Login or Register to Hide This Ad

JAD

Feb 13, 2020
Some great new pictures of Tumbili and (for now) Avalanche from the park's blog:

View attachment 25506
View attachment 25507

Fingers crossed that the orange inside the track is the final color, cause that is GORGEOUS! And that sure looks like they've done a bamboo-style paint on Av as well!!
With the re-theme of avalanche, I wonder what they’re gonna do with the trains if anything at all. Repaint to match the new theme? New stickers? Complete refurbishment? Or brand new trains which I highly doubt. What do y’all think?

Jul 5, 2017
Alright talking in terms of like dynamics at the park…….what can we expect from lines for this thing? I assume it’s basically going to be one and done on most visits with a long slower line especially the first couple of years.

Reactions: Coasternerd
Nov 24, 2009
I think its a very specific ride guest that will ride this, I dont see the standard coaster riders lining up for it and those that do may only ride once just to say they did.

Nov 30, 2018
I can pretty much envision this will be a ride my kids want to do every visit. It may not be for everyone, but there are definitely captive audiences for this type of attraction.

Reactions: JAD and Coasternerd
Jul 5, 2017
Yeah I feel like it's gonna be just generally divisive if you enjoy the flipping or not. I certainly think I will never ride this thing on a Saturday unless I walk straight to it at park opening................but I'd rather just go ride Twisted Timbers. Either way if I'm in the camp of liking this thing it seems like people who like them REALLY like them overall I imagine I will ride it each visit if the line isn't pervasive. One thing I am wondering is if KD goes the Adventureland route and offer different flipping experiences on each side with one side wilder than the other. I certainly hope so!

When I think about how we traded The Crypt & Shockwave for Delirium & Tumbili I have no complaints for that trade off at all, though I did like the Crypt the few times I rode and watching it. It's sad seeing the top spins die off. But I do LOVE frisbees and roller coasters that don't cause Shockwave style pain though.

Reactions: JAD and Coasternerd
Nov 24, 2009
I mean none of those factors have hurt Tempesto so why would they be a negative here .
Tempesto is a whole lot diffrent when it comes to flipping end over end while doing that small closed circut coaster. I know alot of people that will ride coasters that dont ride tea cup rides because of the spinning.

Login or Register to Hide This Ad