Register or Login to Hide This Ad for Free!
Why should KD concern themselves with what BGW is building. Not like they look at Pan and say “Oh no we can’t go beyond vertical.”
Because BGW is going to market how exclusive a beyond vertical drop is for the Mid-Atlantic region. While KD could build a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster and it would be a great fit, that exclusivity will have been dulled down by the addition of Pantheon.

Because BGW is going to market how exclusive a beyond vertical drop is for the Mid-Atlantic region. While KD could build a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster and it would be a great fit, that exclusivity will have been dulled down by the addition of Pantheon.

So? If a gerstlauer infinity coaster is what’s best for the park (with a good theme and lighting package) why should it matter? Market a good ride, not one element.

At the ACE event the park president didn't seem that thrilled with Twisted Timbers. Well maybe that's an overstatement, but he talked about the issue of the need for draconian loose articles policies, and that slowing things down. He said they are evaluating other options for dealing with it, but I can't see them adding another RMC that will send loose articles flying.
They need to do loose article simulation on all rides with ejector airtime in the future. No more straight hills that cause the stuff to land on people behind you. I've seen stuff fly on I305 and it ends up on one side or the other of the coaster.

I talked with .. the Dippin Dots guy we'll say .. and supposedly the "safari" concept, whatever that meant, was a real thing until CF management visited the park and agreed or decided we need another coaster. Or 2.

As to launch coasters, Virginia (and MD thru FL) doesn't have an intense launch anymore, possibly including Pantheon. I agree with some mixed feelings about such rides, but the main issue is throughput. Shorter the ride, shorter the lines should be unless it's truly life-changing. Kingda Ka does have a tremendous theoretical capacity, but in practice that just makes it break down quicker. It's great to have a ride that can serve as a "finale" for your day, but without a complete loss of momentum.

Reactions: Hokie305
Off-topic: Kingda Ka's theoretical max throughput is 1080 riders per hour, which is good overall but not for a ride of its investment and of its current operational practices. For comparison, Thunderbird at Holiday World cost $3 million less in construction (with 10 years of inflation between the two), has a higher theoretical capacity of 1140, and is cheaper to maintain and operate.

Also Off-Topic: The OTSRs on i305 are a product of Intamin's train designs at the time. There are no extant laws or guidelines about whether a ride needs OTSRs over a certain height or because it goes upside down. Restraints are classified by a Class system. I can comment more on it in another thread later on further elaborating if y'all wish.

On-Topic: Coaster be good, coaster move people, coaster be reliable, coaster make b.mac happy. I would be fine with any of the models suggested recently in this thread.

On-On-Topic: Give me a Mack Powersplash. Three birds, one stone. Launched, cheap and effective ride, and can be a reference to Diamond Falls.

Reactions: Crunchewy
I talked with .. the Dippin Dots guy we'll say .. and supposedly the "safari" concept, whatever that meant, was a real thing until CF management visited the park and agreed or decided we need another coaster. Or 2.

Glad they realized KD needs a roller coaster (or two) to replace Volcano and not Safari Village's own Coconut Shores.

I wouldn't want to see a Powersplash replacing Volcano. I don't like water rides that you wear clothing on and get completely soaked. Gross. I like a flume, but not one of those big boat rides, which I guess is what Powersplashes are. It'd be cool if it was part of the water park, though, so you could wear a bathing suit.

Reactions: keo91 and Zachary
Powersplash is way too expensive for the amount of ride you get lol. Not a chance KD gets that. TwT proabably costs less than one.

Reactions: Sly4Good
Pretzel Kaiser, here you have a good opportunity to make a joke about what type of ride could be replacing Volcano. You’ve gained the respect of most of the people here with your clever quips which is great for your fragile ego, but if you repeat the same “Pollercoaster” or “Wacky Worm” jokes, you risk alienating those who’s respect you use to compensate a real lack of social life. You should take the time and form a new joke even if it means not being the first to respond to a tease.

RMC Avalanche

Nailed it.

Wow. A year ago I concepted a winged coaster, just on the other side of the park. ? Who’s reading my posts?

I think this ride looks like a lot of fun.

I wonder if the timeline moved up because of the back to back coasters at BGW.

Nah majority of the timeline rumors have been sketchy to begin with and should not have been trusted.

I would assume that KD is getting a pass of budget to replace Volcano, and then they're moving to the back of the line with Cedar Fair's apparent coaster addition carousel that is happening.

My dissapointment isn't in the coaster... it's what it's replacing.... I get that Volcano's removal was sudden but it deserved to be replaced with something as unique.... this is a clone with even less elements that its original ride. You can tell Cedar Fair wanted something quick to stop the bleeding, and didn't think this out. And I wasn't even a huge fan of Volcano, I thought the Launches were fun but the rest of the layout was mediocre. This whole RIDE seems mediocre.

Consider Donating to Hide This Ad