Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!

General Information:​

"Project Drachen Spire," is a community-generated identifier for the Intamin-made, multi-launch, shuttle giga coaster that was originally slated to open at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2021. The attraction is planned to utilize the currently-vacant land behind Verbolten, Festhaus Park—the former home of Drachen Fire.

The coaster's main layout—as leaked before the addition was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic—featured two launches, two spikes (one spiral, one vertical-ish), and a couple of banked turns. Drachen Spire was designed to run two trains by means of a pair of switch tracks connecting the primary, shuttle portion of the layout to the station platform.

Important Articles:​

• Most Up-To-Date Understanding of the Layout:
  • Most Recent Status Update:

NoLimits Model of the Layout:​

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Direct Link to Embedded Media Source

Additional Coverage (Newest to Oldest):​

Previous Thread:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of clogging up the Pantheon thread BGWnut intimated there is a chance because of the pandemic delays and delay of Pantheon that SEAS may be working out with Intamin to allocate the funds for DrachenSpire to a different park in the chain and utilize a different manufacturer for BGW. Partially because BGW is very jealous of all the attention BGT has gotten over IronGwazi.

So could we see the project shifed to RMC and "Iron-Dragon" or ''DrachenSteel" open instead??

I could only hope that whatever they do would be bigger than Twisted Timbers.

i think it would be cool to see a raptor with a similar style to Jersey Devil

Deleting my post from the Pantheon thread and reposting and expanding here where it's relevant.

I wouldn't mind seeing RMC instead of Drachen Spire - either a counterpart to Iron Gwazi, or taking the "biggest single-rail" record from Jersey Devil and SFMM's possible upcoming Raptor. Fanboy dream would be recreating the Drachen Fire first drop with the latter.

Reactions: scottyholiday
Deleting my post from the Pantheon thread and reposting and expanding here where it's relevant.

I wouldn't mind seeing RMC instead of Drachen Spire - either a counterpart to Iron Gwazi, or taking the "biggest single-rail" record from Jersey Devil and SFMM's possible upcoming Raptor. Fanboy dream would be recreating the Drachen Fire first drop with the latter.
If doing single rider single rail I think a dueling single rail would be pretty cool and provide more capacity.
But if they are gonna go big , maybe the first T-Rex at 300+FT ? That would certainly make a statement and draw in the crowds when you can unequivocally say "WORLDS FIRST" . As far as a DF homage I really wanna see that drop re-created.

Reactions: BGWnut
The t-Rex is a complete pipe dream. I would be utterly shocked if one ever got built in North America. A raptor though I could see coming.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: panopticon31
I am glad there are multiple things coming, however I really just wanna focus on Pantheon. Since that’s probably gonna be a 22, might as well talk about this. A raptor could be cool, but it in my mind would be pretty unoriginal unless it was the craziest raptor to be installed both now and for the foreseeable future. If going for fairly copycat, I’d rather have something along the lines of TT or IG

I am glad there are multiple things coming, however I really just wanna focus on Pantheon. Since that’s probably gonna be a 22, might as well talk about this. A raptor could be cool, but it in my mind would be pretty unoriginal unless it was the craziest raptor to be installed both now and for the foreseeable future. If going for fairly copycat, I’d rather have something along the lines of TT or IG
I would seriously doubt if they go with RMC they would do anything close to Twisted Timbers because then you cant market it for shit since Twisted Timbers is just down the road. It would probably something more along the lines of Iron Gwazi or Zadra

Honest take here:
Wanting to explore something else because IG got more hype than Pan is kinda petty and not a reason to change manufacturers.
I think it's more they saw the hype that IG and think a similar coaster might get more hype than DS would

Reactions: halfabee
This is more a not-at-all likely thought than an actual guess into a possible but as-of-yet unknown change in plans:

Keep Intamin, expand upon the use cases for rapid switch-track technology by forcing the ride to split trains into different sections of the layout then converge later on.

So switch-track station for high capacity, a main line with a launch and maybe a few elements - some kind of theming interaction that hides the switch, a switch that sends trains down 2 or 3 different sections, launches/brakes before the converging switch(es) with a potential for trains to interact with each other somehow, converging switch, maybe a few more elements, then final brake run/station switch.

Assuming minimal theming effort helped to lend support to the multi-track layout (path blocked, quick detour needed - etc), I can see this running several trains at once thus being high capacity. Also, it'd really be the first of it's kind but using proven technology - the closest I think that gets to this is where Hagrid's sends trains to either one of two drop-tracks where the experience is about the same and really only thoosies and the park probably know two exist.

IMO modern intamin can and does do anything rmc can do but better and with more reliability. We gotta wait for kondaa to see what that looks like but RMC is really just flying by the seat of their pants and it shows with stuff like the LRod retrack and SV work since opening.

Another note with the spire deal, it barely uses any of the field area. That area could easily fit a raptor or even a sizable family coaster or mega-lite deal. Even something like FLY might fit in that area.

That's part of the reason the Drachen Spire plan rocked in my opinion. It still left a bunch of room for expansion—expansion that dead end will likely really want as popularity for the first Festhaus Park attraction begins to die down a bit in the five to ten years following its opening. Drachen Fire's station building is a long way from the existing guest areas.

Last edited:
I still really like the idea of figuring out a way to convert the catering area into a beer garden with a side entrance into Das Festhaus, points if they make it more oriented towards other beverages and theme the area as either a different part of Germany if not a whole other country (Belgium?)

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad