Login or Register to Hide This Ad
Nov 5, 2009
Look at the size of the yellow topper for MT. That looks WAY higher, as much as 500ft high. Im not sure this is for drachenspire. Maybe fireworks?

vacoasterfanatic

used to like pompeii alot, as my username implied
May 14, 2019
if this is DS its probably just perspective messing with it. you've got to remember that DS high point was by verboltens 2nd launch. So the angle of the picture, plus where it is in relation to MT could be making it look like that

Nov 5, 2009
if this is DS its probably just perspective messing with it. you've got to remember that DS high point was by verboltens 2nd launch. So the angle of the picture, plus where it is in relation to MT could be making it look like that
The only way it looks higher though is of it is significantly closer than the other angle. So unless this is over the preserve area its gotta be much higher.

May 27, 2011
Yea man! I was on Elmo’s Spire and noticed it a few minutes ago. Definitely looks taller than anything else in the park and toward the DF area.

Reactions: tursiops
Jul 5, 2017
Isn’t it basically thought that there won’t be a TREX?
Not referring to that nonsense. More the rumor that BGW is jealous of Iron Gwazi at BGT and to that I say "yessssssssssssss let the jealously consume you, THEY have a large RMC, YOU do not, correct this!" 😂

EDIT: Also please correct RMC restraints. As a 6'3 man I despise them.

Reactions: Travis...

Zachary

BGW Eggspert
Administrator
Sep 23, 2009
Update on this:

historically, whenever someone has sighted a height survey balloon over BGW, it has ALWAYS been for a new attraction

Someone I trust reached out and confirmed that BGW has used balloons like this for fireworks previously. None that I've reported on have turned out to have been fireworks related and it is still my impression that most are not, but I wanted to highlight that it has apparently happened before.

No idea whether this one is for fireworks or not, but I did want to confirm that it is a reasonable possibility with some historical precedent.

Jul 5, 2017
You’re right. It’s Booooosch Gahdens. Auf Wiedersehen!
This is honestly something that makes me feel like KD is cheap with the inconsistent automated safety voices. You'd think Intimidator 305 of all the attractions would have a great one. Nope. Grizzly? Yup lol.

Jonesta6

Glumble
Feb 14, 2019
Not referring to that nonsense. More the rumor that BGW is jealous of Iron Gwazi at BGT and to that I say "yessssssssssssss let the jealously consume you, THEY have a large RMC, YOU do not, correct this!" 😂

EDIT: Also please correct RMC restraints. As a 6'3 man I despise them.

But BGT competes mostly with parks in Orlando which to my knowledge don't have RMC hybrids, however KD is just up the road from BGW with TT. Though, if they somehow do a massive RMC then that's shots fired back at KD.

My gut feeling is that either they're moving the DS tower plans a bit, or this is a sight-line for extremely high fireworks for the 4th (though I dunno why they'd do anything that high since their main concern should be whomever can see in the park).

Reactions: Unagi
Jul 5, 2017
^I mean I know it’s nothing more than a “hypothetical” at this point just to be clear. Also what would KD do? Build a B&M Hyper in response? I wouldn’t complain lol.

Reactions: scottyholiday
Login or Register to Hide This Ad