definitely looks taller than anything else in the park and toward the DF area.

Reactions: tursiops
Isn’t it basically thought that there won’t be a TREX?
Not referring to that nonsense. More the rumor that BGW is jealous of Iron Gwazi at BGT and to that I say "yessssssssssssss let the jealously consume you, THEY have a large RMC, YOU do not, correct this!" 😂

EDIT: Also please correct RMC restraints. As a 6'3 man I despise them.

Reactions: Le Moose
Update on this:

historically, whenever someone has sighted a height survey balloon over BGW, it has ALWAYS been for a new attraction

Someone I trust reached out and confirmed that BGW has used balloons like this for fireworks previously. None that I've reported on have turned out to have been fireworks related and it is still my impression that most are not, but I wanted to highlight that it has apparently happened before.

No idea whether this one is for fireworks or not, but I did want to confirm that it is a reasonable possibility with some historical precedent.

Not referring to that nonsense. More the rumor that BGW is jealous of Iron Gwazi at BGT and to that I say "yessssssssssssss let the jealously consume you, THEY have a large RMC, YOU do not, correct this!" 😂

EDIT: Also please correct RMC restraints. As a 6'3 man I despise them.

But BGT competes mostly with parks in Orlando which to my knowledge don't have RMC hybrids, however KD is just up the road from BGW with TT. Though, if they somehow do a massive RMC then that's shots fired back at KD.

My gut feeling is that either they're moving the DS tower plans a bit, or this is a sight-line for extremely high fireworks for the 4th (though I dunno why they'd do anything that high since their main concern should be whomever can see in the park).

Reactions: Unagi
Consider Donating to Hide This Ad